Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 07:26 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,466,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
I can only recall one time I disagreed with something my current pastor said. I went to him and we sat down and discussed it, studied it and prayed about it. He changed his view on the matter. He openly stated such to the whole church and we moved on. It was not a big issue but should I hear something I thing is wrong according to scripture I will go to him again. He is very open about such things and he and I are very good friends.

That is awesome, most will not approach their pastor, and most pastors will never change their minds if it goes against their particular demoninations statement. thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 07:31 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,466,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
The presumptive assumption of this thread seems to be twofold: (1) That all pastors/churches 'intentionally' spew lies out of the pulpit; and (2) That the 'lies' are so clear that the OP (and others of that ilk) can clearly determine that based on their own opinion (not scripture). Ironically, neither presumption is true.
i should have not used such a strong word as " lie" i dont assume that pastors intentionally lie to the people. i hope that is not the way it sounded.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:55 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,636,400 times
I believe that a "church" (group of believers, NOT a building or denomination) is only as good as it's members, which in a large degree, are "made" by their leader/pastor/priest. The big problem that I see today is that too many want to church to "evolve" it's teachings, beliefs, traditions with popular opinion/fads/trends. Like our constitution they want to change it without amending it (only there is no way to amend the bible or God's word).

Old 10-26-2012, 10:04 PM

428 posts, read 331,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
That is awesome, most will not approach their pastor, and most pastors will never change their minds if it goes against their particular demoninations statement. thanks for sharing
You know it's funny that in a recent bible study class with our Pastor I used that past experience with him as an example. If you cannot have such a conversation with your pastor I think you need to get a new one. Me must all help each other in our walk on this earth. That's what Jesus gave us the Church for. So many reject this gift of God and miss out on so much in the process. I know at times some people will cause you pain but that's no reason to reject the Church that Jesus gave us.

Let me get off my soap box!

Old 10-27-2012, 05:34 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,938,032 times
The 'false doctrine' of Repentance before eating The Bread & The Wine.

The 'false doctrine' of church Tithing.

The 'false doctrine' of God appointing Pastors 1st in the Church
is why so many 'false doctrines' are imposed on us to begin with.

Last edited by RevelationWriter; 10-27-2012 at 05:49 AM..

Old 10-27-2012, 08:01 AM

Pastors instruct on how The Sheep are The Foundation 0f The HouseHold Of God.

Pastors build on the backs of The Sheep as The Foundation 0f The Household Of God.

Then blame God's Sheep for being a faulty Foundation Of The HouseHold Of God.

When God's appoints Apostles 1st, Prophets 2nd
and Teachers (pastors & evangelists) 3rd in The Church. - 1Cor.12:28

Look to The Scripture stories themselves.

How many Pastors & Evangelists instruced Apostles & Prophets? NONE.

Pastors and Evangelists took their instructions from Apostles & Prophets in The Bible.

Now Pastors teach there's no more Apostles & Prophets.

Now The Sheep are suppose to be The Foundation of Pastorial & Evangelical Ministry.

And we wonder why it's just not working anymore?

Sheep are tired of Pastors Sacrificing them as The Foundation 0f The HouseHold Of God.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:03 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,224,259 times
That Jesus turned water into grapejuice instead of wine...

Old 10-27-2012, 08:07 AM

That Wine was apart of The Passover Meal instructed to Moses.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
That Wine was apart of The Passover Meal instructed to Moses.
My bible say's they were at a Marriage and the wine was for that occasion and not the Passover meal.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
Pastors instruct on how The Sheep are The Foundation 0f The HouseHold Of God.

Pastors build on the backs of The Sheep as The Foundation 0f The Household Of God.

Then blame God's Sheep for being a faulty Foundation Of The HouseHold Of God.

When God's appoints Apostles 1st, Prophets 2nd
and Teachers (pastors & evangelists) 3rd in The Church. - 1Cor.12:28
I have never heard a Pastor teach any other Foundation than the Apostles and Prophets with Christ as the Chief Cornerstone. We the Sheep are being built upon that Foundation.

Quote:
Look to The Scripture stories themselves.
That is what this teaching is based on.

Quote:
How many Pastors & Evangelists instruced Apostles & Prophets? NONE.

Pastors and Evangelists took their instructions from Apostles & Prophets in The Bible.
And we have the instructions from the Apostles and Prophets today in God's word.

Quote:
Now Pastors teach there's no more Apostles & Prophets.
There can be no new Foundation once the Foundation is complete and the building is being built. You must be wanting to build a new church other than what Jesus is the Chief Cornerstone of.

Quote:
Now The Sheep are suppose to be The Foundation of Pastorial & Evangelical Ministry.

And we wonder why it's just not working anymore?

Sheep are tired of Pastors Sacrificing them as The Foundation 0f The HouseHold Of God.
Can you give some examples of what your talking about. I don't know of any Christian Ministry that is trying to use the sheep as the foundation. Who are you speaking of specifically if you know of any.

How can you start to build until the Foundation is complete? Have you never seen a house or building being built? You must FINISH the FOUNDATION before you can build any of the house. That's why the use of the building illustration and calling the Prophets and Apostles the foundation. They had to end or be completed so the church can be built upon them. If you still are building the foundation by having current Prophets and Apostles they you cannot build the church. The Apostles knew they were that foundation and that no more would be coming so they started building the church upon their foundation and we are to continue building upon that foundation today. To have any new Prophets and Apostles is to build a different building.

Last edited by Jimmy Joe Bob; 10-27-2012 at 10:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity