Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 01:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You invent a story, and then claim you never heard it before....?
Well i have never heard of a good and bad side of hades where both sides are separated by a fence before. Hearing it from you is a first.

Sounds like the good side have neighbors from hell. You would have thought that God would have planned that one a little better. You could never get a good nights kip while all that commotion is going on next door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 01:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well i have never heard of a good and bad side of hades where both sides are separated by a fence
No one heard about the fence until you invented it.

Are you having fun disrupting threads with your nonsense?

Old 08-17-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
No one heard about the fence until you invented it.
Do you know what a fence does ?. Don't take everything literal, i was using the word fence to add a little flavor to a simple story.

It is the invention of a good side and bad side of hades you have me scratching my head, and not only that you have both sides having a conversation in hades.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:13 PM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:

There is no conflict.
Agree, Finn. God bless.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Do you know what a fence does ?. Don't take everything literal, i was using the word fence to add a little flavor to a simple story.

It is the invention of a good side and bad side of hades you have me scratching my head, and not only that you have both sides having a conversation in hades.
You didn't hear it from me, you read it in Luke 16, which means you lied when you said you never heard it before. You think you are mocking me, but in reality you are mocking the Bible.

Clean up your act, and quit disrupting threads.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:30 PM

I would also like to hear from Finn Jarber why Jesus used a rich man and a poor man in the parable, why not a sinner and saint or righteous and unrighteous man. There is a very good reason Jesus used those 2 characters in the parable which have been clearly explained to you. So why did Jesus use these 2 characters?.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
You didn't hear it from me, you read it in Luke 16, which means you lied when you said you never heard it before. You think you are mocking me, but in reality you are mocking the Bible.

Clean up your act, and quit disrupting threads.
So you believe that there used to be conversations in hades, did you know that the whole of the OT teaches that when the likes of David passed, they SLEPT with the Fathers ? No one is mocking, you are mocking scripture by rewriting it. Jesus was speaking a parable that turned what they believed back on to them. In other-words... You jews if that is what you believe, by your own words you are condemning yourself.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
So you believe that there used to be conversations in hades.
Again, you didn't hear it from me, you read it in Luke 16, which means you lied when you said you never heard it before.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Again, you didn't hear it from me, you read it in Luke 16, which means you lied when you said you never heard it before.
Yes i did hear you say there are 2 sides of hades a good and bad side where a literal conversation took place. Jesus is not saying this, he would have to deny the OT scriptures if he was. The Fathers at least to that point according to the OT scriptures were a sleep. Have you also not read that Saul had Samuel awakened from his sleep ?. You are fixed on this idea and are not teachable or open enough to put aside your handed down beliefs and see otherwise. It is absolutely clear you have no idea what this parable is about.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Yes i did hear you say there are 2 sides of hades a good and bad side where a literal conversation took place. Jesus is not saying this, he would have to deny the OT scriptures if he was.
Are you saying you never read Luke 16? If that is the case then how could you possibly know what it says, or does not say? Luke 16 is a story of rich man and lazarus and they are indeed having a conversation. People can have differing opinions about the meaning of the story, but please don't say you never heard it before, because everyone knows you are not being honest.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-17-2014 at 01:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity