Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 04:36 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times

Advertisements

This was the question:

"Why do so many make salvation more complicated than it has to be?"

The answer is simple. because many make ittoo simple and ignore Jesus words on the subject.It is not too complicated, but it is more than confess Jesus and be saved and that is it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 04:46 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
You need to clairfy that with your pastor. That is NOT the teaching of the RCC. Even Pope Francis has recently spoken about this.
I agree, the catechism says that all Christians may be saved despite belonging to other Protestant denomination.

There is also room for salvation for Jews, Muslims, and even those that never knew Christ though no fault of their own. The RCC is now wide open for salvation.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
[/b] Just as the Bible plainly and clearly states.
The bible is religion.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:16 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOJohnson View Post
Read your Bible. He founded one Church--the Catholic Church--to preserve his teachings until the end of time, and to teach them to all people.
The Bible most certainly does say that Christ founded one Church. It does not say that this was the Catholic Church.

Quote:
Baptists, Lutherans, all Protestant denominations, Mormons, and all took their origin by refusing and denying some of Christ's doctrines. If what Christ teaches is true, then all of what those denominations teach must be false, because they differ from Christ's doctrines, admittedly and even proudly.
I deny none of Christ's doctrines. I simply understand them differently from you.

If I believed for one minute that the Roman Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ, I'd convert to Catholicism so fast it would make your head spin. I admire your dedication to your faith, but I am every bit as dedicated to mine, and every bit as convinced as you are that my Church is the church Christ founded. You might want to consider prefacing those of your statements which cannot be proven with something like, "In my opinion..." or "I believe that..." or "My Church teaches..." It's a lot less offensive than when you jump into a discussion with your very first post and tell everybody but Catholics that they're denying some of Christ's doctrines.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:27 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The Bible most certainly does say that Christ founded one Church. It does not say that this was the Catholic Church.

I deny none of Christ's doctrines. I simply understand them differently from you.

If I believed for one minute that the Roman Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ, I'd convert to Catholicism so fast it would make your head spin. I admire your dedication to your faith, but I am every bit as dedicated to mine, and every bit as convinced as you are that my Church is the church Christ founded. You might want to consider prefacing those of your statements which cannot be proven with something like, "In my opinion..." or "I believe that..." or "My Church teaches..." It's a lot less offensive than when you jump into a discussion with your very first post and tell everybody but Catholics that they're denying some of Christ's doctrines.
Good point

Old 01-14-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

I agree, no religion is better than another.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:43 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,133,606 times
Funny how the message has been lost in just over 30 responses. People are so anxious to put their beliefs ahead of somebody elses.

The original message was one of unity. As was Christ's. And we ALL have already proven that we don't act like Christ.

Sorry Lord. We'll try to do better. I promise.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:59 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
From the OP...

Quote:
There is so much confrontation in this forum among Christian brothers. Why do so many of you get so caught up in the "Man Made" aspects of religon?

Why do Mormans do this? It's wrong!
Why do Catholics do that? It's wrong!
What is Jesus' "real" name? The "J" wasn't even..........
What does the bible say about heaven?
How can you interpret that verse that way when it obviously says.....

These are all the "Man Made aspects of Christianity. I love the Bible. It was truly inspired by God. It is a wonderful reference and should be read. But it was written by man. And, it was written so that common people could understand. So it was written in parables. Stories that would relate to common people's lives. It can't always be takeen literally. Because often times, we just don't know the intent of the writer. Was he telling a story to relate to something Christ did? Or did he write it out exactly as it happened? I believe the bible is full of both.

Our churches and religons are man made as well. Christ doesn't care if you are Baptist, Morman, Catholic or any other of a hundred christian denominations.

Why can't we just love Christ? Love each other? Do good works? Truly repent for our shortcomings?

Do those 4 things and you'll find salvation. No matter what or how you actually "worship" on Sunday.

Peace brothers and sisters!
Seems as though we get fooled into put people in groups, when we should be dealing with individuals. Everyone is different. Mormons, Catholics, Baptists, etc.... groups don't obtain eternal life, individuals do. God used Paul to deal with this in 1 Corinthians 1. Christ is not divided, neither should we be divided.

I am trying to think why we tend herd people into groups... In the end, I guess it's just easier and convenient to deal with others. Maybe a person talks to a few people from a particular belief - and if they give a similar response - then they become "those people" and we no longer deal with them as individuals. We should resist the temptation to deal with people in this manner. Jesus would have never dealt with the Samaritan woman, or Nicodemus if he dealt with people in groups.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:06 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:

Sorry Lord. We'll try to do better. I promise.
<<fist bump>>

I often think that.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:27 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
Quote:
!

I understand what you're saying, but i'm sorry in some cases, what you're saying isn't true. You said the bible is ”truly inspired by God”, but then you say , “it was written by man”, implying that it can't be taken literally, because we don't know what the “WRITERS”, intended. First... if the bible is inspired by God ,(Jehovah God ,Psa. 83:18). wouldn't he have made sure his ORIGINAL words be accurate? Also NOT just ANY man wrote down words that Jehovah God allowed to be placed in a book CALLED, bibles. If you notice, ALL the names of the books of the bible, are names of ALL who were servants of Jehovah God ,(the God of Israel), like Jeremiah ,(Jer.30:1,2 The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book). And Daniel, which he didn't understand what he was writing. But it wasn't for him to understand but for our time, (Dan. 12:8.9 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end).

And i'm sorry MANY won't want to believe this, But theses people who serve this God named Jehovah. An told about him, like Moses and Noah, they were actually Jehovah's witnesses. Jesus witnesses about his Father ,(John15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you). Which made him also a witness for Jehovah. Jesus spoke at times in parables, but he ALWAYS explained what he was saying, (Matt.13:24-30), the “tares among the wheat”. He wasreferring to his followers and those who actually follow satan will live together on earth, until he comes to destroy ,(Psa.37:9-11). None of those men Jehovah pick to write, wrote what they wanted ,(2Cor.3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God). And (2Pet. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost).

Of course satan made sure MANY words were added and removed. The name Jehovah was removed, because satan had the ones removing it believing ONLY certain people should know the name. But satan don't have the last say, Jehovah does. And Jehovah KNEW MANY wouldn't want tobelieve he has a name. There was a time, MANY didn't believe the name because it was removed out of the newer kj bibles.,(a bible at the time was widely used). But the older ones still had the name Jehovah in four places. Satan wants us to NOT learn the truth because he KNOWS this will get us destroyed, alongside him and his demons. This is why we have to be aware of satan's tricks ,(Ephe.6:11). so though satan had the bible tamper with Jehovah STILL made sure there were so much truth for humans to follow. And yes manusually are the ones who put others together to form a church. But sodid Jehovah and Jesus. Even if MANY refuse to believe, ONLY those who's trult trying to follow Jesus teachings, are the true “Church of Christ”. Because they do as Jesus did, NOT living as the rest of the world does ,(John17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world).

True Jehovah God doesn't care what day we worship him ,(Colo.2:16,17). you basically said Jesus doesn't care what denominations one is. But if that was so true, why did the pharisees wanted him dead?, it was because they WASN'T teaching all truth, and Jesus called them out,(Matt. 23:13-15,here... Matt. 23:1-7 and here... John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, hespeaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it). And what about Paul beliefs, he had Jesus followers arrested before Jesus got a hold to him and made him HIS Apostle ,(Acts8:3,4 here... Acts 7:58-60, Paul had Jesus follower stone to death because he was teaching the truth), Here ,(Acts 26:9-11).here... (Acts 9:1-21), Paul didn't think he was worthy of being an Apostle, since he was the cause of MANY of the “Church” of God's death ,(Cor. 15:9,10 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me).

Jehovah's words shows satan planted MANY ministers, who seem to be of God,(2Cor. 11:13-15). why do people REFUSE to believe, there were people from Adam and eve time, through the last Apostles. Who served other Gods, or didn't totally serve the God of Israel. And there was ONLY one true teaching in each case. There were those who worship Jehovah God and followed his laws, vs the others who didn't. Yet MANY today wants to believe now ALL religions are doing right. They're NOT teaching ALL truth today as they haven't been since then. And we're NOT ALL spiritual brothers and sisters if we're NOT doing as Jesus told us to do ,(Matt.12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, thesame is my brother, and sister, and mother). And (Matt.7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father whichis in heaven).

Also Jehovah's words show ALL false religions , which is called babylon, the prostitute , or harlot, will be destroyed ,(Rev. 17:1-6 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgmentof the great ***** that sitteth upon many waters). This refers falsereligion over the earth). Rev. 18:2-11, speaks of the unclean things MANY religions do. Many religious leaders get's involved with the governments, but soon the governments will turn all RELGION. To the point they will be inactive. But Jehovah and Jesus will be there for their people ,(Psa.2:2-5). see (Rev.19:19,20And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone).

Many will say this is so untrue, but Jehovah’s words don't lie ,(Rev.18:22,23 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, andtrumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman,of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and thesound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee; And thelight of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voiceof the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all inthee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thysorceries were all nations deceived). There's a reason why Jehovah wantedpeople to use his name ,(2Chron. 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land), no one call on earth as a group are called by Jesus name. This is why he finally gave his name to Moses, to give to his people, (Exo. 6:3).

Jehovah God choose people to serve him, (Isa. 43:10 Ye are my witnesses,saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me). At one time it was ONLY the Jewish, who were Jehovah's chosen people. But now Jehovah welcome ANY who wanted to be his servants ,(Acts 15:14 Simeon hath declaredhow God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them apeople for his name). Many people see Jws as the evil ones, because they refuse to teach falsely. Even though to MANY they are teaching false. One “christians”, told my daughter, she would take pamplets and magazines from ANY religion except from Jws. Many are told to stay away from them, makes since ,(Luke 6:22). though we are imperfect sinners, many of us came out of the world. We were seeking the truth, and we didn't worry about what other even family would think of us.

I know I don't have an Heavenly calling as ALL are taught to believe. Even though Jehovah's words say ONLY a certain amount will go, the rest will live on earth. I just hope and try to follow Jesus as best I can. Jehovah said to “GET OUT OF HER”, (Isa.52:11 Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD). And (Rev.18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues). and he wasn't referring to a literal woman. Despite what MANY wants to believe, (some of us were the same way, blinded),all religions does NOT lead to eternal life. Jehovah and Jesus gave us enough ways in which we would KNOW the truth, and who's teaching it. Jesus said to seek, ask, and you receive and find. But we have to WANT IT. Sadly MANY partly want the truth, but they DON'T want it if it means giving up themselves. peace

Last edited by jojo-50; 01-14-2014 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: they bunched my words, and there so many "size"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity