Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:40 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
But I thought He was the Father?..
Nope. 2Pillars never said that. 2Pillars said that Jehovah of the Old Testament was the same individual as Jesus Christ of the New Testament. You (and pretty much everybody else who has posted) have probably always referred to God the Father as "Jehovah" and to His Only Begotten Son as "Jesus." 2Pillars is saying that "Jehovah" was what the Son was called prior to His birth here on Earth as "Jesus." He didn't refer to the Father by name.

There are dozens of scriptural citations in the Old and New Testament that support 2Pillars belief in this regard. (Note: I don't agree with everything else 2Pillars has said, incidentally, but I do agree with this particular premise.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 09:18 AM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
As the Scriptures show, the name Yahweh (Jehovah) is used both of the Father and of the Son.

1.) Of God the Father;
Psalm 2:7 "I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD (Yahweh [Jehovah]): He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.
The writer of Hebrews applies Psalm 2:7 to God the Father speaking of Jesus.
Hebrews 5:5 So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He (God the Father) who said to Him, "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU";

2.) Of God the Son; Jesus, the Son of God;
Zechariah 14:3 Then the LORD (Yahweh; [Jehovah]) will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle. 4] In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.
Compare Zechariah 14:3-4 with Revelation 19:11-21.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:38 PM

55 posts, read 49,006 times
John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self (his Father's own self being) with the glory which I hadwith thee before the world was.

Glory is Brightness, a Physical trait.Jesus is speaking of His Physical Brightness which He shared with the Father, Before the world was. Before the world was can only be the 1st Day, since the first World was made on the 2nd Day. Gen 1:6-8.

This was the physical manifestation (Brightness of the Glory of the Lord) which shows that Jesus came forth into this physical world from the invisible realm of the Father - when God said,..... Let there be Light Gen.1:3.

If one believes that In the beginning God created our Heaven BEFORE the 1st Day, then the Words of Jesus would seem to be in error.

However, if one believes that the 1st Firmament or Heaven was formed on the 2nd Day, then it would agree with Jesus, and would show that Jesus came into the World Before the 1st Heaven was formed.

Note: Insertion is mine for presentation.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:02 PM

Hebrews 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

V5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me aSon?

V6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And letall the angels of God worship him.

Why do you suppose the words “***AND AGAIN*** (Heb. 1:5 & 6) are repeatedly described (2x) in the above cited texts…. When the Almighty GodFather sent forth again his only begotten Son into this world?

Is it because ,the Son was brought forth into this world in the beginning.... even before the his birth from Mary’ womb in the New Testament? …. Let us continue reading…. shall we?....

Hebrews 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

V9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, [even] thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Clearly, the Scripture documents us that the Son was begotten into this world before our world was.... even before the New Testament...... Jehovah is Jesus Christ himself, the Son of the invisible God...the God of the whole earth shall he be called.... thou Lord in the beginning.

Last edited by 2Pillars; 05-25-2013 at 08:19 PM..

Old 05-26-2013, 03:12 AM

No man has seen the Almighty God Father... the Invisible Spirit of Love..... at any time..... but Shadrack, Meshesh, and Abednigo, who were with the LORD God (YHWH) in the fiery furnace, will tell you they saw, the Son of God, for He is the Only Begotten Son and the Express Image of the Invisible God, physically.

In fact, even king Nebuchadnezzar, himself, who ordered the execution of the three men…. . thought that the forth man he saw was like the Son of God…. Look and read.....

Daniel 3:23 - And these three men, Shadrach Meshach, and Abednego, felldown bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

v24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, [and] spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.

v25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Of course, the begging question now becomes…. how king Nebuchadnezzar could have known the existence of the physical form or the likeness of the Son of God during the Old Testament…. while majority of our Christian brethren are still ignorant of it.... “even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart”.

Last edited by 2Pillars; 05-26-2013 at 03:25 AM..

Old 05-26-2013, 06:28 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being.

If you want to know who Jehovah really is look no further than the son. For he made Him known to us. Jesus Christ went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him( not 1/3 of the trinity). Now compare this scripture of what God was doing with Jesus Christ, to what He was credited with in the OT, you cannot help but see something is amiss. If Jehovah spoken of in the OT is Jesus Christ, someone explain how He went from doing death and destruction to going around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil. Sounds like Jehovah God repented and became
Jesus Christ, or what was credited to Jehovah was not true, and Jesus Christ made known to us who God really is.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:52 PM

Rev. 3:12 HIM THAT OVERCOMETH will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: AND I WILL WRITE UPON HIM THE NAME OF MY GOD, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Really, IF Jehovah is the name of the Almighty God Father,... as others would like us to believe..... then Jesus must be pulling our legs..... knowing.... the name of the invisible God Father is already documented in the OT..... and ther e's nothing more to overcometh in the end ..... would this be the case? Of course not....

NO man knows the name of his God Father at this time..... until one overcometh the end.... Read....

Rev. 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; AND HE HAD A NAME WRITTEN, THAT NO MAN KNEW, BUT HIMSELF. v13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Ephesians 3:14-15 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, v15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,....

Last edited by 2Pillars; 05-26-2013 at 06:13 PM..

Old 05-29-2013, 12:56 AM

Here's where you reconcile the Story of the Beginning... The bringing forth of the Son of God into this physical world from the invisible realm of his Father..... in chronological order of the events as testified and narrated by the three (3) different Scriptures (my witnesses).

Note: Insertions are mine for clarity of thought and presentation.

In the beginning was the WORD, and the Word was with God (Father), and the Word (Son) was God. John 1:1

The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.Proverbs 8:22

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

The same was in the beginning with God. John 1:2

I (the Son) was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. Proverbs 8:23

And God said, LET THERE BE LIGHT: and there was light. Genesis 1:3

All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. John 1:3

When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Proverbs 8:24

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. Genesis 1:4

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:4

Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:Proverbs 8:25

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:5

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity