Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2014, 06:34 PM

591 posts, read 926,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
2nd Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: .. .. .. that about sums it all up nicely!
I think it's time someone made a change to the outdated Bible then, as those have never happened.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:16 PM

484 posts, read 883,365 times
Quote:
What is so difficult about building a simple box ??

We are talking about simple basic construction techniques here! basically a floating coffin of sorts 3 stories tall.
Are you serious? Describe how you would constrict a "simple box" that houses every species of animal on the planet yet floats and does not have any leaks.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:31 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,350,015 times
Quote:
2nd Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: .. .. .. that about sums it all up nicely!
Circular logic works every time because it provides proof in an endless loop.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Circular logic works every time because it provides proof in an endless loop.
But it's God's word it must be true

Old 02-16-2014, 08:13 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhans123 View Post
But it's God's word it must be true
OK, pretend I write down an incredible story in a piece of paper. I end the story by stating that what is written is the word of God. Then I let you read the story and I say to you: "This is the word of God".

Would you want some proof that what is written is the word of God?

I would think yes!

So I show you the book and let you read the passage where it says that what is written is the word of God. And you may have doubts, but I say: "The book says this is the word of God". And you complain and say "no way". And once again I read you the story and show you the part where it says it is the word of God. And we can go around on this circle forever. And in the end it proves nothing.

Back to the OT:

Do you honestly think God commanded the murder of innocent born and unborn children?

My point is that most of the OT is a poem to convey a message. The characters are not real.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:30 PM

591 posts, read 926,785 times
Quote:
Back to the OT:

Do you honestly think God commanded the murder of innocent born and unborn children?

My point is that most of the OT is a poem to convey a message. The characters are not real.
You can't pick and choose which bits are 'real' or not, just because you don't like what is written.

You are right in one sense, none of the characters whether OT or NT are real.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:57 PM

758 posts, read 849,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
You can't pick and choose which bits are 'real' or not, just because you don't like what is written.

You are right in one sense, none of the characters whether OT or NT are real.
There are indeed more books written about the historical Apostle Paul than any other human in history or the entire planet for that matter.

I'm waiting for the proof of what you claim. There is none!

Old 02-17-2014, 03:25 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You have plenty of time to make these sophomoric flippant remarks day after day but not enough time to educate yourself by watching this video? . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7RUWxK4EW4#t=405

The video is about 2 hours long but absolutely proves to be Noah's ark.

It proves Noah's ark to be a reality.
Get thee behind me, old mate. I was almost tempted into watching the damn' thing. But what would happen? I would have to go off and check all their claims, find out only what I have found out over many, many discussions -that they do not stand up, report back to you, and you would dismiss them, do the denial stuff, refer to the Bible and then chuck another book or video at me.

That is what you have done all along and it it you who has refused to be 'educated'. Did you read that article I quoted. showing that the Durupinar site is just rock and dirt with no archeology? If you did, you have totally ignored it. Why then should I watch a video trying to prove what has already been as disproven as any reasonable person could wish?

I have a better idea. You do the work. You do the research. You watch the video, note any points that you think prove the ark and put them to me here and I have already undertaken to address points. But I will not be suckered into wasting time reading books and watching long videos. I will not do your research for you.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:56 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
You have plenty of time to make these sophomoric flippant remarks day after day but not enough time to educate yourself by watching this video? . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7RUWxK4EW4#t=405

The video is about 2 hours long but absolutely proves to be Noah's ark.

It proves Noah's ark to be a reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Get thee behind me, old mate. I was almost tempted into watching the damn' thing. But what would happen? I would have to go off and check all their claims, find out only what I have found out over many, many discussions -that they do not stand up, report back to you, and you would dismiss them, do the denial stuff, refer to the Bible and then chuck another book or video at me.

That is what you have done all along and it it you who has refused to be 'educated'. Did you read that article I quoted. showing that the Durupinar site is just rock and dirt with no archeology? If you did, you have totally ignored it. Why then should I watch a video trying to prove what has already been as disproven as any reasonable person could wish?

I have a better idea. You do the work. You do the research. You watch the video, note any points that you think prove the ark and put them to me here and I have already undertaken to address points. But I will not be suckered into wasting time reading books and watching long videos. I will not do your research for you.
Stay in front of me old mate (so I can keep an eye on ya)

The movie is not about just making unfounded claims. It shows people verifying every discovery at the site. It shows government officials at the site verifying everything. There is an astronaut helping and others.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 02-17-2014 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: Video has been re-posted numerous times; spamming thread.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
OK, pretend I write down an incredible story in a piece of paper. I end the story by stating that what is written is the word of God. Then I let you read the story and I say to you: "This is the word of God".

Would you want some proof that what is written is the word of God?

I would think yes!

So I show you the book and let you read the passage where it says that what is written is the word of God. And you may have doubts, but I say: "The book says this is the word of God". And you complain and say "no way". And once again I read you the story and show you the part where it says it is the word of God. And we can go around on this circle forever. And in the end it proves nothing.

Back to the OT:

I know. I thought you may sense my sarcasm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity