Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 03:10 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,893,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
As the "Day of the Lord" is shown as having the angels of death unleash destruction (Rev 9:14 & Ex 9), how is one to make Preparation, as was shown in the original Passover, with respect to the angels of death?
Always, and I mean ALWAYS, make sure you are wearing clean underwear. Then you will be able to deal with pretty much anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 03:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Above or below sea level:

"Man cannot comprehend the existence of error, when too deeply immersed in it."

Old 03-08-2014, 08:55 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,736,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Jesus died on Passover.......

Actually I do know that he died during the festival in remembrance of Passover. But why did the OP say Sabbath which is a day of rest instead of Yom Tov which is the correct word to use? Also I don't see anyone using Colossians 2:16-17 which is inline with the the OP.Why?

16 Therefore, let no one judge you in eating and in drinking or in respect to a yom tov or a rosh chodesh or Shabbat;
17 Which are a shadow of the things to come in the Olam HaBah; but the reality, the substance, is Moshiach.

Since he didn't die on a Sabbath
http://www.thesimpletruth.net/booklet/passover.html

Old 03-09-2014, 12:57 AM

439 posts, read 426,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Now if Tribulational believers and church-age believers were one and the same, and if the rapture and resurrection of the church were post-Tribulational, there would be no mortal believers left to go into the Millennium.
I disagree with you about everything you said. But I will refrain from going into all of it. However, I did want to point out that there will be a post-trib rapture and when the church is raptured there will be people left on earth. He is not going to destroy everyone and everything. I don't know where this theory came about. Total destruction does not happen until after the 1,000 years are over.

Even with your view on things, what makes you assume no one would be left if there was a post-trib rapture? What's so different about Jesus' actions if He comes when you say He is, pre-trib, verses when I say He's going to come post-trib?? I don't understand what you're basing your complete annihilation theory off of. Maybe you can clarify this for me...

Old 03-09-2014, 08:15 AM

1,382 posts, read 767,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Actually I do know that he died during the festival in remembrance of Passover. But why did the OP say Sabbath which is a day of rest instead of Yom Tov which is the correct word to use? Also I don't see anyone using Colossians 2:16-17 which is inline with the the OP.Why?

16 Therefore, let no one judge you in eating and in drinking or in respect to a yom tov or a rosh chodesh or Shabbat;
17 Which are a shadow of the things to come in the Olam HaBah; but the reality, the substance, is Moshiach.

Correlation between Passover and Jesus' crucifixion
Dear Pruz,
The last supper, trial, crucifixion happened on Preparation Day. The burial happened prior to the start of Passover on the 14th of the 1st month. Passover is a "high Sabbath". In that year the Passover occurred on a Thursday. The day after the Passover, the 14, is the "high Sabbath" of the 1st day of the feast of Unleavened bread", which happens on the 15th of the 1st month, and was on a Friday. The 3rd day of the 3 days and nights was on a Saturday, a regular Sabbath, and it was on a Saturday evening, which would be the last of the 3 days and 3 nights.

John 19:31 NAS
"Then the Jews, because it was the day of preparation, so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day ), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away."

The teachings of the "Christian" church, organized and chaired at the 1st Council of Nicaea, by the Roman emperor Constantine, is entirely bogus.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-15-2014 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: Red is reserved for mod cuts within posts. Using any other color is okay. Thanks!

Old 03-09-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post

Correlation between Passover and Jesus' crucifixion
Dear Pruz,
The last supper, trial, crucifixion happened on Preparation Day. The burial happened prior to the start of Passover on the 14th of the 1st month. Passover is a "high Sabbath". In that year the Passover occurred on a Thursday. The day after the Passover, the 14, is the "high Sabbath" of the 1st day of the feast of Unleavened bread", which happens on the 15th of the 1st month, and was on a Friday. The 3rd day of the 3 days and nights was on a Saturday, a regular Sabbath, and it was on a Saturday evening, which would be the last of the 3 days and 3 nights.

[b]John 19:31 NAS
"Then the Jews, because it was the day of preparation, so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day ), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away."

The teachings of the "Christian" church, organized and chaired at the 1st Council of Nicaea, by the Roman emperor Constantine, is shouldered on the beast of Rome. (Rev 13:11)

Last edited by june 7th; 03-15-2014 at 06:27 AM..

Old 03-09-2014, 08:38 AM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniPearl View Post
I disagree with you about everything you said. But I will refrain from going into all of it. However, I did want to point out that there will be a post-trib rapture and when the church is raptured there will be people left on earth. He is not going to destroy everyone and everything. I don't know where this theory came about. Total destruction does not happen until after the 1,000 years are over.

Even with your view on things, what makes you assume no one would be left if there was a post-trib rapture? What's so different about Jesus' actions if He comes when you say He is, pre-trib, verses when I say He's going to come post-trib?? I don't understand what you're basing your complete annihilation theory off of. Maybe you can clarify this for me...
I never said anything about complete annihilation.

At the judgment of the nations (which is not the great white throne judgment which will take place a thousand years later) which will be held following the Tribulation, and which will take place in the valley of Jehoshaphat (Joel 3:2), all unbelievers (and yes, the goats are unbelievers) will be cast off the earth and into the eternal fire as per Matthew 25:41. The Millennial kingdom will begin with believers only. If all believers were to be raptured and resurrected when Christ returns, and since all Tribulational unbelievers will be cast off the earth, that would leave no one to go into the Millennial kingdom in their natural bodies.

And again, Paul made it clear in his first letter to the Thessalonians that the church will not go through the Tribulation (1 Thess. 4:13-5:10), and then, since false teachers tried to convince the Thessalonians that the day of the Lord had come upon them, reassured them in his second letter that they would not go though the Tribulation (2 Thess. 2:1-9).

In 'Things to Come, a Study in Biblical Eschatology', J. Dwight Pentecost presents the various views of the rapture of the church (Pre-tribulational, post-tribulational, mid-tribulational, and partial rapture.)
J. Dwight Pentecost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John F. Walvoord in 'Major Bible Prophecies' also presents the various rapture views.
Bio- John F Walvoord | Walvoord.com

Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum on the rapture of the church.
http://www.arielm.org/dcs/pdf/mbs039m.pdf
Ariel Ministries: Come and See

The Thomas Ice Collection

Thomas Ice is the Executive Director of the Pre-Trib Research Center in Wash. D.C. The Research Center was founded a few years ago by Tim LaHaye and Mr. Ice to research, teach, proclaim, and defend pretribulationism. Listed below are some articles written by Ice that clearly defines and contends for a pre-trib end time scenario.

Old 03-09-2014, 12:16 PM

352 posts, read 419,403 times
In The Name of The One And The Only God. Peace Be Upon You. I'm not certain I understand this thread. We are presently in the last Hour, before the last Day. The first trumpet was sounded in the early 1980's, or a year or two before. I heard it, accompanied by a voice (female), who asked "What do you want?" Is this not the Hour, when people will appear drunk, or in a stupor? Where religion is to be done away with? When The Mahdi, The Guided one is expected to appear with Prophet Isa [Jesus, PBUH]? at least thirty-four years, have passed since the trumpet sounded (blast). You might want to argue whether the Hour, is equal to sixty years (about, year 2040) to the end. Only The One God, would know. According to Scripture, this world is to be left barren. No vegetation/water. Think about that. There is no time, for speculation.
Salaam/Peace devotee.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post
In The Name of The One And The Only God. Peace Be Upon You. I'm not certain I understand this thread. We are presently in the last Hour, before the last Day. The first trumpet was sounded in the early 1980's, or a year or two before. I heard it, accompanied by a voice (female), who asked "What do you want?" Is this not the Hour, when people will appear drunk, or in a stupor? Where religion is to be done away with? When The Mahdi, The Guided one is expected to appear with Prophet Isa [Jesus, PBUH]? at least thirty-four years, have passed since the trumpet sounded (blast). You might want to argue whether the Hour, is equal to sixty years (about, year 2040) to the end. Only The One God, would know. According to Scripture, this world is to be left barren. No vegetation/water. Think about that. There is no time, for speculation.
Salaam/Peace devotee.
Dear devotee,
Actually, only "a third of the earth and a third of the trees were burned up" (Rev 8:7) As per Mt 24:22, it will be bad, but the time will "be cut short", so that the sake of the "elect", or "no life would have been "saved". Only the grass was "all" burned up. (Rev 8:7) .
An hour in time could be considered a short period. Although your 2040 does coincide with that of Isaac Newton's prediction. Everything is set on the table except the Mt 24:14, which can happen in the stroke of an "enter" key.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-10-2014 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: Red is reserved for mod cuts within posts. Using any other color is okay. Thanks!

Old 03-09-2014, 04:46 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,527,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniPearl View Post
However, I did want to point out that there will be a post-trib rapture and when the church is raptured there will be people left on earth.
Which post-trib view to you profess to? Classic postribulation, semiclassic, futuristic, or dispensational?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity