Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 03:42 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vplegend View Post
In the bible it says all people have at least one spiritual gift. Do u know yours? Have u tapped in to the gift/s God has granted u? I want to hear stories about taking the test, developing your gifts, miracles u have witnessed or have done yourselves (with God's help of course) or anything else you'd like to share about spiritual gifts!! How have u used your gift to help others?
God does not give us all "spiritual gifts". He has given every single person on this Earth gifts of varying degree from spirituality to talents such as singing, dancing, writing, acting, and etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 04:08 PM

130 posts, read 226,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
God does not give us all "spiritual gifts". He has given every single person on this Earth gifts of varying degree from spirituality to talents such as singing, dancing, writing, acting, and etc.
Can u please show me where in the bible it says that singing, dancing, writing and acting are spiritual gifts?

For I say through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. -Romans 12:3

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one, for the profit of all. -1 Cor 12:7

Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophesy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith -Romans 12:6

-Romans 12:6-13 speaks of exhortation, giving, leadership, mercy, prophecy, service, teaching and hospitality

-1 Cor 12:8-10; 28 speaks of administration, apostles, discernment, faith, healing, helps, knowledge, miracles, prophecy, teaching, speaking in tongues, tongues interpretation and wisdom

-Eph 4:11 speaks of apostles, evangelism, pastors, prophecy and teaching

Also mentioned in other parts of the bible are: celibacy, martyrdom, missionaries and voluntary poverty

So in conclusion everyone has been given a spiritual gift, by the Holy Spirit. U should take the test and find out what yours are!!

Old 05-23-2013, 04:16 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
I remember praying the blood of Jesus in the Church , and Jesus brought about twenty of more spiritual wickedness in the high places and seen them in the church and then Jesus Spirit caste them down to the pit ,......... Like Jesus Spirit multiplied my prayers , as the authority of these beast were there and Jesus took them out with ease....... See every time Jesus Spirit will bring these demons and fallen angel right up to my face , as most of the time it is very hard to see them , but I can sense that Jesus Spirit is ripping them out , and down .... But I don`t think Jesus will take them all out until the Second Coming of Jesus ........

Old 05-23-2013, 04:24 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Quote:
Can u please show me where in the bible it says that singing, dancing, writing and acting are spiritual gifts?
Jesus Spirit told once here to pray that the singing of the performance would be in unity , As Jesus can bless His Children when they are singing , as their performance would be victory in Christ...

Old 05-23-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus Spirit told once here to pray that the singing of the performance would be in unity , As Jesus can bless His Children when they are singing , as their performance would be victory in Christ...
Yes Jesus can and will answer your prayers, and I don't doubt he would want worship to sound great. But I'm talking about the spiritual gifts the Holy Spirit gives to each of us.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:26 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
In the bible it says all people have at least one spiritual gift.
Got a verse for that?

Old 05-23-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Got a verse for that?
Yes, I'll post them again.

For I say through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. -Romans 12:3

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one, for the profit of all. -1 Cor 12:7

Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophesy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith -Romans 12:6

Old 05-23-2013, 05:47 PM

99 posts, read 107,697 times
Sorry its evident we all need to read an reread and study without any preconcieved ideals first corinthians12 through 14.the holy spirit field is the most misunderstood truths,in the bible. Paul spends 3chapters teaching us about spiritual matters. There is only one gift of holy spirit,with two parts. One ,the 9 manifestation of the spirit,and the gift ministries,all set in those chapters. You get fruit of the spirit by operating correctly, the nine manifestations. Exortation,giving,leadership,service,administation ,,decernment,knowledge,celibacy,and missionary are not gifts or fruit or manifestations. They are abilities,long suits that some develope to help others and are needed in life.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling53 View Post
Sorry its evident we all need to read an reread and study without any preconcieved ideals first corinthians12 through 14.the holy spirit field is the most misunderstood truths,in the bible. Paul spends 3chapters teaching us about spiritual matters. There is only one gift of holy spirit,with two parts. One ,the 9 manifestation of the spirit,and the gift ministries,all set in those chapters. You get fruit of the spirit by operating correctly, the nine manifestations. Exortation,giving,leadership,service,administation ,,decernment,knowledge,celibacy,and missionary are not gifts or fruit or manifestations. They are abilities,long suits that some develope to help others and are needed in life.
Have u taken a spiritual gifts test?

Old 05-23-2013, 06:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Have u taken a spiritual gifts test?
Perhaps you could explain to us what a "spiritual gifts test" is?

I have spiritual gifts, but I don't believe I've ever taken a test to determine them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity