Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 05:05 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I don't know the full details behind this conversation, but I believe what that passage is saying is that all men who came through Adam, were made sinners. In the same fashion everyone who is born again in Jesus, all of them will be made righteous. In other words, we all descend from Adam. So all of us were affected by Adam's actions. In like manner, everyone in Jesus, will be saved. Not everyone will be in Jesus, or receive the new birth. Yet everyone who does receive Jesus' nature, will be made righteous.

That is not what it says. It is what your theology says so you don't have to believe what Romans 5:18,19 says.

Romans 5:12, 18, 19 is talking about two people and what those two people did and how those two acts affect all mankind. All mankind are neutral recipients of what the two men did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 05:09 PM

2,418 posts, read 1,449,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You may want to consider or investigate this:

Faith in Christ speaks to that of exclusion based on a limited period of time.
Whereas, the Faithfulness of Christ speaks to the inclusion of the whole; unlimited by time.

Going back to the verses in question, to clarify the "many" and the "all", it's like this. Say 100 people were born to Adam. 50 sons and 50 daughters. According to Romans 5 18-19, all 100 are condemned in Adam. That is 100% of Adam's seed. Now let's say 20 out of the 100, received Christ into their heart. All of the 20 are now made righteous by Jesus actions. Again 100% who came to Christ.

So the 80 who remaind in Adam, are condemned. While the 20 who are born again after Jesus' nature, are saved. 100% in Adam are condemned and 100% in Jesus are righteous.

With all that said, Jesus said not everyone will enter the narrow way that leads to life. Revelation speaks to people who are condemned forever. Daniel speaks of those who will wake to everlasting life and others to everlasting contempt. The same word everlasting is used for both.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
What a crock of stuff!
Read post #66, then get back to me.

It has nothing to do with your faith, it's the Faithfulness Of Christ.
And that which he is sent to accomplish, believe it or not?

Old 11-02-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Going back to the verses in question, to clarify the "many" and the "all", it's like this. Say 100 people were born to Adam. 50 sons and 50 daughters. According to Romans 5 18-19, all 100 are condemned in Adam. That is 100% of Adam's seed. Now let's say 20 out of the 100, received Christ into their heart. All of the 20 are now made righteous by Jesus actions. Again 100% who came to Christ.

So the 80 who remaind in Adam, are condemned. While the 20 who are born again after Jesus' nature, are saved. 100% in Adam are condemned and 100% in Jesus are righteous.

With all that said, Jesus said not everyone will enter the narrow way that leads to life. Revelation speaks to people who are condemned forever. Daniel speaks of those who will wake to everlasting life and others to everlasting contempt. The same word everlasting is used for both.
That is not what Romans 5:18,19 is saying.

It is saying all mankind are affected by what Adam did and the same all mankind are affected by what Christ did.

So how are we to take what Jesus said earlier that not everyone will enter the narrow gate that leads to life? He was talking only to the Jews. He said Himself He was not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Not all Israelites will be entering into the life of the eon to come.
Daniel did not say "will wake to everlasting life and others to everlasting contempt." He said "Dan 12:2 From those sleeping in the soil of the ground many shall awake, these to eonian life and these to reproach for eonian repulsion." The eonian life and eonian repulsion is pertaining to the eon/age.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:

Not again!
Where do you people come from?

Old 11-02-2012, 05:15 PM

428 posts, read 330,886 times
Quote:

That's right! But be careful the truth of God's word offends these few folks.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:19 PM

2,418 posts, read 1,449,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That is not what Romans 5:18,19 is saying.

It is saying all mankind are affected by what Adam did and the same all mankind are affected by what Christ did.
It says that Jesus righteous act is a free gift to all men. A gift must be received, it's not automatically tacted on to someone. Do you find it hard to believe that someone may actually want nothing to do with God?

Old 11-02-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
Well I have to be honest. Until the last few day's I was not aware of this Universal Cult that you guy's are trying to promote. I know there are just 2 or 3 of you but it seems you are trying to stop all real Christian conversation on here and promote your unscriptural cult. I don't think a Christian should be learning false religions so some of you I have had to put on my ignore list. I suppose your cult is not too active in central Alabama or I am sure I would have heard of you in my 50 plus years. But we learn of new cults all the time.

My prayer is that God can reach you with His Truth before it's too late for you. I will be praying for you.
Thank you, but it's not necessary.
However, if you would like to refute the post mentioned.
Instead of giving me or others your opinion, you are free to do so.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Not again!
Where do you people come from?
A world that believes in the god it feared as unbelievers.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
It says that Jesus righteous act is a free gift to all men. A gift must be received, it's not automatically tacted on to someone. Do you find it hard to believe that someone may actually want nothing to do with God?
No it doesn't say it is a free gift to all men.

Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

If you will kindly note, the light face type is not in the Greek. It is made up.

Here is a better version:

Rom 5:18 Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just award for all mankind for life's justifying."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity