Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2016, 06:09 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Knowing this to be the case, beyond a shadow of a doubt, I choose not to get sucked any further into it.
I will keep following as long as he keeps posting. I think he is beginning to understand that he can't hide behind a flurry of words and pointless questions.

AND it is fascinating to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 06:12 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Finn, what do you think we mean by authority when we contrast the Bible and the Spirit? Authority for what you believe, the basis for your understanding.

I find it interesting that you wait until now to ask what we mean by authority when everything you have said was wrong with what we say has been clearly explained in a way that even you can nunderstand and not wiggle out of.

Your casting around for ways to hide is fascinating.
We?

You and Pleroo are not saying the same thing, so who is 'we'? I was asking Pleroo to explain her view. I didn't ask you anything, but its cute that you always want to explain things for other people, even what you have no clue what they actually said.

She said she will not explain it, which is not surprising since it really didn't make any sense. End of story.

Jesus Christ is my authority, so you shove your lies about who, or what my authority is.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:17 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
I will keep following as long as he keeps posting. I think he is beginning to understand that he can't hide behind a flurry of words and pointless questions.

AND it is fascinating to watch.
Carry on.

You are a patient man.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:19 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We?

You and Pleroo are not saying the same thing, so who is 'we'? I was asking Pleroo to explain her view. I didn't ask you anything, but its cute that you always want to explain things for other people, even what you have no clue what they actually said.

She said she will not explain it, which is not surprising since it really didn't make any sense. End of story.

Jesus Christ is my authority, so you shove your lies about who, or what my authority is.
No, Finn, Jesus Christ is NOT your authority because you don't even believe the promise He made recorded in the book you have MADE into your authority for what you believe. Jesus did not promise a book, He promised a Spirit and the Spirit confirms that promise as anyone who has encountered that Spirit will confirm. The only reason for NOT believing that promise I can see is failure to encounter that Spirit.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
We?

So if Jesus Christ is your authority why do you get your knickers in a twist and get yourself all bent out of shape with those who say the spirit not the bible is their authority and guide ?.
Of are you playing the politician and being economical with the truth and meaning Jesus Christ through the bible is your authority ?.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
No, Finn, Jesus Christ is NOT your authority
Yes He is, but feel free to declare otherwise else if it makes you feel better.

Is it fun for you to lie about what other people believe, or who their authority is even after they already explained their view? It must be since you make a hobby out of doing it.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:51 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

Amen, nate!!! What do they think an authority is if not the last uncontradicted word!!! I swear, the lack of thought, logic and reason is endemic to these fundies.
Quote:
Why are you pretending not to understand,Finn, when it has been explained in detail so many times. When there is a conflict between what God has "written in our hearts" in agape love under the guidance of the Comforter (Spirit) and what is "written in ink" in the Bible, which do you consider the final authority???? If you say the Bible, then you are making the Bible the authority over the Spirit.
Quote:
That is what I thought she said, but she denied it.
Now I am asking that she meant. Clearly you do not know either since you are still thinking it was about "authority over the Spirit".
Quote:
Nate is saying some people make the Bible authority over the Spirit, and that is what I thought you were also saying, but then you said it is not the case. You and Nate are not saying the same thing.
Please explain what you mean.
What Nate and Mystic are saying is weird, because they keep trying to tell others what they believe, or what their authority is, and always get it wrong.
What nate, Pleroo and I mean is exactly the same thing and you know it. It has nothing to do with telling anyone what their authority is. It is asking them what their authority is when the Bible contradicts the Spirit.
Quote:
How typical of you to say something which makes no sense, and they refuse to explain it.
You talked about people making he Bible the authority, which I assumed meant making it the authority over the Spirit, which is what Nate and Mystic keep saying, but then you said this, which seems to deny the claim:
So, what do you mean by the authority? Authority over what?
Quote:
We?
Then when the Bible says something that is inconsistent with the Spirit that Jesus represents you will say the Bible is wrong. Is that true, Finn???? You see it has always been about asking you What your authority IS, the Spirit or the Bible and you have been ducking and dodging the question while complaining that we were telling you what your authority is.

Old 08-06-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
You see it has always been about asking you What your authority IS, the Spirit or the Bible and you have been ducking and dodging the question while complaining that we were telling you what your authority is.
I flat out said Jesus Christ is my authority, so you are not being honest (as usual).

Of course your dear "team mate" came back to declare that Jesus is not my authority. That's the game here isn't it? You like to declare who believes what, and what people actually say is meaningless.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:02 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:

Well...there it is. SMH. Claiming Jesus Christ as authority AND telling someone to shove it in the same sentence. This is a terrific example of why non-believers point and laugh at Christians.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:07 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
What nate, Pleroo and I mean is exactly the same thing and you know it. It has nothing to do with telling anyone what their authority is. It is asking them what their authority is when the Bible contradicts the Spirit.
Then when the Bible says something that is inconsistent with the Spirit that Jesus represents you will say the Bible is wrong. Is that true, Finn???? You see it has always been about asking you What your authority IS, the Spirit or the Bible and you have been ducking and dodging the question while complaining that we were telling you what your authority is.
Jesus Christ is the bible, but no fundamentist would ever admit that is what they mean. If Jesus Christ is his authority then why does he need the bible ?.

Why does he say such things like " show me something something something spiritual that cannot be found in the bible"?.if Jesus Christ is authority he would never say such a stupid thing.We all know that the bible is his authority he knows it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity