Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 11:07 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
Thank you, these thoughts actually came to me after being angry with our God. I called Him arrogant. Then I asked Him--Who Made Who to the tune of ACDC.

Yeshua Bless You

to which you start hearing the song.....highway to hell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 11:34 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why? Who says so?The word translated as "perfect" in scripture actually means "mature" . . . not perfection.
God is perfection. There is no other way.

If God = God

then God = perfection

Old 09-27-2013, 11:44 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
Even Jesus was tempted by adversity.
Sure, but God had assume the form of Jesus, a human.

Quote:
God can SEEM very cruel. He uses adversity to bring out the worst in you--your greatest weaknesses and then turns them into great strengths.
I agree, that adversity can make a person stronger. However, the adversity is simply related to the free will of humans. Another person may decide to harm you because this person has free will. It is unthinkable that God would cause harm on purpose.

Quote:
The method is harsh. We do not have free will--we either walk the path of Christ or we die. We only have the choice to live or die.
Do you see the contradiction in your words?

Quote:
We do need adversity for growth
Agreed

Quote:
I think we have too much adversity. Aren't we enough adversity for each other? We have disease, accidents, predators, earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, tornadoes, sand storms, mud slides ,pests and pestilence, tsunami's, cyclones, lightening, poisonous reptiles, bugs and spiders. I just thought He was giving a little too much adversity.
Yeshua Bless You
All that adversity is part of a creation that is perfect. In this creation we have complete autonomy. A creation where we are at risk to fail or even die. That is exactly why the creation is perfect. If we have zero chance to fail or zero chance to be harmed then this would not be a creation. We would be no more than programmed drones.

And the weather is capricious because the weather is governed by random phenomena. God would never create a storm to cause harm. The storm just happens because we live in a world with free will and risks.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:10 AM

473 posts, read 822,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
to which you start hearing the song.....highway to hell
I laughed at this. You are right, He doesn't like any music or groups that either sing destructive songs or are themselves destructive with the gifts that were given to them. BUT, He loves all music and all songs whether they are rock n roll or not--IF they are constructive and thanks for the gift are given. Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. You are also right that He didn't appreciate my attitude, but he can take pretty hard hits and come back with the proper answers that are needed. He is always love with wisdom and intelligence.

Yeshua Bless You

Old 09-28-2013, 07:18 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
if there's one thing in my life thats missing, it's the time that i spend alone, sailing on that cool and bright clear waters,
there's lots of those friendly people showing me ways to go, but i never want to lose their inspirations,,,,,,
time for a cool change,,,,time i know that its time for a cool, cool change
(little river band)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity