Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 02:36 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Matthew 25:30-46, John 3:36, Mark 4:12 Jesus spoke these, that is what my Bible says.

Satan claims otherwise.

We'll see just who is the one that is ensnared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lol.
Jesus' reply to scoffers: ^^^^
John 8:47
Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

Matthew 25:30-46, John 3:36, Mark 4:12 Jesus spoke these
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 02:39 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,397,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Amen. Paul makes it quite clear:
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness.
They probably cut that verse out of their Bibles.

Of course, but Jesus draws a distinction between those who are 'brothers and sisters' and 'tax collectors and pagans'. Jesus said, bring them in front of 'the church' meaning those who are one body as believers. The unrepentant sinner is no longer a part of that body until they repent.

No we just understand that the OT writers wrote what they believed about God and then Jesus came along and corrected them. you have heard it was said, but I say unto you. Thus the scriptures are used for CORRECTION.

So how are we to treat them until they repent? are we to ignore them? hate them? speak bad of them? or are we to love them. Loving them is the only way to regain your brother.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:42 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,397,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I value your opinion, pneuma, and it's an interesting topic. I'm thinking that it might be too much of a rabbit trail for this thread though? Perhaps another thread, if you wish to discuss it further?
Hi sis, not necessary just an observation on my part. I just don't see anything that separates us from God as being necessary or a part of Gods plan.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:44 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The love that we use to test the Spirit of what is "written in ink" is agape love as described in 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount. That is the important love we are to produce for God.Nonsense. Jesus told us to "love each other." We cannot have ANY influence on someone we banish from our midst. That is giving up and unloving. Condemning, nagging and judging are equally ineffective. BEING what Christ demonstrated and letting our "fruits" speak for us is the only way to reach others.
Quote:
Then explain the teachings of Jesus in Matthew.
I have already done so . . . but it seems to have had no effect or impact on your hardened heart.
Quote:
I will follow the example and word of Christ, but it is not found in your imagination, only in the Word of God, which is a lamp to our feet and a light to our paths.
Except that you mistake the Bible for the word of God when Christ is the Living Word of God and He abides with us. You clearly do NOT believe that or you would trust the Comforter to lead you to the truth God has "written in our hearts" without worrying about what the words "written in ink" and stone say.

John 5:39-40 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

39 `Ye search the Writings, because ye think in them to have life age-during, and these are they that are testifying concerning Me;
40 and ye do not will to come unto Me, that ye may have life;

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 John 2:27 (King James Version)

27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:45 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Amazing. How did I know you would leave out verse 5?
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.
Jesus is teaching about hypocrisy. In fact, he clearly states here that you should remove the speck out of your brothers eye, just not if you are guilty of the same. Do you disagree with this teaching of Jesus as well? Perhaps we should start keeping a list of all of Jesus' teaching that you disagree with?
Oh please, Jesus is not saying to take a plank out of your own eye to remove a speck of dust from your brothers eye, how absolutely absurd is that. Do you not see that someone with the speck of dust in his eye is the one taking the plank out of his brothers eye?. Not only does he remove the plank but he does it righteously, how? By faith and how does faith work ?, by calling/ seeing that which is not as though it is.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen (the speck of dust in your brothers eye) but on what is unseen (how you would like to see him) , since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (Stop looking at the temporal thing but give your attention to the accomplished word of God).

Old 06-30-2014, 02:47 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
All of the condemned will see "those who are blessed by my Father before the creation of the world" enter heaven and they themselves will not. Matthew 25:30-46

As far as they way you see it, it is as Jesus said:
“ â€they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!
’ ”
there is no love from God (John 3:36) where there is no "turn and be forgiven".
To say otherwise is not from the one who spoke the truth.
Okay, you little ray of sunshine, you.

For God so loved the world, Twin, for God so loved the world ... that while we were yet enemies, God reconciled us.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:48 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hi sis, not necessary just an observation on my part. I just don't see anything that separates us from God as being necessary or a part of Gods plan.
I don't believe physical death separates us. Perhaps physical incarnation, but not physical death. Okay, not another word.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:49 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,255,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
No we just understand that the OT writers wrote what they believed about God and then Jesus came along and corrected them. you have heard it was said, but I say unto you. Thus the scriptures are used for CORRECTION.

So how are we to treat them until they repent? are we to ignore them? hate them? speak bad of them? or are we to love them. Loving them is the only way to regain your brother.
Again, you do not understand that love take many different forms and can encompass a multitude of actions. You love them always, just as a parent loves their children, but Jesus says and I agree that they must be set apart from the body as a single sheep leaves the flock. You seem to think that love would be acting as if the sinful life is not happening, to ignore it. Read the Words of God for that is not love and not how we are taught to treat our brothers and sisters.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:49 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Jesus' reply to scoffers: ^^^^
John 8:47
Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

Matthew 25:30-46, John 3:36, Mark 4:12 Jesus spoke these
Lol. Your beliefs and handed down traditions are the reason God is on the outside knocking. But you still refuse to accept that he is not saying if any man hears the bible and that in fact he is saying if any man hear my voice. That still small voice that witnesses to the truth( the reality of God).

Old 06-30-2014, 02:52 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,255,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Oh please, Jesus is not saying to take a plank out of your own eye to remove a speck of dust from your brothers eye, how absolutely absurd is that. Do you not see that someone with the speck of dust in his eye is the one taking the plank out of his brothers eye?. Not only does he remove the plank but he does it righteously, how? By faith and how does faith work ?, by calling/ seeing that which is not as though it is.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen (the speck of dust in your brothers eye) but on what is unseen (how you would like to see him) , since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (Stop looking at the temporal thing but give your attention to the accomplished word of God).
Jesus says and I agree that believers are to hold each other accountable in our lives. It is such a simple statement that doesn't need a paragraph of double-speak. You have not explained away the clear teachings of our Lord.

Love without truth is hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity