Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 07:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Next thing they will do something sacrilegious with Jesus----oh wait they did----putting a statue of Jesus in a jar of pee. .
That was the work of a man named Andres Serrano who was raised in a strict Roman Catholic home. So in that case the "they" is a product of your own church.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The majority of society do not consider a fetus in an open coffin on the sidewalk in front of city hall a "decent burial". In fact the majority of society have probably never seen a "decent funeral" held on the sidewalk in front of city hall.
Unfortunately, the plain, unvarnished truth of your post will sail over the heads of those who most need to pay it heed.

Can't rep again yet. But keep singin' it, sister!

Old 12-21-2013, 09:10 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Unfortunately, the plain, unvarnished truth of your post will sail over the heads of those who most need to pay it heed.

So true. War on unborn babies and no sense of the dignity of life anymore with some people. Funny to hang dolls in the shape of an unborn baby on the Christmas tree.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
So true. War on unborn babies and no sense of the dignity of life anymore with some people. Funny to hang dolls in the shape of an unborn baby on the Christmas tree.
Ah, right on cue!

Thanks, janelle.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:52 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ah, right on cue!
Thanks, janelle.
I am saddened by your apparent defense of this barbarity, Trout. I don't care who is doing it. It serves no purpose and only degrades whatever cause is doing it. You disappoint, Trout.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:19 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
The pro abortion sect is opening the door for others that are actually seeking late term abortions for children up to the age of 2 and some are actually for up to the age of 10. I realize these fringe groups are considered nuts but look at the way the world is going.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:37 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
The pro abortion sect is opening the door for others that are actually seeking late term abortions for children up to the age of 2 and some are actually for up to the age of 10. I realize these fringe groups are considered nuts but look at the way the world is going.
If you want to label the pro choice side by the extreme fringe, then I guess it is ok for me to label the anti choice side by those that blow up abortion clinics, or shoot doctors. Right?

Old 12-22-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am saddened by your apparent defense of this barbarity, Trout. I don't care who is doing it. It serves no purpose and only degrades whatever cause is doing it. You disappoint, Trout.
And if prodded, I'd say I'm disappointed you think coffins of aborted fetuses is an a-ok demonstration against a woman's right to choose.

I don't know of a single person on this planet, most definitely including myself, who is "pro abortion." Having one must be one of the most difficult choices a woman has to face.

This is about a person's right to choose what happens to her body. It's unfortunate you appear to not note, and accept the difference.

I am pro-choice and have made no bones about it, for over 40 years.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If you want to label the pro choice side by the extreme fringe, then I guess it is ok for me to label the anti choice side by those that blow up abortion clinics, or shoot doctors. Right?
I doubt the mirror you hold will reflect them.

But only because they won't look.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:15 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
And if prodded, I'd say I'm disappointed you think coffins of aborted fetuses is an a-ok demonstration against a woman's right to choose.
I don't know of a single person on this planet, most definitely including myself, who is "pro abortion." Having one must be one of the most difficult choices a woman has to face.
This is about a person's right to choose what happens to her body. It's unfortunate you appear to not note, and accept the difference.
I am pro-choice and have made no bones about it, for over 40 years.
I suspect that we are both misunderstanding each other, Trout. My apologies. I believe in a woman's right to choose . . . but I am also pro-life. I agree with you that few people are pro-abortion. The barbarity I thought you were defending was the use of the fetal dolls as ornaments to make a statement. I see them as barbarous as a fetus in a coffin or any other such barbarities on EITHER side. NEITHER cause is elevated nor advanced by such gross barbarity. One does not justify the other.

I simply do not understand why God's people do not see that it is and must remain the woman's decision just like any other act. We voluntarily abide by God's spiritual laws or we don't. Humans have no business trying to force people to follow what they believe are God's spiritual laws. The physical laws like gravity take care of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity