Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2023, 06:35 AM

14,873 posts, read 17,143,188 times

Advertisements

Thank you, Kate. I have visited a few different churches/congregations since I left the church of Christ and now I am visiting a nondenominational church which i am considering becoming a member of. Have a blessed day.

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2023, 06:56 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,262,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Thank you, Kate. I have visited a few different churches/congregations since I left the church of Christ and now I am visiting a nondenominational church which i am considering becoming a member of. Have a blessed day.

God bless.
I pray it all works out for you. Stay true to God’s word, and He will bless you for it.

Have a great rest of the day!

Old 01-06-2023, 07:02 AM

Yes, but there are so many denominations/congregations that believe that they are staying true to God's word, Kate. There are so many different interpretations, and each believe they are right... I pray for guidance and discernment as I interact and try to see what correlates with what I understand the scriptures to teach, and look for common bonds. As you might know, I am a Christian Universalist and as far as I know, there are no Christian Universalist congregations in my area. In fact it can be very isolating but I trust that God will guide me and be with me in all things. God bless.

Old 01-06-2023, 09:03 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,262,041 times
Quote:
Yes, but there are so many denominations/congregations that believe that they are staying true to God's word, Kate. There are so many different interpretations, and each believe they are right... I pray for guidance and discernment as I interact and try to see what correlates with what I understand the scriptures to teach, and look for common bonds. As you might know, I am a Christian Universalist and as far as I know, there are no Christian Universalist congregations in my area. In fact it can be very isolating but I trust that God will guide me and be with me in all things. God bless.
No, I did not know you believed in universal salvation. I do remember posting to you a very long time ago, but I don’t remember what we posted about. There is a huge thread on universalism on this forum.

Anyway, I wish you the very best. Study the Scriptures daily, and stay close to the Lord. That’s all any of us can do.

Old 01-06-2023, 09:16 AM

Yes, thank you, Kate. God bless.

Old 01-06-2023, 11:37 AM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:

Old 01-06-2023, 11:42 AM

Hi Mystic

Old 01-06-2023, 12:19 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Hi Mystic
SO good to see you posting again, Shana. You were missed!

Old 01-06-2023, 02:20 PM

Thank you, Mystic. It is good to be here again I hope you are doing well. God bless.

Old 01-18-2023, 07:01 PM

1,971 posts, read 1,934,965 times
Sydney student shares warning signs after his friend joined a religious cult
News.com, Australia/May 15, 2022
By Alasdair Belling

correction: they are a branch of the international christian churches started by Kip Mckean after the original ICOC expelled him

https://www.culteducation.com/group/...ious-cult.html

A University of New South Wales student has recounted the warning signs he missed before his friend became enmeshed in a cult so deeply it "totally took over his life".

Ethan began to worry his friend Keegan* had joined a cult when his weekly "bible study" commitments became so intense he was left unable to work or pay rent.

"He came to me and said 'I can't pay board because I need to buy a new phone to get OneNote so I can teach the Bible on campus'," Ethan, 21, told news.com.au.

"He would go to uni every day and preach, do walk-up evangelism … or go on Facebook Messenger or Instagram and contact people and ask them if they would like to join a Bible study.

"He couldn't work, because he was attending these studies every day, he had church three times a week – it became a fulltime commitment that totally took over his life."

Moderator cut: Article trimmed to comply with the Terms Of Service copyright provision. At least you included the link. When people copy entire articles with no link, we normally delete the entire post.

*Name has been changed for legal reasons

Last edited by mensaguy; 01-19-2023 at 04:48 AM.. Reason: copyright violation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity