Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2014, 05:15 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,402 times

Advertisements

Once again, these passages are either not referring to salvation, or are referring to all men being given the opportunity to have their sins taken away. Seriously, why do you still believe this when it is so clear to be false?
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness.’

Old 08-24-2014, 05:58 PM

14,884 posts, read 17,164,304 times
I understand where you are coming from, JJ Maxx. I use to have your perspective also but I am thankful that God opened my eyes to see that nothing is impossible for Him and that whatever He purposes to do will be done. God opened my eyes and my heart 12 years ago, after about two years of researching the scriptures to see what is presented. So I understand. Translational errors over the years have made their impact. The majority of the early church believed that all would be restored to God one day. I am grateful that God allowed me to come to know this in this age. God bless.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:11 PM

Philippians 3:20-21
But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like His glorious body, by the power that enables Him to subject all things to Himself

God is able to subject all things to Himself, including all wills and all hearts. They were made for Him and He knows exactly what it will take to bring all to their knees. We can come today willingly (which is God's work anyway) or we will be made willing to come. Love never fails.

Notes

The Bible never says that God will withhold asserting his own will to accomplish his plans. All who were disobedient to God will be actively SUBJECTED to Christ to be made alive in Christ, when death (including second death) is destroyed, leaving nothing left but Life.

It all culminates into the perfect end to God's plan.
http://mercifultruth.com/links-savedbygrace2.html

God bless.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I understand where you are coming from, JJ Maxx. I use to have your perspective also but I am thankful that God opened my eyes to see that nothing is impossible for Him and that whatever He purposes to do will be done. God opened my eyes and my heart 12 years ago, after about two years of researching the scriptures to see what is presented. So I understand. Translational errors over the years have made their impact. The majority of the early church believed that all would be restored to God one day. I am grateful that God allowed me to come to know this in this age. God bless.
False.

False.

...and false.

The Scriptures are clear that God 'purposed' for humanity to live in the perfect world He created and enjoy communion with Him for eternity. As we now know, that didn't happen. Why? Well, because God gave us free will, because he didn't want to make a bunch of robots. So what God desired of us did not transpire.

Did God desire the angels to fall? Of course not.

Yes, God can do what He wants, He is God after all. So what He 'purposed' was to give humans the free choice to choose Him or reject Him. We chose to reject Him, freely, against what God desired.

Also, God did not 'open your eyes and your heart' because now you reject God's Word and His teaching and God would never, never, never do that. Here's a tip: If you ever recieve a word from God that contradicts the Scripture... it isn't God. It's Satan.

What does Satan say? "Did God really say...?" This is his oldest trick! So when Satan slips into your head, "Did God really say only those who believe will be saved?" You should have answered 'Yes!' and rejected the snares of Satan!

I will repeat it again, hoping the Holy Spirit still stirs within you.
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
If what you believe is true, it would say differently! Why would God lie to us? According to you, John 3:16 should read as follows:
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone would have eternal life."
But it doesn't say that, does it? So either you are wrong, or God is wrong and I never bet against God. He is the truth.

And finally, there are no 'translation errors' in the Scripture. That is a lie. We have over 25,000 extant copies of the New Testament dating back to the first century! And guess what? They all match the Bible I have sitting right here in front of me. God has preserved His Word perfectly for 2000 years and His Word says that the righteous will enter heaven and the wicked will be judged for their rejection of God and be seperated for eternity. End of story.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:30 PM

We do know that all things have been made subject to Jesus, so there goes free will, JJ Maxx.

Hebrews 2
For He did not subject to angels [g]the world to come, concerning which we are speaking. 6 But one has testified somewhere, saying,

“What is man, that You remember him?
Or the son of man, that You are concerned about him?
“You have made him [h]for a little while lower than the angels;
You have crowned him with glory and honor,
[i]And have appointed him over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things in subjection under his feet.”
For in subjecting all things to him, He left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we do not yet see all things subjected to him. (NASB)

Man has a will but it is not totally free. The scriptures tell us in may places where God acted to influence the will of people. If everyone will one day confess Him and bow before Him willingly, we know that God will have brought about this change. God bless.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:32 PM

Everyone will eventually believe if they will confess Him. All will not confess Him today, in this age, but eventually they will. God has promised this, and so we know that He will accomplish whatever He has determined to do. Again, everyone does not have aionion life, the life pertaining to the ages, which was shared in an earlier post.

God bless.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Everyone will eventually believe if they will confess Him. All will not confess Him today, in this age, but eventually they will. God has promised this, and so we know that He will accomplish whatever He has determined to do. Again, everyone does not have aionion life, the life pertaining to the ages, which was shared in an earlier post.

God bless.
God has said no such thing, nor is it mentioned anywhere in Scripture. As it is, I am finished with this discussion as I can see that only the work of God on your heart can open your eyes. I pray that He will.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:39 PM

Isaiah 45

Indeed, let them consult together.
Who has announced this from of old?
Who has long since declared it?
Is it not I, the Lord?
And there is no other God besides Me,
A righteous God and a Savior;
There is none except Me.
“Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
“I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
“They will say of Me, ‘Only in the Lord are righteousness and strength.’
Men will come to Him,
And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.
“In the Lord all the offspring of Israel
Will be justified and will glory.”

I believe Paul when He says that God is able to subject all things to Himself. No "free will" of man will be able to say no to God forever. There is only one Sovereign will in the Universe and that belongs to God who works all things according to the counsel of His own will. (Ephesians 1) God bless.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:29 PM

Ephesians 1:
9 He made known to us (the church) the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him 10 with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things on the earth. In Him 11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, 12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory.

God's gracious disposition towards something, what God Himself does of His own good pleasure
what one wishes or has determined shall be done
of the purpose of God to bless mankind through Christ
of what God wishes to be done by us
commands, precepts
will, choice, inclination, desire, pleasure

NA Greek Lexicon, Hebrew/Greek Key Word Study

God bless.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:51 PM

These are just a few examples of how translations can differ in wording and meaning.

King James Version, 1611 spelled as in the original

Matthew 25:46, and 2) Revelation 20:10

1. And these shall goe away into euerlasting punishment : but the righteous into life eternall.
2. And the deuil that deceiued them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night, for euer and euer.

This version had thousands of differences in two printings within the same year.

Revised Version, 1881
1. And these shall go away into eternal punishment: but the righteous into eternal life.
2. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are also the beast and the false prophet; and they shall be tormented day and night* for ever and ever.

footnote in the Bible *Gr. unto the ages of the ages.

Emphatic Diaglott, 1942 edition (Greek\English Interlinear) (caps from the translation)
1. And these shall go forth to the aionian 1cutting-off; but the RIGHTEOUS to aionian Life.
2. And THAT ENEMY who deceived them was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE and Sulphur, where both the BEAST and FALSE-PROPHET [were cast,] and they will be tormented Day and Night for the AGES of the AGES.

The New Covenant, 1884
1. And these shall go away into aeonian chastisement, and the just into aeonian life.
2. And the accuser that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and sulphur, where both the beast and [the] false prophet [are], and they shall be tormented day and night to the aeons of the aeons.

Young's Literal Translation of the Holy Bible, 1898
1. And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.
2. and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night-to the ages of the ages

The Holy Bible In Modern English (Fenton), 1903
1. And these He will dismiss into a long correction, but the well-doers to an enduring life.
2. And the Devil who deceived them was hurled into the lake of Divine fire, where also were the beast and the false prophet; and they shall be tortured day and night through the ages of the ages

The New Testament of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Anointed, 1958
1. And these shall go away into agelasting cutting-off and the just into agelasting life.
2. And the accuser, the one deceiving them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where both the wild beast and the false prophet were cast; and they will be tormented day and night for the ages of the ages

This is why it is so important to research and see what the original languages of the scriptures say, in addition to seeing the context, and in light of the culture, background in which they were written, praying for guidance and understanding.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 08-25-2014 at 06:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity