Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2018, 03:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

The Hotel i stayed at recently was the height of luxury.It had - not just a Bible, but also a Jehovah's Witness in the bedside cabinet!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 03:41 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The God presented by the JW's is an oppressive tyrant created in the imaginations of primitive savages who feared everything. Jesus came to correct their understanding and lift the veil of ignorance (blind minds) to reveal, describe in detail, and demonstrate unambiguously the TRUE NATURE of God, period. It is an absolutely absurd idea that God would never want His children to enjoy themselves or celebrate life in any way as long as they do so out of agape love for God and everyone involved. The prison of fear and condemnation that JW's promote is anti-Christ and anti-God (Who IS love).
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMadJW View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------------
What church taught you THAT baloney?
AND, are you saying the Hebrew Scriptures weren't inspired of God- just Jewish Fairy Tale?
Jesus, Himself, taught me first when I met Him in deep meditation. I confirmed His identity by finding His descriptions of the Holy Spirit in the Sermon on the Mount, 1 Cor 13, and Galatians 5 and the prophecies about Him in Isaiah. He abides with us always as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." Why do you follow the false "precepts and doctrines of men" promulgated by the JW's and ignore what is in your heart?

Old 05-20-2018, 03:44 PM

38 posts, read 14,933 times
Quote:
Jesus, Himself, taught me first when I met Him in deep meditation. I confirmed His identity by finding His descriptions of the Holy Spirit in the Sermon on the Mount, 1 Cor 13, and Galatians 5 and the prophecies about Him in Isaiah. He abides with us always as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." Why do you follow the false "precepts and doctrines of men" promulgated by the JW's and ignore what is in your heart?
Really?
What was your 'Holy Ghost' doing in Job's NOSE?

Job 27:3- All the while my breath is in me, and the Spirit of God is
in my nostrils...

Was the imaginary Almighty Ghost-God in Job's NOSTRILS????
Or was it the pure (holy) power (spirit) of God keeping him alive &
breathing that Job was referring to?

Old 05-20-2018, 04:29 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Those poor people LITERALLY KNOW NOTHING of the bible.
What I found at www.jw.org is LITERAL knowledge of the Bible, plus what I found at www.jwbroadcasting also is.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Really?
What was your 'Holy Ghost' doing in Job's NOSE?

Job 27:3- All the while my breath is in me, and the Spirit of God is
in my nostrils...

Was the imaginary Almighty Ghost-God in Job's NOSTRILS????
Or was it the pure (holy) power (spirit) of God keeping him alive &
breathing that Job was referring to?
Instead of walking around with your nose up in the air.

Take some time and realize, you shouldn't be posting in red.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Jesus, Himself, taught me first when I met Him in deep meditation. I confirmed His identity by finding His descriptions of the Holy Spirit in the Sermon on the Mount,....... and ignore what is in your heart?
Since Jeremiah 17:9 lets us know that one's heart is treacherous, then that is a reason to ignore one's heart.
It as if one's imperfect heart is a traitor within. The imperfect heart prompting a person to do something and after he does it the imperfect heart gives all the reasons why he should Not have done what he did in the first place.
I find this about the heart to be in harmony with Jesus' words as recorded at Matthew 15:19 and at Mark 7:20.

I find at John 7:14-18 where Jesus is talking to the Jews that he tells them his teaching doctrine is Not his.
That is also in harmony with John 5:19 and John 12:50 B.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What I found at www.jw.org is LITERAL knowledge of the Bible, plus what I found at www.jwbroadcasting also is.
If you approached me while I was on vacation.
All can say is, "I hope you can walk on water."

Old 05-20-2018, 04:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The Hotel i stayed at recently was the height of luxury.It had - not just a Bible, but also a Jehovah's Witness in the bedside cabinet!"

LOL.

Too soon.

Old 05-20-2018, 05:07 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
What church taught you THAT baloney?
AND, are you saying the Hebrew Scriptures weren't inspired of God- just Jewish Fairy Tale?
They are inspired but the inspirations have been misused by prophets, priests and scribes

Jeremiah 5:31

The prophets prophesy falsely, And the priests rule on their own authority; And My people love it so! But what will you do at the end of it?

Ezekiel 22:26

"Her priests have done violence to My law and have profaned My holy things; they have made no distinction between the holy and the profane, and they have not taught the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they hide their eyes from My sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

Old 05-20-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you approached me while I was on vacation.
All can say is, "I hope you can walk on water."
Yes, yes, yes I can walk on water.
However, first it has to be frozen solid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity