Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do people have to die a physical death?
Romans 5:12 (because of sin) 12 46.15%
Death is a natural part of life, nothing to do with sin or God 4 15.38%
God requires it, so all men can enter His presence 6 23.08%
People can choose to not die 2 7.69%
There is no God, we die because that is how earth replenishes itself 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:29 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

I think it is pretty well explained in 1 Cor 15:35-58

1 Corinthians 15:35-58 (King James Version)

35But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?
36Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
37And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
39All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
40There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:47 AM

153 posts, read 150,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Our physical death is the end of our "spiritual pregnancy" begun at our physical birth. Our embryo Spirits are reborn upon our physical death as Spirit. That is why it is necessary. No pregnancy lasts forever.
? ????????????????????

Old 07-04-2014, 07:15 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
What fundamentalist Christianity cannot seem to grasp is that God set natural laws of order into place and natural law, working on a random basis, are what govern this universe. That's why prayer doesn't work (with rare exceptions) why, in spite of unceasing prayers, babies by the millions all over the world die in horrible ways every year; why good people Christians, Hindus, Buddhists are wiped out by the hundreds of thousands when a random tsunami or earthquake or typhoon or mudslide hits; why you narrowly avoid a car accident one moment and say, "Thank you, Lord" only to be killed a few minute later when a diesel truck rams into you.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how the natural laws operate and there isn't to anyone---except God. He always places the natural order first and the supernatural order second in His dealings with earth. Babies are sin-free yet they die anyway. It's the natural order of things that a certain percentage of babies, 1 YO's, 2 YO's, 3 YO's are going to die of disease, auto accidents, starvation, etc. and a certain percentage are going to survive. Darwin's law of survival of the fittest is a God-made law very much in operation.

The original sin-thing was invented by the RCC to promote the agenda of selling indulgences for $$$'s and for theological advantages and it was later adopted by Luther, a former RC with enough psychological problems to keep an army of psychiatrist busy for ten lifetimes. That is why a concept as ridiculous as original sin has survived to this day.
You hit it on the head, Trillobyte. I can't believe the number of people here who actually think that humans didn't die before there was sin. Despite the fact that all other species die natural deaths. Despite fossil remains of humans from tens of thousands of years ago. The passages that folks quote about death coming through Adam, a fictional character in a parable, just serve to strengthen my view that most of the Bible is allegorical in nature and not meant to be read literally.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:27 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You keep showing me other people's words and not Jesus'! Don you understand ingils? I want to see Jesus' own words that man inherited Adam's sin! I don't accept man's manufactured doctrine based on whatever biases and beliefs they had. I accept only Jesus' words as authoritative.
oh ... of course. John 3:6 isn't Jesus' words.
Well, all I read from you is nothing but man's manufactured doctrine based on whatever biases and beliefs.

You really should stop making pcamps out to be at least naive when he stated that nobody here rejects the Bible.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:53 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
oh ... of course. John 3:6 isn't Jesus' words.
Well, all I read from you is nothing but man's manufactured doctrine based on whatever biases and beliefs.

You really should stop making pcamps out to be at least naive when he stated that nobody here rejects the Bible.
As usual you talk more cryptically than Jesus prophecies from the Old Testament, twin. All John 3:6 says is that flesh is flesh and spirit is spirit.

You're shooting with blank cartridges, twin. If you have nothing from Jesus about Adam and original sin and man inheriting original sin, just admit it.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Death, or the state of dying is a natural part of life; but we walk not by sight, or the fear of the unknown.
I have no intention of wondering in the wilderness of sin and death, as orchestrated by men and their religions.

"Faith is not a matter of believing; it's knowing."

Old 07-04-2014, 02:00 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Death, or the state of dying is a natural part of life; but we walk not by sight, or the fear of the unknown.
I have no intention of wondering in the wilderness of sin and death, as orchestrated by men and their religions.

It seems natural because everyone has been sentenced to the same fate.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A system of punishments and rewards?

Old 07-04-2014, 02:16 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Dying is not much of a reward, especially if it is a painful one. What comes after life is another story.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dying is not much of a reward, especially if it is a painful one. What comes after life is another story.
But you carry the concept of punishment, thus death becomes painful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity