Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 11:23 AM

758 posts, read 848,061 times

Advertisements

Did you know that the Vatican owns the four most powerful telescopes on earth? They are all located on top of Mount Graham in Arizona!

This is an eye opening video of what is really going on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 11:35 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
I'm just tickled pink the internet was invented.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:52 AM

Well I have taken the time to read his book(s) and listen to what he had to say on this video; He provides more than ample proof. Using Google Earth we were shocked when we found out what is located on Mount Graham in Arizona.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:52 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm just tickled pink the internet was invented.

It makes me chuckle every day.
I think the Vatican should spend more time looking at me. I'm a sexy stud.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:02 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
This guy is a charlatan, making money on folks that believe in nonsense.

The RCC always had an interest in astronomy despite the Galileo error several centuries ago. Many of the world's prominent astronomers were or are Jesuits.

In fact the father of the Big bang theory is Jesuit Priest:

Actually, the Vatican’s interest in studying the heavens dates back at least to the late 16th century, when the Catholic Church set out to fix problems in the old Western calendar, problems which jeopardized the accurate observance of holy days.

The Church found that the calendar that we follow, the dates that we have, was getting out of synchronization with the seasons. And so Easter was in danger of slipping backwards into a winter feast, and yet in the Northern Hemisphere it has got to be a springtime feast for the Resurrection of Christ. That is when the Church brought in a team of mathematicians and scientists to advise on reforming the calendar.

It was Pope Leo XIII who, in 1891, founded the modern Vatican observatory — its telescope was located near St. Peter’s Basilica. In the 1930s, the observatory was moved to the pope’s summer residence at Castel Gandolfo, just outside of Rome.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:03 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Well I have taken the time to read his book(s) and listen to what he had to say on this video; He provides more than ample proof. Using Google Earth we were shocked when we found out what is located on Mount Graham in Arizona.
Truthfully, I think only creationists would find this book interesting.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
This guy is a charlatan, making money on folks that believe in nonsense.

The RCC always had an interest in astronomy despite the Galileo error several centuries ago. Many of the world's prominent astronomers were or are Jesuits.

In fact the father of the Big bang theory is Jesuit Priest:

Actually, the Vatican’s interest in studying the heavens dates back at least to the late 16th century, when the Catholic Church set out to fix problems in the old Western calendar, problems which jeopardized the accurate observance of holy days.

The Church found that the calendar that we follow, the dates that we have, was getting out of synchronization with the seasons. And so Easter was in danger of slipping backwards into a winter feast, and yet in the Northern Hemisphere it has got to be a springtime feast for the Resurrection of Christ. That is when the Church brought in a team of mathematicians and scientists to advise on reforming the calendar.

It was Pope Leo XIII who, in 1891, founded the modern Vatican observatory — its telescope was located near St. Peter’s Basilica. In the 1930s, the observatory was moved to the pope’s summer residence at Castel Gandolfo, just outside of Rome.

VATT is part of the Mount Graham International Observatory situated on Mount Graham in southeast Arizona, and is operated by the Vatican Observatory, one of the oldest astronomical research institutions in the world, in partnership with The University of Arizona.

THE VATICAN OBSERVATORY Vatican web sight!

Thank you Julian658!

Old 02-15-2014, 07:41 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Did you know that the Vatican owns the four most powerful telescopes on earth? They are all located on top of Mount Graham in Arizona!
I did know that. But they aren't all in Arizona. Some of them are in Castel Gandolfo in Italy (the Pope's private retreat). Some of the world's best astronomers are Jesuits.

I've always loved it that the Pope has a castle named after Gandalf, the wisest of the Istari who helped to overthrow Sauron and save Middle-earth.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:32 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:

This is an eye opening video of what is really going on.

Put down the Chic tract and step away...

Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 PM

I guess that is your opinion - But I honestly fail to see what Thomas Horn and Cris Putnam have to do with Chic publications.

I guess you know something sinister perhaps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity