Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 01:57 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Reaping what you sow is sufficient for justice. Eternal torment is beyond overkill . . . it is preposterous! Given the prophesy that says the majority would be anti-Christ apostate in the latter days . . . and these ARE the latter days . . . I wouldn't be so pleased to be in the majority if I were you. Christ's unambiguous agape love for us all is the opposite of everything you believe about God. That is about as anti-Christ as you can get. A boat is an inanimate object and cannot be a Savior. Lifeguards are saviors and the victims need to do nothing to be saved by them. Just as we need to do nothing to be saved by Christ. He did it all. It is finished. We just need to be sanctified under His love for us all through "love of God and each other" daily and repenting when we don't as Christ instructed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
If any Scripture backed up such a false and misleading doctrine, I might consider it. However, God has rejected your doctrine, and so do I.
You ignore and pretend that there is no scripture because you are blinded by dogma and the "precepts and doctrines of men" based on a primitive and savage misunderstanding of God's nature. That is why Jesus came to reveal the true nature of God and was rejected by our ignorant and barbaric ancestors. Sadly mainstream Christianity rejected His revelations about God's nature too. They retain the ignorant barbaric beliefs of our ancestors corrupting Christ's Gospel of love and reconciliation. The apostate anti-Christ Churches in these "latter days" carry a heavy burden.
Quote:
God is perfectly Holy and perfectly Just and our rejection of God is more than a universal parking ticket, which merits only a meager fine. As Russell Moore said, 'An insurrection against an infinitely worthy Creator is an infinitely heinous offense.' You simply cannot fathom the perfect holiness, righteousness and justness of God. Just like love, they are an unchangeable aspect of His divine nature.
What you are doing is substituting human wisdom and human justice and human ideas of love for God's authority. Yes, God is loving, kind and merciful but first and foremost he is holy and righteous and hates sin and wickedness. Those who reject God get their wish and become completely separated from Him for eternity, and will be fully conscious of their decision. It is the knowing that they do indeed deserve to be in hell for eternity that will torment them. No one in hell will ever question why they are there or if it is fair. They will know completely.
This is nothing but human vanity and hubris projected onto God under the veil of ignorance over reading the OT. It denies the New Covenant in favor of the Old "written in ink" and stone. It denies that Christ abides with us as the Living Word of God to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." It rejects the Comforter's guidance to what is "written in our hearts" by demanding that it conform to what is "written in ink" as interpreted in the "precepts and doctrines of men." It is a complete lack of faith in Christ the Living Word of God in favor of faith in words "written in ink." That is idolatry.
Quote:
Sound horrible? It is. But guess what? There is good news! God, in His infinite love and mercy sent His son Jesus to pay the infinite punishment for an infinite rejection of a divine God. If we confess our sin and place our faith in Jesus, asking for God’s forgiveness based on Christ’s sacrifice, we are saved, forgiven, cleansed, and promised an eternal home in heaven. God loved us so much that He provided the means for our salvation, but if we reject His gift of eternal life, we will face the eternal consequences of that decision.
This is the picture of a perfect, powerful, loving, righteous and just God.
This easy believism leads to complacency and will send you down the wide path . . . not the narrow one that is "love of God and each other"daily and repenting when we don't. Those are the direct instructions of Christ to His disciples. You follow other requirements at your own peril.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 02:22 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
As opposed to emblazing the gift, they blame God for threatening them. Accusing God for being unfair only displays pride and bitterness. Some people are terrified of death, and they blame God. They blame God for allowing war, disease, famine etc on earth. If people cannot accept facts of life, how can then accept the fact that God will hold them accountable for their rebellion?
It is unfair that God demonstrates mercy towards those many feel are undeserving. That is the truth of it.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:29 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Teaching something other then what we are commanded to teach is never a good idea.

The words of Jesus and Paul are foremost truth. Not some guy with a white collar who can twist truth into oblivion-- these teachers-2Cor 11:12-15

Old 08-20-2014, 04:38 PM

758 posts, read 847,562 times
My ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

God's words must prevail -! He is truth. Mankind loves to insert "human reasoning" into the scriptures; thus perverting the Word of God.

Do not add to these words or do not take away from these words and the warnings to those who do so are very plain!!

First of ALL - There is no such thing as "free will" That is pure rubbish! You posses "self-will" ONLY!

The flesh lusts against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh so that you cannot do the things you want!

Romans chapter 7 vs. 14 - 28 !

Before the World was ever formed; God chose the people He would choose. YOU can't change anything on this forum.

All you do is waste your time; doing that which the bible condemns!! AVOID VAIN ARGUMENTS!

Study God's Word - therein: Is truth; Do not lean to your own understanding (Proverbs 3:6) Do not use human reasoning!!

TRUST GOD WITH (part of ) YOUR HEART ! EITHER TRUST HIM WITH ALL OF IT or don't bother. 1/2 way is not

good enough.

The secret is simple: Psalm 46:10

Old 08-20-2014, 05:35 PM

987 posts, read 1,118,583 times
Quote:
They cannot. People like Pnuema will always see hell as a 'loaded gun' held by God instead of a consequence of our own doing as the Scripture clearly states. His metaphors are so off base it makes you wonder if he's even read the Scriptures at all, save a few verses he has misinterpreted.

I will never agree with such a doctrine, as it is so simplistically contrary to the teachings of the Scripture.
Be careful about using the term 'never.' I well remember saying at a Bible study with some friends that I would NEVER believe in universal salvation, or that all would be saved. Well, I ate those words and have been a believer in the restoration of ALL to God for over ten years and am so happy God changed my mind.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:42 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
Be careful about using the term 'never.' I well remember saying at a Bible study with some friends that I would NEVER believe in universal salvation, or that all would be saved. Well, I ate those words and have been a believer in the restoration of ALL to God for over ten years and am so happy God changed my mind.
Scarlet - we all have to eat our words sometimes. Peter told Jesus, "I will never deny you". I agree that vowing to NEVER do something is pride speaking rather than wisdom.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:52 PM

758 posts, read 847,562 times
Universal Salvation directly contradicts God's Simple Words!

If ye were of the world the world would love you!

Old 08-20-2014, 06:00 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Universal Salvation directly contradicts God's Simple Words!

If ye were of the world the world would love you!
I have no problem the world loving me. I love the world too and walk in love towards it.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
They cannot. People like Pnuema will always see hell as a 'loaded gun' held by God instead of a consequence of our own doing as the Scripture clearly states. His metaphors are so off base it makes you wonder if he's even read the Scriptures at all, save a few verses he has misinterpreted.

I will never agree with such a doctrine, as it is so simplistically contrary to the teachings of the Scripture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen, sad but true !
Totally agree , I too will never agree with Ur doctrine it is not of God and learned long ago how twisted and contrary it is to the known will of God ! It is and gives a false hope .

Blessings
Love is greater, then > limited faith.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:33 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
My ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

God's words must prevail -! He is truth. Mankind loves to insert "human reasoning" into the scriptures; thus perverting the Word of God.

Do not add to these words or do not take away from these words and the warnings to those who do so are very plain!!

First of ALL - There is no such thing as "free will" That is pure rubbish! You posses "self-will" ONLY!

The flesh lusts against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh so that you cannot do the things you want!

Romans chapter 7 vs. 14 - 28 !

Before the World was ever formed; God chose the people He would choose. YOU can't change anything on this forum.

All you do is waste your time; doing that which the bible condemns!! AVOID VAIN ARGUMENTS!

Study God's Word - therein: Is truth; Do not lean to your own understanding (Proverbs 3:6) Do not use human reasoning!!

TRUST GOD WITH (part of ) YOUR HEART ! EITHER TRUST HIM WITH ALL OF IT or don't bother. 1/2 way is not

good enough.

The secret is simple: Psalm 46:10
And that sounds like God orchestrating everything in the universe. that sounds like you mean God is sovereign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity