Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 08:15 PM

128 posts, read 447,088 times

Advertisements

Two years ago, God showed me about the power of our faith and what he is capable of. Really, there is nothing God cannot do. The Universe belongs to God. Two years ago, God put a promise in my heart and it came to pass very soon there after. I was very grateful for the duration of the promise. However, 7 years ago God had put a much bigger promise in my heart that has not come to pass yet. After God put that promise in my heart, the complete opposite of what was promised happened. I experienced heartbreak, adversity, setbacks, disappointment, bad breaks, etc. This happened for 7 years straight, this being the 7th. All throughout the time I was left questioning God. "Why did you let this happen?" and "I thought you said xyz would happen at a certain time."
Apparently, God does things on his own time. I know God knows what he is doing and that he knows what the future looks like, but I was really upset with my circumstances. Things got even harder when I saw people around me who were enjoying similar promises to what God put in my heart. I kept on going by faith.

I know that having faith is very much about being positive and not focusing on the negative, but recently it all came down on me and I broke down with the realization that this is my 7th year of waiting for a promise that God put in my heart. I know it will happen, but I don't know if you can imagine going 7 years NOT having that desire. It says there in Isaiah 61:7 that "Because you got a double dose of trouble and more than your share of contempt, your inheritance in the land will be doubled and your joy go on forever." I read that recently, not 3 years ago, not 5 years ago, but this year, my 7th year of waiting on a promise God put in my heart. I KNOW that was God speaking directly to me, letting me know that it's always darkest before dawn.

I wanted to hear from you if you had any stories where your faith prevailed and a promise came to pass. Have you had any experiences where God's timing was perfect? When is my due season coming?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 05:15 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Are you sure it was a promise from God, or could just be your own desires?

Always be very careful of promises "felt" in the heart. They may, or may not, be from God simply if for no other reason than that it is so easy to deceive ourselves into believing what we want to believe.

Ask yourself this: Does that promise in any way contradict the written Word of God? Does it promise you something which is not promised to us there?

Old 03-23-2012, 06:52 AM

1 posts, read 7,578 times
Default It shall perform what is sent out by God.

When God promises us things he will surely bring it to pass. I remember when the lord showed me that i was going to get married that dream came to pass shortly after words, then he showed me a dream about something bigger, it haven't came to pass yet but i know it will. keep the faith and don't let go of what God has promised you, if it's God it will come to pass. Isaiah 55:11 says,so shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. If God has sent it to you and promised you, it will come to pass!!

Old 12-16-2012, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 7,097 times
It was faith. It is hard to master because lies are lurking around every corner. God knows the desires of your heart..He knows before you ask. It is said to walk by faith not by sight, which can be very difficult. God however teaches in the valley's you have to just believe and things do not happen on coincidence. Abuse faith because miracles do happen! It is hard to wait I believe God is putting a desire in my heart for my love to come back to me. Each time it is a good calming thing to pray for but doubts bring me down to reality. All I can do is pray and have faith God is busy at work during this time having me grow, I just have to believe. Be SENSITIVE to God's work and recognize every person he puts in front of you is there for some reason! God is good thank Him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity