Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2014, 12:08 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,790,047 times

Advertisements

It is the righteous who go off to eternal life as Jesus said. Scripture says the righteous or just mans mouth speaks wisdom which is the word of God. Says nothing about the righteous and agape love. The OT and Jesus speaks of serving the Lord and announcing His salvation ,justice and glory. To speak the truth, God's word.

"Open up the gates to let in a nation that is just ,one that keeps faith", says the Lord

"The just man will live because of his faithfulness."

"The just mans mouth speaks wisdom and his tongue does what is right the law of his God is in his heart, he does not stumble."

"Sing to the Lord a new song, sing to the Lord, bless His name all the earth. Announce His salvation day after day tell His glory among the nation's, His wonderous deeds to all people."

"Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously, and let honesty and peace be at your gates."

"Let the man who has my word ,speak my word ,and speak the truth."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 12:20 PM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The question is simple, and no one answered. The whole point is that love per se is not scorned upon, but your faulty view of God is questioned. If your view was correct, God would love everything, even murder, but that is obviously not the case.
Is God a loving God? Is God love? Yes, and I have not heard anyone claim otherwise (contrary to camps claims)
Does he love murder? No. He takes no pleasure in suffering.
Does He love sin? No.
Is He just? Yes.
Very good. Now you simply need to realize that while God does NOT love murder or sin . . . He does NOT HATE them either. They grieve Him . . . because He sees the beginning from the end and knows we will reap what we sow. He loves even the torturers and murderers who scourged and crucified His Son!!!
Quote:
Your view redefines God into something who loves even murder, which is why your view is questioned. Love is not questioned, your view is. God gave His only son for our sins, which proves His love for us. No one denies it.
NO.NO. NO!!! You seem to be pre-programmed to misunderstand agape love. What causes your confusion is the silly idea that God required such horrendous scourging and crucifixion of His Son to appease Himself for the felonies and misdemeanors of humankind!!! THAT would be hateful!!! But that is NOT God and God did NOT require it. He tolerated our ancestors' savagery and barbarity . . . as did Jesus . . . in agape love for us all . . . because they knew not what they did.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:21 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Quote:
Indeed. "Fear Him" is a description of His power and might. Unfortunately it seems some people are more interested in arguing than understanding the views of others.
Do you fear Jesus Christ who is the power and might of God ?.

This personal relationship with God is a complete bunch of baloney while you are hold on to these primitive beliefs about a tribal god to be feared or afraid of.

If orthodox christianity feared this god in th way it claims it would be without eyes and limbs. Is it any wonder they created the OSAS doctrine to appease their fear.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:06 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you fear Jesus Christ who is the power and might of God ?.

This personal relationship with God is a complete bunch of baloney while you are hold on to these primitive beliefs about a tribal god to be feared or afraid of.

If orthodox christianity feared this god in th way it claims it would be without eyes and limbs. Is it any wonder they created the OSAS doctrine to appease their fear.
I could repeat what I said and hope you'd get it the second time, but I think its easier if you just reread what I already said.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:24 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Quote:
Why are you not open enough to consider that when it says fear it should be translated revere or respect ?.
Kudos to posters like you who have the energy and stamina to stand up for God against the sad ignorance continually spouted here.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I could repeat what I said and hope you'd get it the second time, but I think its easier if you just reread what I already said.
Cop out. I have not even asked you that question. I am not letting you off that lightly, I will ask you again do you fear Jesus Christ ?. And while you are at it can you explain what there is no fear in love and perfect love cast out all fear, the same love(not fear) we are called to abide in, means to you?. And no you have not answered this question because this is the first time i have asked this one too.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:36 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Cop out. I have not even asked you that question. I am not letting you off that lightly, I will ask you again do you fear Jesus Christ ?. And while you are at it can you explain what there is no fear in love and perfect love cast out all fear, the same love(not fear) we are called to abide in, means to you?. And no you have not answered this question because this is the first time i have asked this one too.
Read posts 93 and 101 Your confusion stems from your failure to see the difference between fear (reverence/respect) and being afraid. Ironically you had it right for a while, and then you proved you are still confused.

Quote:
Pcamps: This personal relationship with God is a complete bunch of baloney while you are hold on to these primitive beliefs about a tribal god to be feared or afraid of.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:44 PM

987 posts, read 1,120,375 times
God does not hate us. He provided for our salvation BEFORE He even made the universe. He is NOT holding our sins against us. We are to share the GOSPEL.....good news for ALL people, not just all sorts of people or all nationalities, but EACH person ever born.

Thanks Mystic. Justice, true justice stems from LOVE not HATE. This does not preclude discipline and the rod but it is for corrective purposes, not revenge or punishment without purpose other than the misery of the one it's imposed upon.

God is working out HIS purpose and plans regardless of what we arrogant humans presume to believe.

Fear NOT.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Read posts 93 and 101 Your confusion stems from your failure to see the difference between fear (reverence/respect) and being afraid. Ironically you had it right for a while, and then you proved you are still confused.
Quote:
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

The whole truth matters. We do not need to fear earthly things, even those which can kill us.
You have not answered the question, as usual you are you playing the politician and using fear and reverence when it suits you. Fear is not reverent respect. Fear is fear. Reverent respect is reverent respect. Being afraid does not stem from reverence it stems from fear

My question is do you fear Jesus Christ ?.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:54 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,256,175 times
John talks about God's perfect love that caused Him to send Jesus to die for us and it is that love that casts out the fear of judgement. The reason we should not fear God's judgement is because we are sanctified by Christ. Read all of Chapter 4 and you will see the love of God that John is talking about.

A few verses later John writes,
Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.
If you love God, you will keep His commandments. This does not mean we should not fear God because He should be feared in a healthy positive way baca use of His power and majesty. There is not a single man who could look upon God without falling to their knees in fear and worship.

God is love. God is just. God is fair. God is true. God never changes.

I love God with all my heart and He loves me. The fact that you constantly question this is simply beyond me. Like I said, God has many attributes and love is only one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity