Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 03:24 PM

119 posts, read 172,773 times

Advertisements

have sex with? was it Eve or did they have a sister? if it was a sister then what was her name and was she older than them? if it was the mother then how old were they and how old was Eve? If it was Eve then how did Adam feel about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 03:48 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,983,756 times
it's an allegory, skippy

Old 07-19-2014, 04:57 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRobert View Post
have sex with? was it Eve or did they have a sister? if it was a sister then what was her name and was she older than them? if it was the mother then how old were they and how old was Eve? If it was Eve then how did Adam feel about it?
Sisters or nieces and that is all we know.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:05 PM

553 posts, read 595,664 times
Even a casual reading of Bible geneologies will show you that women were seldom mentioned. A little familiarty with Scripture will show that this is true of the Bible as a whole, and a little study of History will reveal that this is merely typical of the vast majority of records from Antiquity. You're more likely to find out who invented the wheel.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:11 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRobert View Post
So you believe that God created the entire Universe from nothing just by speaking it into existence, but can't populate the Earth?

He's God, and in Him all things are possible. Just because the Scipture doesn't tell us how, we can be sure that God made it happen.
Can you find out the deep things of God?
Can you find out the limit of the Almighty?
~ Job 11:7

Old 07-19-2014, 05:49 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
Johnny, I have a totally different view from the traditional view. this is it. Cain meet his wife from the Children whom Adam and Eve had in the Garden before the fall. which eliminate the sons of God in chapter 6 as angels. No, Cain, nor Able had sex with their Mother Eve, at least according to the bible. if one will notice, the bible is written to the fallen line of Adam. the Children that Adam and Eve had in the Garden before the fall is in no way anatomical different from the fallen line after the Spiritual fall, according to the flesh. but the difference is according to the Spirit. example today, in a Spirit filled christian marring a none Spirit person. anatomical, no difference, other words, a saved marring an unsaved person.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Johnny, I have a totally different view from the traditional view. this is it. Cain meet his wife from the Children whom Adam and Eve had in the Garden before the fall. which eliminate the sons of God in chapter 6 as angels. No, Cain, nor Able had sex with their Mother Eve, at least according to the bible. if one will notice, the bible is written to the fallen line of Adam. the Children that Adam and Eve had in the Garden before the fall is in no way anatomical different from the fallen line after the Spiritual fall, according to the flesh. but the difference is according to the Spirit. example today, in a Spirit filled christian marring a none Spirit person. anatomical, no difference, other words, a saved marring an unsaved person.
This runs completely contrary to what the Scripture says. Cain and Abel were born in Genesis 4, after the fall. There is no record of children before the fall and no record that Eve had relations with Cain or Abel.

Adam and Eve were the first humans, lived a long life, had many children and those children inter-married and bore new children.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:22 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
This runs completely contrary to what the Scripture says. Cain and Abel were born in Genesis 4, after the fall. There is no record of children before the fall and no record that Eve had relations with Cain or Abel.

Adam and Eve were the first humans, lived a long life, had many children and those children inter-married and bore new children.
The scriptures clearly say that they had children in the Garden before the fall, one only need to see Spiritually.

A. Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. take note, one cannot increase, or multiply something unless it have happen. that’s like saying I’m going to increase my speed in the car, and haven even move an inch. read the scripture again, God give information right in front of our faces and yet we still don’t see.

B. Genesis 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
was is a past tense designation, meaning she was already a mother. one don’t call someone mother unless she have children. not going to have children as some translation try to explain it. no the name “EVE” itself tell us that she is already a mother, and note, the Mother of “all Living”. because now, of sin, every child she produce from hence forth is Spiritually “DEAD”. that's why she WAS the Mother of all “LIVING”. and that name, "EVE", itself tell us she had children. I suggest one read carefully these passages in the genesis account.

be blessed.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
The scriptures clearly say that they had children in the Garden before the fall, one only need to see Spiritually.

A. Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. take note, one cannot increase, or multiply something unless it have happen. that’s like saying I’m going to increase my speed in the car, and haven even move an inch. read the scripture again, God give information right in front of our faces and yet we still don’t see.

There is no necessity for past events to introduce multiplicity. Your argument is flawed. God had a perfect plan for childbirth before the fall and He had the knowledge of what that would entail. It hadn't happen yet, but God was telling them that the sorrow will now be increased many-fold.

If I plan on giving you five dollars, you don't have to know the amount I'm giving you in order for me to tell you, "I plan on doubling the amount of money I am going to give you."

Also, the Bible records the birth of Cain and Abel, you would have to come up with a plausible explanation as to why the previous births were ignored.

All told, the Bible is clear that Cain and Abel were the first children.

Quote:
B.
Quote:
Genesis 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
was is a past tense designation, meaning she was already a mother. one don’t call someone mother unless she have children. not going to have children as some translation try to explain it. no the name “EVE” itself tell us that she is already a mother, and note, the Mother of “all Living”. because now, of sin, every child she produce from hence forth is Spiritually “DEAD”. that's why she WAS the Mother of all “LIVING”. and that name, "EVE", itself tell us she had children. I suggest one read carefully these passages in the genesis account.

be blessed.
The entire book of Genesis is written in the past tense. This means it is being told from a point after the events.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:37 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:

B. Genesis 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

be blessed.
Both verses came after the fall as to events. The multiply and fill was something they were to do and did, after the Fall.

The "called", etc was past tense from Moses who recorded the information. No children before the Fall.

Notice the calling her Eve also occurred after the Fall not before?

After all, if so, then that entire righteous line perished in the flood as Noah and his family were from children after the Fall. Plus no mention of such and definitely not the sons of God in Noah's day or they would have survived the flood.

Real spiritual discernment sees her a mother only after the Fall and in agreement with scripture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity