Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 02:10 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,414,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith Plus Nothing View Post
God is not against us when we are in error and sinful.

Romans 5:8

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 02:25 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,219,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Every day.

Living in our own self-created hell.
We are NOT punished FOR our sins... we are punished by them, by the consequences of them.
Live and learn!
As the great preacher Alistair Begg would say....."that's a total dog's breakfast".

Yes...we will be punished for our sin. Yes--there is a day of judgment coming.

You can either face it yourself, or you can trust in Christ and let him stand in between you and a wrathful God.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:28 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,817,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
As the great preacher Alistair Begg would say....."that's a total dog's breakfast".

You can either face it yourself, or you can trust in Christ and let him stand in between you and a wrathful God.
Wow! I really like that last sentence. I'm glad Christ will stand in my stead!

Old 12-31-2012, 02:35 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,414,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Wow! I really like that last sentence. I'm glad Christ will stand in my stead!
The fact that you can say that God is not against anyone, yet still wholeheartedly agree with Vizio's statement that you need someone to stand between you and a "wrathful" god, and not see that those two things are diametrically opposed to each other is the kind of harmful double-thinking that some Christian doctrines cause, aisi.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:51 PM

53 posts, read 44,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The fact that you can say that God is not against anyone, yet still wholeheartedly agree with Vizio's statement that you need someone to stand between you and a "wrathful" god, and not see that those two things are diametrically opposed to each other is the kind of harmful double-thinking that some Christian doctrines cause, aisi.
Not at all! For the most part the law's of my state are for my good. They protect me. They make it crime to hurt me. They make it crime to take my stuff. But when I violate those law's the same state punishes me.

My father was the most "Far Me" man I ever knew. He took great care of me, provided everything I need and much I did not need. He taught me things I needed to know and instilled in me a work ethic that has been a great blessing to myself, my wife and children. However when I violated his rules he LOVED me enough to punish me for it.

How just is a god that would reward someone for sin and hurting his fellow man? That is what you purport and that is diametrically opposed to the nature of God. God is Love and God is Just. If we enter the presence of God with sin He cannot look upon us.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Read my earlier post again. See the underlined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Certainly, God is not against anyone. He loves us and has provided salvation through Jesus' redemptive work. However, God is in opposition to sin. God wants unbelievers to repent and come to knowledge of salvation in Christ. He wants believers to be free from the bondage to sin and to live a holy, Christ-like life.
I need Christ to stand in my stead because of my sin. He will do that for all believers.

2 Corinthians 5:21

“For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin: that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.”

Old 12-31-2012, 03:23 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,944,193 times
Quote:
How just is a god that would reward someone for sin and hurting his fellow man? That is what you purport and that is diametrically opposed to the nature of God.
You are going to have to give examples of when she expressed that.

Quote:
God is Love and God is Just.
God is LOVE. Period. God's justice stems from who God is: LOVE.
All that God does is rooted in love.
Would your earthly father set you on fire if you did something "wrong"?
Would your earthly father snuff your life out like a stale cigarette?
NO. Of course not. Then why do you view your earthly father as being a better father than God?

Quote:
If we enter the presence of God with sin He cannot look upon us.
The Father of all Creation is so weak/frail/fragile that He cannot "look upon" His own creation? Why would you think this? and "enter the presence of God" Where is it that God is NOT?

Just some things to ponder..
peace,
sparrow

Old 12-31-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

The Father of all Creation is so weak/frail/fragile that He cannot "look upon" His own creation? Why would you think this? and "enter the presence of God" Where is it that God is NOT?

peace,
sparrow
Sin is the barrier, sparrow.

Habakkuk 1:13

13 Your eyes are too pure to look on evil;
you cannot tolerate wrong.

Mark 15

33 At the sixth hour darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour. 34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?”—which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

Old 12-31-2012, 03:47 PM

53 posts, read 44,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
You are going to have to give examples of when she expressed that.
That's the locical conclusion of her claims about God.

Quote:
God is LOVE. Period. God's justice stems from who God is: LOVE.
All that God does is rooted in love.
Would your earthly father set you on fire if you did something "wrong"?
Would your earthly father snuff your life out like a stale cigarette?
NO. Of course not. Then why do you view your earthly father as being a better father than God?
My earthly father is not God. And God will do what His word say's He will do. I don't doubt God and His word. Why do you?

Quote:

peace,
sparrow
Once again I am simply appling what God's word tells us. You can choose to reject God and His word if you choose. I choose to believe God and take Him at His word.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:03 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,944,193 times
Quote:
That's the locical conclusion of her claims about God.
Then I believe you are misunderstanding her view completely.

Quote:
My earthly father is not God. And God will do what His word say's He will do. I don't doubt God and His word. Why do you?
1. You are saying that I doubt God. Why do you assume this from what I wrote to you in my post?

2. You are skating around my post. Would your earthly Father set you on fire...? Would your earthly fire snuff you out like a stale cigarette as if you never existed...? If you don't believe it would enter your own earthly father's mind to do such things, do you believe that God will do these things? If so, why? If not... what is it exactly that you believe will happen to "unbelievers"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity