Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2007, 02:18 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

NEW YORK — Kirk Franklin has no problem reminding his predominantly Christian audience that he is not the perfect Christian.

His gospel tunes often reflect the difficulty of keeping the faith in trying times. He's talked candidly about past struggles with temptation. And asked if he wanted relationship with his estranged father, he said: "You don't really want to know my answer — because my answer is going to be very un-Christian."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/religion/5394931.html (broken link)
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 06:28 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,699,705 times
Wow! Very good article to read. We all can relate some way or another as kirk Franklin. Maybe not in the same similarities, but spiritually. Pressing on no matter what we have come from. Trusting that God is faithful and will give us all that is needed to be free.

1Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

1Peter 5:10-11
But may the grace of God, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen

All grace: God is able to meet every need. Eternal glory contrasts with suffering which lasts for a while. God Himself will use suffering to develop our character.
Perfect: Make us all He wants us to be.
Establish: Make us steady and dependable.
Strength: Share with us His own strength.
Settle: Make us firm in the face of difficulties.
To Him be the glory: Praise God as the source of all blessings.

Blessings

Old 04-10-2008, 05:38 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,284,238 times
Well, frankly speaking I agree with Mr. Franklin,
Not only is it a fight , "to me it's a dog fight", with the odds stacked against me.
Fight from the fleshly desires is not easy...Amen
Sin is easy and it is fun....Amen
Dying to myself daily as Paul describes in one of His letters is hard, especially when I want to go off on someone who's hurting me.
Jesus said if I wanted to follow Him, I had to take up His cross daily....
Well I found that taking up this cross is no tip toe through the tulip experience;
My flesh hates it,but spiritually I am secure, comforted, and know pretty much how things will turn out in the end....
The manufacturer of the manual that I use, also said that if i pick up this cross to follow Him, I must then be treated like He was treated and not to expect much more than that from this world (incl. family and friends) which by the way have been my worst persecutors, those who are familiar with me, like "some of those sheep in wolves clothing( incl those in the church)... those that hate to know that you have changed for the better, that I no longer am treacherous as I used to be. Those that cannot stand for me to be humble and show humility....they turn up the persecution a notch..
So saying all of that to make this point, ... I was already told that "Yea though I walk through the valley.. and the shadow of death..I will fear no evil for thou art with me.."
Right there this let me know that this walk of faith will be a Hellish one; But God will be there with me to see me through it.. Not around, over it, under it,..but through it.
So that's what the fight is all about, my soul, my mind, my flesh.
And then it's not even about me..it's about the harvest.. so I won't whine even though it feels good to have a pity party once in awhile..Amen
But thanks be to Our Lord and Saviour for Romans 8......
"And we know these things, that if God be for us who can be against us???
In my natural mind that doesn't make sense, but in the Spirit everything is falling in place just like the manual said it would. (Bible)
Praise God for Christians!! and Bless Them O Lord who seek your face and not your hand.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:23 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,047,952 times
Yep. God likes honest people. He already knows how imperfect we are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity