Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:00 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
1 Corinthians 6:9 is a horrible verse because it's a corruption and has been altered numerous times throughout history.
Where are all these older variations that were changed? How do they read?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 08:09 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,443 times
Quote:
Liberal scholars claim that? Philo said it was referring to prostitution in 30 A.D. Was Philo a liberal scholar?

1 Corinthians 6:9 is a horrible verse because it's a corruption and has been altered numerous times throughout history.

Feel free to show me where God claimed that every single gay person on this planet is capable of being celibate. Or show me where he said all gay people who were not given the gift of celibacy should join in sham marriages and ruin their spouses lives.
MT 19:25-26 "When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." but JN 5:40 "You will not come to Me, that you might have life."

Old 09-21-2012, 09:13 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Feel free to show me where God claimed that every single gay person on this planet is capable of being celibate. Or show me where he said all gay people who were not given the gift of celibacy should join in sham marriages and ruin their spouses lives.
The Holy Spirit is able to give people the power to refrain from sin, be it homosexual or heterosexual. The last thing a gay or ex-gay person should do is marry to cover up their struggle. If God blesses them with a wife, it will be in the right time.

Humans can live without sexual intercourse. Jesus said following him requires we take up our cross and deny ourselves. That means there will be sacrifices, which is why true Christianity is so hard to accept for the world.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:13 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Where are all these older variations that were changed? How do they read?
http://www.clgs.org/arsenokoités-an...d-consequences

Corinthians and Timothy - Bible Abuse Directed at Homosexuals

Old 09-21-2012, 10:21 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
MT 19:25-26 "When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." but JN 5:40 "You will not come to Me, that you might have life."
Poetic exaggeration. It's not possible for God to exist and not exist. There is no documented evidence of God ever changing someone's orientation, and countless gays have prayed and prayed for decades for him to do so. For most of them, it's not possible.

And the Bible itself says most people can't be celibate.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

How can God be love and hate? Can God be dark and light, good and evil, alive and dead?
It is written, "Love what is good and hate that which is evil." You and everybody else does that in there own way whether they be right or wrong on an issue but God is always right concerning good and evil. The world is in a mess because everyone for pride sake, being seperated from God, wants their own standard of right and wrong rather than Gods'.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:25 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Nothing is correct about their message of hate.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Poetic exaggeration. It's not possible for God to exist and not exist. There is no documented evidence of God ever changing someone's orientation, and countless gays have prayed and prayed for decades for him to do so. For most of them, it's not possible.

And the Bible itself says most people can't be celibate.
And of coarse you know how they prayed do you. I know of many gays who have been set free just as fornicaters and adulterers have been set free. One is not greater a sinner than the other.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:38 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Default Are the Westboro Baptist Church correct?

One small interjection...

When I hear the word "Christian", Wesboro Baptists behaving badly is the first image that comes to mind.

Yea it's not fair or accurate, but that's just how the human mind works. Those people have made more atheists than all the scientists in the last 100 years put together.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:49 PM

11,252 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Its not politically correct to say this today and I am sure I will be bashed heavily for this, but while you may not be able to change who you are attracted to, you can control who you have sex with, and any sex outside of God's provision is sin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
I know of many gays who have been set free just as fornicaters and adulterers have been set free. One is not greater a sinner than the other.
I get the vibe here that you two believe that a person can be born gay, but what they do with that lust defines their walk with God, right?

Garya, when you say "set free" in reference to a homosexual, what do you mean? The loss of their sex drive? Fornicators and adulterers are not "set free". Fornicators settle down and get married so they're not living in sin, and adulterers go to counseling and form a better relationship with their spouse and stop sleeping around. In both of these scenarios, these people still have an avenue to fulfill their sexual needs. This is how they get on the right path, or as you put it, "set free". Am I the only one that sees comparing that with what homosexuals deal with as being absurd? Do you suggest that homosexuals just get married to a woman and pretend to enjoy the sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity