Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 11:20 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This thread has proven what was true about this forum in 2007, is not true any more.
Things change. People evolve.

Well, some do.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:41 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Well now! That is probably true!

We should probably wonder what is different about them...

I certainly believe that!
What you do not understand about fundi's could fill 66 books.
Over zealous, it normally wears of though.

I was that Zealous fundy that devoured everything that was so called biblical, so i was those 66 books, killing everyone that i spoke to from them.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:42 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Over zealous, it normally wears of though.

I was that Zealous fundy that devoured everything that was so called biblical, so i was those 66 books, killing everyone that i spoke to from them.
Now you're just overly zealous to bulldoze anyone that disagrees with your universalism and other unscriptural beliefs.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This thread has proven what was true about this forum in 2007, is not true any more.
It's proven too, that you have not changed one iota in the way you think and believe since you became a member of this forum, that alone should cause for concern for you.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Now you're just overly zealous to bulldoze anyone that disagrees with your universalism and other unscriptural beliefs.
Actually no, i challenge and expose what i once was, and you can quit with the universaism stuff too, although i believe it, universalism is not what i'm about, i'm about nothing other than what i believe being a reality in my life, if it's not then i either let go of it, or examine myself to see if i'm IN the faith.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:56 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Certainly it appears that all what is being exposed is that pcamps has faith in himself.
And whatever something doesn't jive with his self faith reality then he "examines" himself ... sort of like Peter Pan looking over his shoulder to see if he or his shadow is IN step (IN the faith) with one another.
Quote:
Actually no, i challenge and expose what i once was, and you can quit with the universaism stuff too, although i believe it, universalism is not what i'm about, i'm about nothing other than what i believe being a reality in my life, if it's not then i either let go of it, or examine myself to see if i'm IN the faith.

Last edited by twin.spin; 09-22-2017 at 01:09 PM..

Old 09-22-2017, 01:17 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,734,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Certainly it appears that all what is being exposed is that pcamps has faith in himself.
And whatever something doesn't jive with his self faith reality then he "examines" himself ... sort of like Peter Pan looking over his shoulder to see if he or his shadow is IN step (IN the faith) with one another.

yep it appears like he is IN faith with IN.. he has IN faith.. I suspect that really means he has IN style faith in his Faith. that is that same stuff Oprah was spreading around real thick. She has Lots of Faith IN her IN faith too.
yes God told Abraham that he would be saved by faith and that he was the Father of all faithful..
I have decided that some big confusion exists there .. salvation isn't named faith and you can't name it and claim it either.. that faith that saves is the faith of and in the SON of GOD .. not the faith in Faith, not a faith of Faith. Faith is also not the name of a person who saves you .. the faith that saves doesn't originate with you either . it originates with God who refines and defines his faith to you and purifies it in you. so you can't just claim it . you can only let him work it out into you like Abraham and JOB did , through testing and trials.
it is not a choice a heart makes it is a prayer you submit your soul too for a life long journey in that like Abraham HE Proved Faithful in his testings .. not just his words.
man defines these words using himself as if he is the author of faith and he is not ..the Lord only is author and finisher of our Faith

Heb 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God..

but if we are not submitted to his process and to him as King and Lord of our LIFE ... then will he write his FAITH into us if we refuse to submit to his testings? ( personally I too am struggling with this today , not wanting to submit to anymore processes, WELL I'M sick also... ) they are not fun somedays. somedays they are .

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-22-2017 at 01:54 PM..

Old 09-22-2017, 01:51 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
All ANYone has is faith in his correctness of belief. Seriously, you think you are any different?

Old 09-22-2017, 02:00 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,603,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Unfortunately, no, they just wouldn't "debate their position honestly" any more than they do now.
yup, there isn't much we can do. the middle can up its game with relentless commonsense.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:02 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,603,196 times
Quote:
lmao, bull doze with the middle ground, thats just classic. Its like they say "********* and your common sense, we are believing this or denying that no matter what."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity