Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 09:48 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,994,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
Kip Mckean to resign and step down from the leadership of the international christian church in 2016.

City Of Angels International Christian Church (ICC) Blog: Kip McKean to Step Down as Leader of City of Angels Cult

so it looks like he is planning to create another ICOC/ICC Clone. history is repeating it self. like the ICOC before the ICC may join a mainline protestant church like the original churches of christ, some may become independent while getting rid of the discipling abuse, and a few may retain the abuses. based on the comments Kip does not have the sme leadership powers like 10-20 years ago. looks the the Mckean cult is dying a slow death. his children left the previous ICOC cult. so there no nobody left to inherit the Mckean religious empire. and with the internet exposing this cultic empire. this will be all over within 5-10 years.

The recruitment rate is not much more than the attrition rate, so more people are finding out what they are all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Yes, why? I had a friend in grad school who was heavily involved. I think it was still Boston COC at the time. I had to back off from our friendship because she wouldn't stop trying to get me there. It was creepy. Are they still around?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Well that's weird. It was very cultish when I was dealing with my friend. I mean REALLY cultish. I liked her, but I was too weirded out by the way they were.
Unfortunately they can only really befriend you if you are part of their group, your experience is quite typical.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:39 PM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Since this is a thread about a Christian denomination, the thread is being moved to the Christianity sub-forum.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:44 AM

1,972 posts, read 1,936,597 times
I check out the original churches of christ and they covertly say their church is the only way to be saved

Old 09-15-2015, 03:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
When man says his way is the only way, run the other way.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvWJdskywNI

A pastor talks about the church of christ the mother church of the ICOC and the ICC

Actual quote from a church of christ website

Who Are We

Quote:
To be save you MUST be a member of this church

Old 06-22-2016, 10:57 AM

anybody know if KIP RESIGNED from the leader of the international christian church?

Old 07-21-2016, 01:50 PM

The International Christian Church have a high drop out rate

Beginning in 2006 with 800 members the ICC, now 9 years later has a claimed worldwide membership of a little less than 3000. (although first hand accounts of visits to some of their African churches tell of vastly inflated membership numbers) Even so, at their current rate of growth after 20 years the ICC should reach a worldwide membership of 12 800 by the year 2026. However, with an increasing number of people leaving the ICC each year even that minimal growth may be in doubt. One of the ICC Evangelists recently wrote:

"Look at the fall away rate around the ICC movement. It is close to 80% now. Even in LA there’s a near 90% fall away rate. (369 people were baptized in and 337 people fell away in LA in 2015)"

HotNews Responds to the ICC | ICOC HotNews

Old 09-03-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
anybody know if KIP RESIGNED from the leader of the international christian church?
Not sure, think it is still Tim Kernan as the head in LA, Kip McKean still in Portland:

Kipmckean.com - Get Your Answers Here!

Interesting debate, for anyone interested, between CARM's Matt Slick (Christian Fundamentalist) and Tim Kernan (ICC in Los Angeles):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iOxcIkOPH0

Needless to say, I am a fairly impartial observer in this debate, but in many ways regards Fundamentalists such as CARM as more dangerous and intolerant, than a smallish legalistic group such as the International Christian Church. (the only reason I know about the old ICoC was through people during my student/ university days and their aggressive proselytizing practices on campus and bible studies etc - in fact am still friends with 1 of them)

Last edited by Derek41; 09-03-2016 at 08:42 PM..

Old 09-04-2016, 01:27 AM

481 posts, read 262,922 times
You see a lot of these "Let's get on the bandwagon" cults rising. Who was the bloke with the girlfriend with t he 3 inch eyelashes, Tammy, was it. I remember seeing one of the shows on TV and the crowd would fill a good football match.

Billy Graham said a lot of words, but like a politician he never said anything that could be put into reasonable practice, but he had Charisma.

The Pentecostal movement is one of th Charismatic religions and their shows drag in thousands. Satan certainly knows what some people enjoy.

The snake charmers another, there are many faith healers. Even amongst the "respected" religions. But being healed by these folk cost much more than going to your local doctor.

If you want a show, and ritual, and the banging of the drum, and the flashing lights, don't become a JW, they don't have anything like that. But, then again, they are trying to be Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity