Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 03:44 AM

113 posts, read 151,096 times

Advertisements

In Judges 13 we meet the story of Samson’s birth when an angel came to announce the call of Samson upon Manoah’s wife. The Angel told her she was to conceive and bear a child and no razor would touch his head. She in turn told the Manoah about the visitation.

Manoah was absent when the angelic visitation happened to his wife but regardless He chose to entreat (beseech, request for earnestly) God in his own place that the angel visits them again so that they can learn how to rear the child Samson in the manner that he should be brought up. The question is, how many of us are entreating (earnestly searching) the Lord to teach us worship, Let alone lead us into worship the manner that he desires us to worship.

Beyond Sunday are we chasing after God, beyond the four walls of church or mid-week services as worshippers do we have a relationship with the Lord. Worship is a lifestyle and daily experience and I know we are in a world full of things going on, but we need to grow beyond all these and earnestly seek after God, entreat him into our lives daily.

A worshipper is a giver and as a worshipper if you are struggling with the aspect of giving then you have a huge challenge because WORSHIP IS GIVING, you don't give what you don’t have. If you haven’t learnt how to give then start working on it. Abraham’s worship was giving, David’s worship was giving, and Moses worship was giving. Name anyone in the bible who was a worshipper and wasn't a giver

Even David said to Arunah in 2 Samuel 24:24 “Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing”. Manoah knew that he had to give to God and that was his response when the men of God showed up at his doorstep.

Back to the story, the Man of God appeared to Manoah and his wife and explained how they were to bring up Samson to be the man that God had set him up to do. The Angel told him to offer the kid on a rock, think about it an angel of the Lord had time to wait for Manoah to kill, skin a goat and prepare his offering.

Are we diligent enough to sit and learn, are we diligent enough to listen and are we diligent enough prepare our lives? How long does it take to skin a goat but the angel was waiting so that he can offer it up?

Remember that worship is not an act but it’s a lifestyle. Are you diligently learning and preparing your life so that you can be used of God, everyone wants to be used by God but few aren’t willing to wait for God’s time. If the angel could wait for Manoah to prepare a kid, can't we wait for God to do something unique with and in our lives before we rush to minister to the congregation?

Lessons From Manoah
1. As worshippers we should be entreating the lord to take us deeper so that we may take the church deeper. As the world gets uglier by day, the answer is Christ and we find those answers in His Presence

2. If an angel can wait it means sacrifice should be our language as worshippers and that our Samson is the church we have been mandated to usher them into his presence always.

3. We should desire to learn more and more that we don’t grow complacent and stay at the same level. Manoah could have raised Samson at the word of his wife but his desired to know more off God allowed him to open a whole new world to his life.

"What’s going to make our corporate worship extraordinary is when its individuals and leaders live an extraordinary life of worship". We need to learn to listen to that man, even though he is an angel and we don’t know it.

“Worship In The Beauty Of His Holiness”

With your life what is the one thing that you constantly asking and seeking God for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 04:55 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Here`s a scripture where people were givers in Worship but their heart was faithless and God put them off...... from Amos 5: 21-27.....``I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies ..Though you offer Me Offering I will not accept them ..Take you away from Me the noise of your songs , for I will not hear the melody of you viols .... but let judgment run down as waters , and righteousness as a mighty stream ``................... See these people of God ignored God and probably went on to follow other gods , but still keep the rituals of the tradition but the faith was absent ..... Still there are some dry churches which are in lax of Holy Spirit , were their worship songs go and bounce off the bronze gate to heaven who is not listening , as some people can prefer to invent the own sacrifice of man which substitute Jesus and His sacrifices

Old 06-14-2013, 07:53 AM

113 posts, read 151,096 times
Its easy to substitute God and look for something else... my greatest fear is that we live, walk and are Christians and we walk on empty.... nomatter what we do we have no desire for him to fill us up....

Old 06-14-2013, 08:04 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Well put. One of the fruits of the Spirit is joy, and there is no better way to express it than worship......and talk about return on investment!

Old 06-14-2013, 08:23 AM

796 posts, read 859,156 times
We are to "wait upon the LORD". We need not chase Him for He is not running from us.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:38 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkofWorship View Post
Its easy to substitute God and look for something else... my greatest fear is that we live, walk and are Christians and we walk on empty.... nomatter what we do we have no desire for him to fill us up....
So, what is "waiting on the Lord" in this context? I think some might see it as sitting on our duffs until we get impelled to action. Does "earnestly desire" fit in with "waiting?"

Old 06-14-2013, 02:30 PM

794 posts, read 847,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So, what is "waiting on the Lord" in this context? I think some might see it as sitting on our duffs until we get impelled to action. Does "earnestly desire" fit in with "waiting?"
Right believing produces right living. Wen you believe that God has made you righteous that produces right living. God created everything in the beginning and placed man in a finished work so God could get all the glory for creation. Now God has placed us all in the righteousness of His Son, His finished work, so that Jesus gets all the glory.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:45 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
Right believing produces right living. Wen you believe that God has made you righteous that produces right living. God created everything in the beginning and placed man in a finished work so God could get all the glory for creation. Now God has placed us all in the righteousness of His Son, His finished work, so that Jesus gets all the glory.
Nice to read this ^^^^. --and nice screenname!

blessings,
brian

Old 06-17-2013, 08:55 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
What I am taught is that worship is obedience on a personal level.
Jesus said," God is Spirit and they that worship Him Must worship Him in Spirit and in truth ."
One cannot truely worship God, living their life in offence.
But the opposit of that is living in complete compliance "Obedience"
Singing is nice, but it is not obedience, it is just man orchestrated noise.
Giving is nice, but out side obedience, it is maipulation or an attempt there of.
Everything in my charge, belongs to God.
Not just 10% , but what ever he asks for, and where and how He want's it put.
When you decide how much of you belongs to God, you will learn how much you are limiting Gods involvment in your life.
Jesus laid out His standards, keep them and seek His instruction for every day life ,and in that you will be worshiping Him.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:19 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
What I am taught is that worship is obedience on a personal level.
Jesus said," God is Spirit and they that worship Him Must worship Him in Spirit and in truth ."
One cannot truely worship God, living their life in offence.
But the opposit of that is living in complete compliance "Obedience"
Singing is nice, but it is not obedience, it is just man orchestrated noise.
Giving is nice, but out side obedience, it is maipulation or an attempt there of.
Everything in my charge, belongs to God.
Not just 10% , but what ever he asks for, and where and how He want's it put.
When you decide how much of you belongs to God, you will learn how much you are limiting Gods involvment in your life.
Jesus laid out His standards, keep them and seek His instruction for every day life ,and in that you will be worshiping Him.
This is a great post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity