Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 10:31 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,248,259 times

Advertisements

nothing else can save you.

NOTHING
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 10:33 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,961,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post

NOTHING
That, and a conceal/carry permit.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:33 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
As Jesus said in John 14: 6...``I am the way, the truth , and the life; no man comes to the Father but by me ``...... See many preachers have held up these Word of God , and many people heeded these Words and turned to Christ for their salvation , and truthfully so ...... Still the international interfaith religious groups , and the politically correct groups are alienated against those who hold up this statement for evangelism and left them behind in their meeting for unity , for the purpose of charity for the poor , and peace against corruption ..... Just that you don`t hold up this statement when dealing with these unity groups or be put out of the Work that they do....

Old 11-11-2012, 01:44 PM

Mark 12:1-12

Jesus then began to speak to them in parables: “A man planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a pit for the winepress and built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and moved to another place. 2 At harvest time he sent a servant to the tenants to collect from them some of the fruit of the vineyard. 3 But they seized him, beat him and sent him away empty-handed. 4 Then he sent another servant to them; they struck this man on the head and treated him shamefully. 5 He sent still another, and that one they killed. He sent many others; some of them they beat, others they killed.

6 “He had one left to send, a son, whom he loved. He sent him last of all, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’

7 “But the tenants said to one another, ‘This is the heir. Come, let’s kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.’ 8 So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.

9 “What then will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and kill those tenants and give the vineyard to others. 10 Haven’t you read this passage of Scripture:

“‘The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
11 the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes’[a]?”
12 Then the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the elders looked for a way to arrest him because they knew he had spoken the parable against them. But they were afraid of the crowd; so they left him and went away.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:54 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:

NOTHING
Well, since you're posting this on the Christianity forum, I'm not sure what you're expecting in the way of rebuttal. Isn't this the one thing that Christians agree on?

Old 11-11-2012, 03:02 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,531,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Isn't this the one thing that Christians agree on?
No, some believe he also sent Ellen White, Joseph Smith, and others ....

Old 11-11-2012, 03:03 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,820 times
I agree. And I also feel religion gets in the way big time.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, since you're posting this on the Christianity forum, I'm not sure what you're expecting in the way of rebuttal. Isn't this the one thing that Christians agree on?
You never know.....

Old 11-11-2012, 04:43 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
You never know.....
In my opinion "The Way" is a way of life, not a man with a beard. Take up your cross and follow me, to follow the Way we crucify our old nature. Jesus by his Life showed us the Way to the Father.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:57 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
No, some believe he also sent Ellen White, Joseph Smith, and others ....
The same could be said with respect to any religious leader. I'm sure there are certain evangelical Christians who believe that Billy Graham was sent by Jesus Christ to further His work here on earth, but that doesn't mean they see Billy Graham as their Savior and as the only means by which they can be forgiven of their sins and reconciled to God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity