Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 09:48 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Why are you avoiding facing the fact that Amillennialism has to ignore the points I have previously made Twin.spin? There are things which will be true of the Millennial kingdom that simply cannot be said to be true today. Why are you unwilling to face this?
Mike,
I honestly do not understand why you think that I'm ignoring anything.
DRob4JC said it best when stated "I don't need to go tit for tat, pitting verses against each other, trying to prove things".

The simple fact of why you seem to be baffled about my unwillingness is because of simple clear verses just do not support the false theory of Millennialism.

As the Jews who were looking for such a Jesus to re-establish a earthly kingdom were disapponted, and as the disciples were incorrect in anticipating an earthly kingdom rule at Jesus' ascension ... so will those who are looking for a literal earthly millennial rule as it's being presented in Millennialism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
And it seems that you are now saying that those who believe in a literal reign of Jesus on this Earth are going to go to hell. Your statement in post #56...''I'm sorry to say that there will be many Millenarians that will be sent to their destruction for falsely believing in a Jesus that will save them from all the wrong reasons.''

Twin.spin, are you saying that I am going to hell because I believe in a literal Millennial kingdom?
Yes, there will be many Millenarians that will be going to hell, for they will have believed in a false Jesus.
Have you ever taken the time to read from the extensive list (that I listed many times before) of who all the Millenarians included ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 08:33 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Mike,
As the Jews who were looking for such a Jesus to re-establish a earthly kingdom were disapponted, and as the disciples were incorrect in anticipating an earthly kingdom rule at Jesus' ascension ... so will those who are looking for a literal earthly millennial rule as it's being presented in Millennialism.
Yes, there will be many Millenarians that will be going to hell, for they will have believed in a false Jesus.
Have you ever taken the time to read from the extensive list (that I listed many times before) of who all the Millenarians included ?
Although not Mike, if I may take the liberty to say the disciples were disappointed that the kingdom was not going to be set up at that time frame. That is why Jesus gave them the illustration of the nobleman who would go away to journey to a far country [ heaven ] before he would later return in kingdom glory at Luke 19 vs 11-15.

The Revelation that was given to John was through Jesus [ Rev 1 v 1 ] and Jesus believed there would be those who would have a first or earlier resurrection to heaven [ Rev. 20 v 6 ] to reign with him for a thousand years [ Rev. 5 vs 9,10 ].
Since Jesus believed in Milennialism [ thousand year reign over earth ] is that why Jesus went to HELL the day he died ? -______

Where are Jesus' subjects located at Psalm 72 vs 8,12-14 ?_______
Where are the conditions described at Isaiah chapter 35 located ?______
Also, where are the conditions located described at Isaiah 11 vs 6 - 9 ?_______
Who is never to be removed according to Proverbs 10 v 30; 2 vs 21,22 ?________
Didn't Jesus promise the humble meek would inherit the earth ?_______Psalm 37 vs 11, 29, 38 - 40
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity