Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 03:20 PM

114 posts, read 223,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Well folks, neither AREQUIPA or Wardendresden or any others here have brought forth PROOF that humans evolved from single celled amoebas to fish to chimps to humans. If the proof existed, don't you think they would have brought it forth by now? All they can say is cute stuff like: Well the fossil record proves it or the skull record proves it. Yet they can't really PROVE it. If I were a judge and they brought their case before me in a court I'd toss them all out for wasting the court's time.
I learned that the evolutionary "trees" only compared shared and derived characteristics of organisms. It does not prove that one creature "evolved" from another organism.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 03:28 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper_60619 View Post
I learned that the evolutionary "trees" only compared shared and derived characteristics of organisms. It does not prove that one creature "evolved" from another organism.

True, proof is really for math and logic not the scientific method. Eusebius seems to think otherwise.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:17 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
You are so high on yourself. Explain endogenous retroviruses to me please.
I'm not high on myself. Just because I am sure of myself one should not confuse that as being high on myself.

Shiloh, I have been told in this thread that the fossil record proves evolution. Well, if it does, let them prove their assertion. There is no need to explain endogenous retroviruses to you. They do not prove humans evolved from single celled amoebas to fish to chimps to become humans. Just show me the beef.
Where's the beef?

Old 02-11-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
True, proof is really for math and logic not the scientific method. Eusebius seems to think otherwise.
Oh oh:~ Evolution is a fairy tale for grownups ~

Old 02-11-2014, 04:25 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Shiloh, I have been told in this thread that the fossil record proves evolution.
No, you have been told that it is historical evidence, something you said we did not have. If the Theory of Evolution were true this is something you would predict and expect - and that is exactly what happened. Where are your predictions?

Quote:
There is no need to explain endogenous retroviruses to you. They do not prove humans evolved from single celled amoebas to fish to chimps to become humans. Just show me the beef.
Where's the beef?
Get off this idea of proof - we are giving you pieces of evidence that have a predictive value to the Theory of Evolution. It is another piece of evidence that we share a common ancestor. I will take your lack of response as an implicit inability to understand what it is you are trying to deny.

Once again you have nothing, no proof, no evidence, and no predictions of your 'God dun it' scenario.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:30 PM

Oh, Okay Shiloh, if you say so. LOL. If it makes you feel good. I sympathize when you've painted yourself in a corner and have no way out to prove your evolution religion.

A list of real scientists that do not agree with you: Creation scientists and other biographies of interest

Old 02-11-2014, 04:35 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Oh, Okay Shiloh, if you say so. LOL. If it makes you feel good. I sympathize when you've painted yourself in a corner and have no way out to prove your evolution religion.

A list of real scientists that do not agree with you: Creation scientists and other biographies of interest
Instead of barfing-up links in response to me why not just deal with the evidence. Because you can't!

Real Scientist - Oh Vey! So these guys are actually doing science regarding the creation of the universe by God - not Creationists who do science. Yeah right. LMAO!

As if I can't point to scientists who disagree - Fallacious arguments you abound in my friend.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:09 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,609,101 times
It's very heartening that with every evolution thread everyone ges convinced except for Esebius. Top marks as science educators, everyone!

Old 02-11-2014, 05:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Eusebius, trumpet and Viz had best hope willful ignorance isn't way up there in the sin hierarchy.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:41 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
It's very heartening that with every evolution thread everyone ges convinced except for Esebius. Top marks as science educators, everyone!
I am convinced that most devoutly religious Christians who are Creationists will not change their viewpoint on such matters until they can somehow be made to drop this kind of internally generated, religious rapture. I think it tells the person that God and the Bible supersede all science and for that matter, any clear evidence that does not conform to their belief.

Keep in mind that this is just a hypothesis and I am willing to change it or discard it altogether if there is conflicting evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity