Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 11:23 PM

348 posts, read 294,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Perversely the truly satanic twist that makes this moot are the "precepts and doctrines of men" that have proclaimed everything in the OT to be from Christ. It testifies ABOUT Christ . . . but none of it was FROM Christ. This is the twisted trick that ensnares those who fail to see that Christ lifted the veil of ignorance from the OT by revealing the True Nature of God. He did NOT endorse the barbaric beliefs about God in it. He reinterpreted it using the context of our agape loving God.

Which faith is this or is above for effect and generating more of the emotionalism ?

Old 08-06-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Amen brother's. I am afraid Warden and others are too far indoctrinated into the primitive War God mentality that plagued our ancestors under the veil of ignorance Christ came to lift. The God revealed by Christ is beyond their understanding because of the suffering in this world. Bart Erhman left his faith primarily because of it. Others seem to have embraced the lunacy in cognitive dissonance rejecting all contrary evidence and knowledge.
I read the posts as well and you guys are not representing the written entries in a fair way. Also there is no Amen brothers when there is a premise which acts in celebrating a fellow person or Christian out-side. Thats not Amen.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophronius View Post
Oh hi and thanks but last time I explained , and I don't mind at all , but you all took off and did not reply.
I made an effort to answer your question posed to me?

Quote:
Perversely the truly satanic twist that makes this moot are the "precepts and doctrines of men" that have proclaimed everything in the OT to be from Christ. It testifies ABOUT Christ . . . but none of it was FROM Christ. This is the twisted trick that ensnares those who fail to see that Christ lifted the veil of ignorance from the OT by revealing the True Nature of God. He did NOT endorse the barbaric beliefs about God in it. He reinterpreted it using the context of our agape loving God.
Quote:
Which faith is this or is above for effect and generating more of the emotionalism ?
Let me ask you something?
Is this written for effect?

Psalms 137:9
Happy is the one who seizes your infants; and dashes them against the rocks.

I mentioned previously, in another post that not every thought of man comes from God?
Much of the Old Testament is merely the perceptions of men, or their expressions.

In addition, Job is a literary writing, as man attempts to explain "why bad things happen."
Just because a writer shifts between the third or first person, does not mean it comes from God?

Old 08-06-2014, 11:54 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hitler believed in God, he was RCC. who are you to say who is and is not a believer in Jesus Christ.

Paul believed in God and killed people in the name of God thinking to do God a service, and history is full of people who have done the same. Look at the atrocities that the RCC committed, all in the name of God. I suppose you would say those popes were not believers in Jesus Christ also.

was God behind all those killings, absolutely not, yet according to your understanding God was behind everything Hitler did. it simply is a crazy belief you hold to.
Hitler was not a child of God because of --

Mark 3:35
Matthew 7:20
Luke 8:21
Revelation 21:8
are just a few.

Of course, leaders of denominations---and not solely the leaders of the Catholic Church--have used religion to foster plans to exterminate people. They are in the same boat with Hitler headed toward the same eternal destruction--unless, of course, you believe they will be your next door neighbors in paradise.

Paul repented of what he had done.

YLT 7:21-23
Quote:
'Not every one who is saying to me Lord, lord, shall come into the reign of the heavens; but he who is doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens.' Many will say to me in that day, Lord, lord, have we not in thy name prophesied? and in thy name cast out demons? and in thy name done many mighty things? and then I will acknowledge to them, that -- I never knew you, depart from me ye who are working lawlessness.
YLT 7:2
Quote:
for in what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged, and in what measure ye measure, it shall be measured to you.
This is a problem for universalists because most do not believe people will be judged in the same manner and in the same measure that they themselves judge. While everyone likes to quote "God is love," no one wishes to discuss the other words of Jesus that not everyone who says, "Lord, Lord," will be sitting beside Him (depart from me ye who are working lawlessness). And no one can reconcile being judged by the measure that you judge others with "God is love." So it's conveniently overlooked or downplayed. It is basically equivocation with scripture as opposed to understanding God is complex and our simple minds will never be able to "figure" Him out.

Just how many thematic messages from the Bible can you be given, but still reject the premise that God sometimes uses tragic events to work out His own purposes on this earth? He is God, but all I hear are people saying, "No, the message of the ancients--and your message of personal testimony Warden, are simply wrong. I want to believe what I believe and no amount of history or testimony will make me see differently."

You must remake history for your own purpose and you must deny the testimony of those who have seen the hand of God working through tragedy.

You must stand before God and tell Him that His purposes in this world were evil and you did not accept them, rather than humbling yourself before God and recognizing that the Ground for all Being is the decision-maker either explicitly or permissively with Christians. When Christians are caught up in the evil produced by other men--like Hitler (think martyred Dietrich Bonnhoeffer, a German theologian opposed to Hitler)--then it is God's permissive will. And Bonhoeffer's death made his writings popular following WWII. Because, as Bonhoeffer pointed out, there is a Cost to Discipleship. God used Bonhoeffer's death to accomplish His own purpose in bringing me to view the walk with Christ as not a pleasure run, but one fraught with danger.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 08-07-2014 at 12:09 AM..

Old 08-06-2014, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

I mentioned previously, in another post that not every thought of man comes from God?
Much of the Old Testament is merely the perceptions of men, or their expressions.

In addition, Job is a literary writing, as man attempts to explain "why bad things happen."
Just because a writer shifts between the third or first person, does not mean it comes from God?

okay thanks I was reading something, will get back in a minute.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:

1)

First sentence above, Happy is the one.......

reply : I'm not a Bible expert however, its noticed the sentence is without any accompanying context.

2)

Second sentence above, I mentioned previously ....

reply : to be honest I don't think the relays exactly have to do with OT-NT. An OT-NT is another subject .

3)

Third sentence above , In addition , Job...

reply : can this be made more clear.

Last edited by Sophronius; 08-07-2014 at 12:16 AM..

Old 08-07-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
This is a problem for universalists because most do not believe people will be judged in the same manner and in the same measure that they themselves judge. While everyone likes to quote "God is love," no one wishes to discuss the other words of Jesus that not everyone who says, "Lord, Lord," will be sitting beside Him (depart from me ye who are working lawlessness). And no one can reconcile being judged by the measure that you judge others with "God is love." So it's conveniently overlooked or downplayed. It is basically equivocation with scripture as opposed to understanding God is complex and our simple minds will never be able to "figure" Him out.
Who's words will condemn us?

Old 08-07-2014, 12:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:
1)

First sentence above, Happy is the one.......

reply : I'm not a Bible expert however, its noticed the sentence is without any accompanying context.
Regardless of the context, would it make you happy to see babies dashed against the rocks?

Quote:
2)

Second sentence above, I mentioned previously ....

reply : to be honest I don't think the relays exactly have to do with OT-NT. An OT-NT is another subject.
It has everything to do with one's understanding of them, after all it's a Christian forum?

Quote:
3)

Third sentence above , In addition , Job...

reply : can this be made more clear.
When mankind has no answers, he merely refers to the blame game.

"It's the woman you gave me, or the devil made me do it?"

It can also come in the form of: Gods testing me, through pain and suffering ...?
Personally, I never inflict my children with pain and suffering in order for them to mature; but I do comfort them.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-07-2014 at 12:47 AM..

Old 08-07-2014, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Regardless of the context, would it make you happy to see babies dashed against the rocks?

It has everything to do with one's understanding of them, after all it's a Christian forum?

When mankind has no answers, he merely refers to the blame game.

"It's the woman you gave me, or the devil made me do it?"

It can also come in the form of: Gods testing me, through pain and suffering ...?
Personally, I never inflict my children with pain and suffering in order for them to mature; but I do comfort them.
Well its not altogether a blame game , people like to know how to avoid repeat disappointments, blaming things on themselves , others, random occurrence's and combinations could be a process of elimination for some. Sometimes and I knew a person about 20 years ago, his girlfriend complained bitterly when something happened he would continuously blame himself no matter what, ( true and nothing wierd about the guy, smart-etc,) so point being this is entering into relative sketchy stuff where no real point can be made. Unless things are explained and sketched out in a usual way for a subject matter. Pain and suffering is a property of life , in some areas pain or discomfort strengthens, its seen in all life including vegetation, an unexpected cold winter followed by good vibrancy in the spring. As far as God goes , this would have to do with the interior life for spiritual people which means mental prayer and an association , a relationship.

Last edited by Sophronius; 08-07-2014 at 01:24 AM..

Old 08-07-2014, 03:21 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Hitler was not a child of God because of --

Mark 3:35
Matthew 7:20
Luke 8:21
Revelation 21:8
are just a few.

Of course, leaders of denominations---and not solely the leaders of the Catholic Church--have used religion to foster plans to exterminate people. They are in the same boat with Hitler headed toward the same eternal destruction--unless, of course, you believe they will be your next door neighbors in paradise.

Paul repented of what he had done.

YLT 7:21-23

YLT 7:2

Just how many thematic messages from the Bible can you be given, but still reject the premise that God sometimes uses tragic events to work out His own purposes on this earth? He is God, but all I hear are people saying, "No, the message of the ancients--and your message of personal testimony Warden, are simply wrong. I want to believe what I believe and no amount of history or testimony will make me see differently."

You must remake history for your own purpose and you must deny the testimony of those who have seen the hand of God working through tragedy.

You must stand before God and tell Him that His purposes in this world were evil and you did not accept them, rather than humbling yourself before God and recognizing that the Ground for all Being is the decision-maker either explicitly or permissively with Christians. When Christians are caught up in the evil produced by other men--like Hitler (think martyred Dietrich Bonnhoeffer, a German theologian opposed to Hitler)--then it is God's permissive will. And Bonhoeffer's death made his writings popular following WWII. Because, as Bonhoeffer pointed out, there is a Cost to Discipleship. God used Bonhoeffer's death to accomplish His own purpose in bringing me to view the walk with Christ as not a pleasure run, but one fraught with danger.
It seems to me because God is complex to you, that you are not grounded in anything other than assumptions, how can you not be?. Have you thought about going to him has a little child ?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity