Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 06:31 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Finn_Jarber, God said to love His enemies. Do you believe HE will still love those that get tormented in the Hell that you believe in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Does your conscience bear witness that eternal torment is true, is this something that is written on your heart that you trust is just and right ?.
Just a couple of questions i have pulled up for you Finn to answer. If for some reason you have answered them, and i missed them , can you follow my example and pull up your answers, i will be back with more. Thanks xxx

This one was not a question directly for you, but i would like your opinion on the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Tell me each of these you believe:

1.) God gives life
2.) Each of us that have had the breath of life was given to us for God's Purpose for us.
3.) God doesn't fail
4.) God's purpose for each of us doesn't fail.
5.) God finishes what He started.
6.) God knows the end from the beginning
7.) Salvation is 100% God's Work
8.) God Desires to save everyone.
9.) God desires none to be lost.
10.) God chooses us, we don't choose Him.
And this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
So it's not true? Most will be saved? Or your going to dance around this one?
I think that should keep you busy for a whole, there are other unanswered questions on here, but they are by Pastor Vizio, who i always seem to get you mixed up with.

Last edited by pcamps; 01-03-2014 at 06:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 06:54 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I have never known anyone like yourself to dance around simple questions put to you. This thread alone you have virtually avoided every single question put to you, not even attempted to answer them, yet this is the nonsense you resort to when you don't like what you hear.

Like i said you deny the scriptures that are there that God is not only able of accomplishing his desire but does accomplish it, add to it that which is not there by associating our salvation with eternal hell and you want to hear spiritual truth that is not necessarily in the bible?. how are you ever going to be open to that when you've already got your mind made up.

Here are some spiritual truths that are in the bible that you cannot see and some that are not that you cannot see

Jesus Christ not the bible is the word of God

We are all part of the one God

God is in all things( including those deemed by evangelicals to be sinners)

The holy of holies is within man

Imagination creates reality

Thoughts are things

It is impossible to be separated from God

God can be touched and felt

Theres a few for starters to make you gnash your teeth.

Now how about answering at least one of the many questions of trettep's you have avoided answering.

I would also like a straight answer from you on the question i have asked you 3 times, does your conscience bear witness that those who do not accept what you believe is the only means of salvation deserve to be eternally tormented ?.
Excellent post pcamps.

Imagination creates reality (E=mc2), impossible to be separated from God, God is in all things.....can I add to that last one? I believe all things are in God as well.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Excellent post pcamps.

Imagination creates reality (E=mc2), impossible to be separated from God, God is in all things.....can I add to that last one? I believe all things are in God as well.
How about you? Do you have any examples of what I have been looking for?

Old 01-03-2014, 07:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Read is post again. I find it quite hilarious that you are demanding answers to question while you continually ignore the ones being asked of you.

I did the right thing for you by pulling up my answers giving you the benefit of the doubt that you missed them, could you follow my example and do likewise by pulling up your answers?. If not why not ? Why wouldn't you ?And in not doing so do you think it is in the spirit of being a christian not to do so?

Old 01-03-2014, 07:15 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Jesus said he desired many times to gather His people under His wings but they had refused every time. Did He desire? Yes. Did He get His desire in this particular case? No. Jews used their free will to reject Him. In that case, did he announce He would get His desire? No.

In Isaiah God said he will accomplish his desire and achieve his purpose. His desire in that case was to produce fruit, that the rain will not return to Him empty. His desire was that people would seek Him, and turn to Him, and many have, so it did not return empty. Has everyone turned to Him? No, because His purpose was not to force everyone to salvation, and it still isn't. What did Jesus say? Israel refused to come to Him.
But He will draw all unto Him:
Joh 12:32 And I, if I should be exalted out of the earth, shall be drawing all to Myself."

Rom_11:26 And thus all Israel shall be saved, according as it is written, Arriving out of Zion shall be the
Rescuer. He will be turning away irreverence from Jacob."

So Christ will get His desire and so will God. You just need a little patience, that's all.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Excellent post pcamps.

There are some limitations to "imagination creates reality":
Mat 6:27 "Now who of you by worrying is able to add on to his stature one cubit?

Old 01-03-2014, 07:25 AM

It seems to me David is saying there is no way to get separated from God, even if he goes to hell:

Psalms 139:7-8 Whither shall I go from thy spirit?
or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
(8) If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there:
if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
John 6:44
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them...

The only reason we are still debating this with you Finn is because of the lurkers and people on the fence. I am convinced you will never believe in UR, not in this lifetime. When God sits you on His lap one day and asks you - "You believed I was capable of burning my own children?", you will have no answer. But He will still love and forgive you. He'll even take that ashamed feeling away from you.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:41 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
I agree with you Heartsong. The Bible is not to be bowed down to, and it only contains a printed portion of God's Word. The only caveat I have is that the Bible can be used to navigate through the Words we hear from the Spirit. The more we read the Bible, treat it as a harmonious book, the more we see of the true personality of our Lord, and the more we can discern whether the words we hear are true or not.

The ET doctrine is insanity at best, but I followed it without knowing that for most of my years. But when I was presented with the scriptures showing that the hell doctrine is made up from wrongly translating words and not realizing that it was an idea forced on the Roman world by Justinian, then I opened myself up to the possibility that it was true. THEN I searched the scriptures with an open heart and found out the truth. Until that time, I couldn't be penetrated. Now that I look back, I can't believe that I thought people would be eternally tortured by a God punishing someone in a way that only a few humans would even do to their worst enemies. It's as crazy as believing that the world is flat, and when a picture of the globe is placed before one of those that believe this, they turn their head away and refuse to look. Even the evidence can't penetrate. They are obviously protecting an idea, and not searching for the truth from the Lord. I had to come to this point many times in my life, and I told the Lord, "No matter what, I want to know the truth! I don't care if I feel weird, or if it turns my little world upside down. The truth is more important." and He showed me. The truth sets you free! If you're right in the first place, you've got nothing to lose, so why not find out?

But I do have a problem with some of the ideas of UR people. Some of the doctrine isn't complete, and goes off into a guess at best. The truth that I have found was found in the Bible, yet no one that I have found speaks of it, even though it comes directly from the lips of Jesus Himself.
It's a wonderful liberation we have in Christ.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
There are some limitations to "imagination creates reality":
Mat 6:27 "Now who of you by worrying is able to add on to his stature one cubit?
I disagree. Worrying (stress) changes the chemistry within our bodies. All thoughts affect us one way or the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity