Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 10:51 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

After all of the testimony and hearings, George Zimmerman says he has only one judge left to stand before.

"God," Zimmerman told CNN on Monday. "I know that ultimately, He's the only judge that I have to answer to... He knows what happened. I know what happened. So I'd leave it up to him."

George Zimmerman: God Is The 'Only Judge That I Have To Answer To'

Old 02-18-2014, 11:13 AM

591 posts, read 926,612 times
If he repents, he gets into heaven, correct?!

Old 02-18-2014, 11:15 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
I'm glad he has faith, he needs it. I actually prayed for him during the trial and hoped justice would be served and it was. He's going to have a rough remaining life so he needs to hold strong to his faith.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:26 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,759 times
Ok so if he is such an obedient servant of God, he would know that respect for authority is showing love for his fellow man. Like if he was a soldier in an army, the success, even the very survival of the army, depends on each soldier’s cooperation, obedience, and respect for the chain of command. To undermine that chain by rebelling, your fellow soldiers could end up in danger. So Mr. George, The Unremorseful, you still must "render Caesar’s things to Caesar [the government]."

Old 02-18-2014, 11:36 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

"God," Zimmerman told CNN on Monday. "I know that ultimately, He's the only judge that I have to answer to... He knows what happened. I know what happened. So I'd leave it up to him."
Go.away.

Why does this type ALWAYS stick around then drag God into it?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:42 AM

758 posts, read 848,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
Yes indeed - just like the thief on the cross!

Verily verily I say unto you - Today you will be with me in... ... Paradise.

No one... is in heaven yet. We all go in @ once. The great marriage feast!

It shouldn't be a surprise - that God used 40 different people to write the bible. Almost every single one of them - was guilty of murder !

Manasseh was far far worse than Hitler ever was; yet he repented.

King David was guilty of many terrible things yet God states - That man is the apple of my eye!

Who can know & understand the love & mercy of God? Mankind can't comprehend a Loving God that actually cares about us. He is not willing that any should perish.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Ok so if he is such an obedient servant of God, he would know that respect for authority is showing love for his fellow man. Like if he was a soldier in an army, the success, even the very survival of the army, depends on each soldier’s cooperation, obedience, and respect for the chain of command. To undermine that chain by rebelling, your fellow soldiers could end up in danger. So Mr. George, The Unremorseful, you still must "render Caesar’s things to Caesar [the government]."
He already did that.. and was found NOT GUILTY!

Old 02-18-2014, 12:01 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
If he is God's child by faith, and possessor of the Holy Spirit - then yes. It works the same for all human beings on earth.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:15 PM

591 posts, read 926,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If he is God's child by faith, and possessor of the Holy Spirit - then yes. It works the same for all human beings on earth.
Just checking. I think I'd rather go to Hell than spend eternity with that killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
No one... is in heaven yet. We all go in @ once.
So are all the dead in a holding room waiting for everyone else? They'll run out of magazines to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
He already did that.. and was found NOT GUILTY!
Of murder yes. He did kill him though. That he admitted too.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Just checking. I think I'd rather go to Hell than spend eternity with that killer.

So are all the dead in a holding room waiting for everyone else? They'll run out of magazines to read.
According to our Justice system - according to a jury of his peers - He did nothing wrong by defending himself. He is NOT GUILTY.

And it is more than obvious you do not like that verdict!

YOU have a serious problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity