Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 01:22 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Good list, most of which embodies a readily recognizable scripture authority! The fact that you bill it as a 'generic' list provides some room for imbedding modern 'church' deviations from scripture. I believe we are living in (or close to) the 'Last Days' when many will "no longer endure sound doctrine." Your list is a pretty good representation of how that manifests itself today.
To right we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 01:34 PM

987 posts, read 1,119,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
btw... the last two instead of "ant" should have been "any"
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Oh I sort of liked 'ant theology'.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:59 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
I do too. Solomon knew all about ant theology:

He said to "Study the way of the ant" in Proverbs.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:08 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
I find no fault in the OP's list... In fact I would say it is spot on and I totally agree and will use it... Thank you

Old 07-19-2012, 02:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
Originally Posted by twin.spin
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
btw... the last two instead of "ant" should have been "any"
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You got a point there

Old 07-19-2012, 02:23 PM

987 posts, read 1,119,212 times
lol, I like those pic's.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:41 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Not to say if I agree or disagree with any of your 'ways'; but shouldn't each 'way' be a Bible verse?

Otherwise these are each examples of a person [you] giving your doctrine.
If one is a BIBLE-ian, yes. Can't turn the lights on without a scripture to back it up.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:33 AM

889 posts, read 825,758 times
I bet there are two denominations that match your list but don't agree on the means of salvation? Neither of which have authority to make the call. Of course, nor do you or I.

Scripture is an object on a table until one reads it. And then, many times, it is only what we want it to be or what we are searching for or what we already believe. Every bible read (past tense) speaks to the individual differently with different meaning and emphasis. In the end, as I pose the question in another thread, who or what has authority to make the call? Since by clear evidence, if you throw the Bible out into the masses, you get total chaos as to the Bible's meaning. All of these folks are well intentioned and may read the bible with an open heart and yet come out with something different. This, in it of itself, is not a bad thing, but in matters of salvation are of ultimate importance.

Last edited by GoodToBeHome; 07-20-2012 at 03:41 AM..

Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
I bet there are two denominations that match your list but don't agree on the means of salvation? Neither of which have authority to make the call. Of course, nor do you or I.

Scripture is an object on a table until one reads it. And then, many times, it is only what we want it to be or what we are searching for or what we already believe. Every bible read (past tense) speaks to the individual differently with different meaning and emphasis. In the end, as I pose the question in another thread, who or what has authority to make the call? Since by clear evidence, if you throw the Bible out into the masses, you get total chaos as to the Bible's meaning. All of these folks are well intentioned and may read the bible with an open heart and yet come out with something different. This, in it of itself, is not a bad thing, but in matters of salvation are of ultimate importance.
I would say that if we closely examine what is being said as the truth and compare that to the Bible, we can indeed make that call.

Simply having an "open heart" does not guarantee that one is not open to Satanic voices, like the Korish \ Jim Jones listened to. There are groups \ organizations that are very sincere... and still are very very wrong.

Last edited by twin.spin; 07-20-2012 at 10:34 AM..

Old 07-20-2012, 10:23 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I would say that if we closely examine what is being said as the truth and compare that to the Bible, we can indeed make that call.

Simply having an "open heart" does not guarantee that one is open to Satanic voices, like the Korish \ Jim Jones listened to. There are groups \ organizations that are very sincere... and still are very very wrong.
Our ancestors who you trust ALREADY were corrupted by satanic interpretations long before you or I came on the scene Twin. These ARE and HAVE BEEN the latter days spoken of when apostasy and mass delusion would grip the church and anti-Christ gospel would be widely accepted. To the minds of the early Christians a few hundred years in the future would have been considered the latter days . . . let alone 2000+. Christ's Gospel is a Gospel of love and there is no room withn it for fear or any other evil or hate or vengeance or non-love, period. Anything that is NOT love is satanic corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity