Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 04:09 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,459 times

Advertisements

if this were the case, I would be speechless, I'd just surrender to his divine love.

you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 04:11 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,042 times
Well, like the song says, I can only imagine. There would not be words to describe how I would feel seeing my savior with my own eyes.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:13 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,005 times
"What took you so long", or "Boy am I glad to see you"! Joking but it would be the moment I knew all was well because he had returned.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:23 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,505,098 times
I would probably be at such a loss of words that I would pop out something like "Have you had supper yet?"

Old 10-29-2007, 05:42 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,179,423 times
I would probably say something stupid like, "You sure don't look like your pictures."

And how would you know it was Jesus? We may have already met him many times in our lives and just not recognized him.

In fact, I suspect we may have met him and just not have the sense to know it.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:54 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,814,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I would probably be at such a loss of words that I would pop out something like "Have you had supper yet?"
Yup I'm with Blue...I'd offer him a seat and something to eat or drink...then I'd apologize for the mess of toys and dogs in the house....probably would ask him what his plans are while he's in town...then at some point it would hit me that this is Jesus and I'd faint. I'm sure he would return to heaven and tell everyone about the very strange but welcoming woman he encountered during his visit.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:27 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,449 times
Uhhhhh.......I DUNNO!!!......
Jesus in the flesh..........I'd say thank-you very much for coming down here...Now mabye those that didn't believe in you will now!!! and I love you so much; thank-you for putting up with my shortcomings; and the times I didn't trust you

Old 10-29-2007, 06:48 PM

14,879 posts, read 17,151,542 times
Hi, I don't know, I don't think that I would be able to say anything, except... Lord... I'd probably fall at His feet if I could tear myself away from His eyes. God bless.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:59 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,007,817 times
I would probably spit and sputter and stumble all over myself and something stupid would then pop out.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:00 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,666,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Yup I'm with Blue...I'd offer him a seat and something to eat or drink...then I'd apologize for the mess of toys and dogs in the house....probably would ask him what his plans are while he's in town...then at some point it would hit me that this is Jesus and I'd faint. I'm sure he would return to heaven and tell everyone about the very strange but welcoming woman he encountered during his visit.
I'm with Irish and Blue, I would be so flustered that He was here, and I would offer him some sweet tea and something to eat. Then when I realized what I was doing, I would fall at His feet and ask for forgiveness for falling so short of the Cross. After my tears had dried, I would have so many questions that I would try to ask all of 'em at the same time and sound like a complete idiot in which I would have to apologize for and start over. I would want to know Everything. What it was like during His time, how the Earth looked, what they did for entertainment, yeah, I know, sounds stupid, but I would really love to know that stuff. Then I would want to know if my family was secure in Him. How my relatives who have gone before me are and what happens next! He would probably have to shut me up just to get a word in edgewise. When I am excited and nervous, I have a tendency to talk quite a bit. If ya think I write a lot, you should be around me. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity