Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2014, 06:14 AM

591 posts, read 926,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
There are indeed more books written about the historical Apostle Paul than any other human in history or the entire planet for that matter.

I'm waiting for the proof of what you claim. There is none!
Because he was an actual real person, yet not one of the apostles mentioned in the Bible. Yet... "In the entire first century Jesus is not mentioned by a single Greek or Roman historian, religious scholar, politician, philosopher or poet. His name never occurred in a single inscription, and it is never found in a single piece of private correspondence" - Dr. Bart Ehrman (Prof of Religious Studies).

Mention Josephus, I'll bat that one out the park too.

You see the burden of proof is not on me to prove anything. You have the belief that God is real, prove it. It's not on me to disprove it at all.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
It doesn't though, does it? I'm not even sure you've watched that. Look when the damn thing was shot, if this was real or even credible, it would have been far bigger news than 11,000 views on YouTube.

Eusebius, you can't bully someone like you are doing into watching and wasting 2 hours of their lives on nonfactual nonsense. Yet, when someone presents credible source in front of you, you ignore it completely, even though you make an absurd claim.

I'm waiting for you to go through the link I provided for you again on page 70, #695, and to begin pointing out it's flaws which you claim are to large you don't know where to begin.

You couldn't find one, that's why you haven't begun.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 02-17-2014 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: Has been addressed.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:25 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
Stay in front of me old mate (so I can keep an eye on ya)

The movie is not about just making unfounded claims. It shows people verifying every discovery at the site. It shows government officials at the site verifying everything. There is an astronaut helping and others.

Just please watch the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7RUWxK4EW4#t=405
Oh man, I have already sat through the irrelevant stuff about the egyptian cubit and the length of the Ark.

I have shown you that the rock outcrop is the wrong shape and your claim that Genesis says 'narrows' is not supported by the hebrew.

I have demonstrated what I saw in the original footage of the excavation - that it was a natural geological feature.

Now, either post some specific checkable claims that prove that Durupinar is the remains of the Ark, or stop waving this video at us.

And I am in front of you - too far to be impressed by your "There is an astronaut helping". So when was he either an expert in either archaeology or geology? Being an astronaut qualifies him for nothing but going into space. It is 'Oh this is a Scientist, so it must be true!' ploy gone mad.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:34 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Oh man, I have already sat through the irrelevant stuff about the egyptian cubit and the length of the Ark.

I have shown you that the rock outcrop is the wrong shape and your claim that Genesis says 'narrows' is not supported by the hebrew.

I have demonstrated what I saw in the original footage of the excavation - that it was a natural geological feature.

Now, either post some specific checkable claims that prove that Durupinar is the remains of the Ark, or stop waving this video at us.

And I am in front of you - too far to be impressed by your "There is an astronaut helping". So when was he either an expert in either archaeology or geology? Being an astronaut qualifies him for nothing but going into space. It is 'Oh this is a Scientist, so it must be true!' ploy gone mad.
Just keep watching the video.

Like I said, the LXX has it that the ship narrowed from the middle. They obviously had a better Hebrew manuscript to go by.

Just watch the video. There are all kinds of important people verifying each discovery there.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-17-2014 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: Video has been re-posted numerous times; spamming thread.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:58 AM

Also, here is another link you refused to read which debunks anything about the site you believe holds an 'ark'.

Creation Science 1 of 9

Old 02-17-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
Also, here is another link you refused to read which debunks anything about the site you believe holds an 'ark'.

Creation Science 1 of 9
He actually proved beyone any doubt that it really is Noah's ark. Your link just doesn't have the facts. Your link says it is just a natural rock formation. This has proven to be false.

For instance, if you had watched the video you would have seen that all along the entire length of the ship, using metal detectors, they found the iron parts which bound the beams together. They found 13 rows the entire length of the ship at very specific intervals. A "natural" rock structure does not have those kinds of anomalies. Just please watch the video.

The ship formation is exact in measurement to that given in the Bible.

Your article wrote:
[/i]
Quote:
Volcanic rocks similar to the andesitic "anchor stones" occur in the area surrounding Mt. Ararat (Pearce and others, 1990). The almost total absence of volcanic rocks in Mesopotamia (now Iraq) (Pearce and others, 1990; Aswad and Elias, 1988), where Noah's Ark is alleged to have been constructed, reasonably eliminate the possibility that the anchor stones were transported to Kazan by Noah's Ark. Because of the great weight of these stones, a nearby source is much more likely.
I wonder if the author of your article ever thought it was possible for Noah to go to Ararat area to get his anchor stones? It is only around 300 miles from Mesopotamia to Ararat. And who said Noah lived in Mesopotamia? Does the Bible? No. So your author is making things up as he goes along. Noah could have lived in the Ararat region prior to the flood.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-17-2014 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: Video has been re-posted numerous times; spamming thread.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
He actually proved beyone any doubt that it really is Noah's ark. Your link just doesn't have the facts.
Please, explain, the lack of facts argument!

Then explain the flaws in my prior link! http://ncse.com/cej/4/1/impossible-v...ahs-ark#Sizing

You seem to make wild accusations without even reading the pieces I've provided!

Old 02-17-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Please, explain, the lack of facts argument!

Then explain the flaws in my prior link! The Impossible Voyage of Noah's Ark | NCSE

You seem to make wild accusations without even reading the pieces I've provided!
There are plenty of flaws in the person's argument at your link above.

If you go to YouTube and type in Ron Wyatt Archeology - Noah's Ark - Audio Cleaned & Video you can watch the first video that pops up about the discovery of Noah's ark.

For instance, the person who wrote "The Impossible Voyage of Naoh's Ark" wrote:

Quote:
Building the Ark

The requirements of the story.

To make this point clear, let's start at the beginning of the biblical narrative and follow the story step by step. From the moment the impending storm is announced (Genesis 6:7, 13, 17) and Jehovah sets forth the design and dimensions of the ark (Genesis 6:14-16), problems start appearing. The ark is to be made out of gopher wood according to a plan that calls for the ark to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide, and thirty cubits tall (450x75x45 feet, according to most creationists. See Segraves, p. 11). It is to contain three floors, a large door in the side, and a one cubit square window at the top. The floors are to be divided into rooms, and all the walls, inside and out, are to be pitched with pitch. Since the purpose of the ark is to hold animals and plants, particularly two of "every living thing of all flesh . . . to keep them alive with thee" (Genesis 6:19), it will have to be constructed accordingly. Most creationists simply breeze through this description of the size and requirements of the ark without a second glance ("It is hard to believe that intelligent people see a problem here" — LaHaye and Morris, The Ark on Ararat, p. 248), often with a passing comment about the architectural skill of ancient peoples as manifested in the Seven Wonders of the World. But Noah's boatbuilding accomplishments have not been fully appreciated by his fans.
They were going by the wrong cubit length. It is historic fact that there are different cubic lengths, a royal cubit length and a common one and an Egyptian cubic length which is longer yet.

And just how does the person know anything concerning "Noah's boat building accomplishments"? It's easy to make flippant remarks without any proof.

He also wrote:
Quote:
On the other hand, in an era when hollowed-out logs and reed rafts were the extent of marine transport, a vessel so massive appeared that the likes of it would not be seen again until the mid-nineteenth century AD. Before he could even contemplate such a project, Noah would have needed a thorough education in naval architecture and in fields that would not arise for thousands of years such as physics, calculus, mechanics, and structural analysis. There was no shipbuilding tradition behind him, no experienced craftspeople to offer advice. Where did he learn the framing procedure for such a Brobdingnagian structure? How could he anticipate the effects of roll, pitch, yaw, and slamming in a rough sea? How did he solve the differential equations for bending moment, torque, and shear stress?
Obviously he doesn't believe God could give Noah the wisdom to accomplish that which He desired. Obviously Noah pulled it off or you would not be here reading this right now.

Last edited by Eusebius; 02-17-2014 at 09:10 AM..

Old 02-17-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
There are plenty of flaws in the person's argument at your link above.
Then let's hear then. Instead of just saying there are, start producing some actual evidence. You said you wouldn't know where to begin. Below is me laughing at your first two 'points' or lack of should I say.

Quote:
For instance, the person who wrote "The Impossible Voyage of Naoh's Ark" wrote:

They were going by the wrong cubit length. It is historic fact that there are different cubic lengths, a royal cubit length and a common one and an Egyptian cubic length which is longer yet.

And just how does the person know anything concerning "Noah's boat building accomplishments"? It's easy to make flippant remarks without any proof.
Keep reading....

Quote:
He also wrote:
Obviously he doesn't believe God could give Noah the wisdom to accomplish that which He desired. Obviously Noah pulled it off or you would not be here reading this right now.
Please link me to where he says this, as it certainly isn't in that piece.

You didn't read it, but here are some key points to take in:

"It has by now become abundantly clear that the case for the ark utterly and completely fails. Despite the clever ingenuity of its proponents, nothing, from the trickiest problems to the tiniest details, can be salvaged without an unending resort to the supernatural".

"No intellectually honest person can any longer pretend that the legend of Noah can possibly represent a historical occurrence".

"It is also quite obvious that the creationists are not engaged in any meaningful search for the truth concerning origins. They are committed in advance to a particular creed, and the facts exist only to be explained away. Apparently they are not even sincerely curious about prehistory, since they maintain that Genesis contains all the information on this subject that we need to know".

Old 02-17-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Then let's hear then. Instead of just saying there are, start producing some actual evidence. You said you wouldn't know where to begin. Below is me laughing at your first two 'points' or lack of should I say.
I already started.

Laugh all you want. I can assure you, I'm not laughing.

Quote:
Keep reading....

Please link me to where he says this, as it certainly isn't in that piece.

You didn't read it, but here are some key points to take in:

"It has by now become abundantly clear that the case for the ark utterly and completely fails. Despite the clever ingenuity of its proponents, nothing, from the trickiest problems to the tiniest details, can be salvaged without an unending resort to the supernatural".

"No intellectually honest person can any longer pretend that the legend of Noah can possibly represent a historical occurrence".
Without one shred of evidence he makes these assertions.

Just where is his inviolable PROOF the ark fails? Did he build one exactly like Noah did? No. He just makes unfounded assertions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity