Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 03:12 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Who is asking the Lord to look away?

He CREATED gay people.
He created a lot of people that have problems with many other kinds of sin--but they are not excused for the behavior that sin causes.
Quote:
Oh, and please let us know when war and violence has you shaking your finger at everyone. Let us know when you deplore Christians buying guns so they can shoot the guy who broke in to steal their big screen.

It's always the gays that brings out the Bible quotes.
How are those related to the price of tea in china? Why must you change the subject?

Old 08-28-2013, 03:12 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The Word of God is what inspired the Bible(s). Homosexuality is mentioned in both.
So what is the Hebrew and Greek words used in the bible that mean homosexual?

Old 08-28-2013, 03:14 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Sorry you went through such a rough time JJ. I know exactly how you feel, went through the same thing. And while I haven't completely stopped being religious, I was born and raised Jewish and somewhat converted making me a bit unique compared to your typical religious person.

But I agree, the ignorant gay haters as demonstrated on this thread make me not only want nothing to do with Christianity, it makes me despise large chunks of the human species.
I'm a Homosexuality hater that loves Gay people. So if you lumping me in that category then that is a strawman argument. Let's look at what I'm saying to the Gay person:

Me to Gay person: "You can change". "Homosexuality is a sin". "Christ does love you and desires to help you."

And I'm getting blasted for saying that.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Who is asking the Lord to look away?

He CREATED gay people.

Oh, and please let us know when war and violence has you shaking your finger at everyone. Let us know when you deplore Christians buying guns so they can shoot the guy who broke in to steal their big screen.

It's always the gays that brings out the Bible quotes and the preaching.
DewDropInn, your gay also, just like me. I already shake my finger at war and violence. So I'm letting you now since you didn't already know.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:17 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
The Word of God is what inspired the Bible(s). Homosexuality is mentioned in both.
No, homosexuality is never mentioned in Hebrew or Greek.

וְאֶת-זָכָר--לֹא תִשְׁכַּב, מִשְׁכְּבֵי אִשָּׁה: תּוֹעֵבָה, הִוא

I don't see homosexuality mentioned there, do you?

And let me guess, you ignore the context of this verse?

כא וּמִזַּרְעֲךָ לֹא-תִתֵּן, לְהַעֲבִיר לַמֹּלֶךְ; וְלֹא תְחַלֵּל אֶת-שֵׁם
אֱלֹהֶיךָ, אֲנִי יְהוָה

Old 08-28-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So I should be celibate for my entire life? Or should I enter another sham marriage and lie to a man?
Ironically, Paul specifically says both options are a no no.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So what is the Hebrew and Greek words used in the bible that mean homosexual?
The problem is not with homosexual's its about homosexuality. There is no word (that I'm aware of that expressly says homosexuality NOR heterosexuality) But we have the dialogue of those words that shows the acts defined in Homosexuality as being a sin.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I'm a Homosexuality hater that loves Gay people. So if you lumping me in that category then that is a strawman argument. Let's look at what I'm saying to the Gay person:

Me to Gay person: "You can change". "Homosexuality is a sin". "Christ does love you and desires to help you."

And I'm getting blasted for saying that.
I know exactly what you're saying. Hateful nonsense, that is not only based on pure ignorance, but does the very opposite of your stated goal. Your attitude is turning people away from God.

Stop it.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, homosexuality is never mentioned in Hebrew or Greek.

וְאֶת-זָכָר--לֹא תִשְׁכַּב, מִשְׁכְּבֵי אִשָּׁה: תּוֹעֵבָה, הִוא

I don't see homosexuality mentioned there, do you?

And let me guess, you ignore the context of this verse?

כא וּמִזַּרְעֲךָ לֹא-תִתֵּן, לְהַעֲבִיר לַמֹּלֶךְ; וְלֹא תְחַלֵּל אֶת-שֵׁם
אֱלֹהֶיךָ, אֲנִי יְהוָה
I don't speak Hebrew. But I have known many that do and they know not what the Spirit teaches.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
The problem is not with homosexual's its about homosexuality. There is no word (that I'm aware of that expressly says homosexuality NOR heterosexuality) But we have the dialogue of those words that shows the acts defined in Homosexuality as being a sin.
Those verses make absolutely no sense if they refer to homosexuality, not to mention historical evidence shows us that they weren't referring to any concept of modern day homosexuality, much less applicable to the entire population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity