Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 07:56 AM

80 posts, read 136,157 times

Advertisements

Hello, all. I read these yesterday and found them interesting. Wanted to share with you.

Joel Osteen and his wife are heretics, and that’s why America loves them
Joel Osteen and his wife are heretics, and that's why America loves them - The Matt Walsh Blog

The Osteen Predicament - Mere Happiness Cannot Bear the Weight of the Gospel
The Osteen Predicament — Mere Happiness Cannot Bear the Weight of the Gospel – AlbertMohler.com

Osteenification and What it Portends
Osteenification and What It Portends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 09:04 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,219,937 times
They love Osteen because he seems nice and he tickles their ears. Pastor Osteen is pretty, and her husband has nice teeth.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:03 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,607,051 times
for the love of God, stay away from these slimeballs.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:14 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times
Christianity has provided a lot of charlatans a lot of money.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:17 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,538,387 times
Sounds like the "me, myself and I" gospel. Christ tells us that will not make us happy. I think Christ knows better.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:18 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,687,106 times
People like Osteen are charlatans, fakes.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:30 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,944,193 times
I have a problem with spirituality costing money. ("but they need a huge building to house all of these people so the message can be shared!") I disagree with the whole concept:

People always seem to be afraid of others leading others astray...
But why can't people learn to take responsibility for theirselves and what THEY take in, and what they discard? Seek truth. Folks should probably stop looking to be "led" and thinking that others have more "spiritual authority" than they do. Have they lived YOUR life? No. We're all different. God speaks to us all.
We do NOT need "spiritual leaders" to show us the way. Sharing our paths with each other and learning from each other is key. We're all in this together, the same, learning.

Now that I got that off my chest. (lol.) I will say that we're all just human. There are plenty of people, I am sure, that have been helped on their own paths through these preachers (or whatever they are called, I don't know.) What is truth, is truth, no matter WHO the messenger is. Truth marches on and cannot be altered. It can be misunderstood, but not altered. Another way of looking at it is, sometimes contrast is needed, in order to allow truth to be understood in a deeper way. I remember years ago being drawn in by one tv preacher lady... and I learned some things. And I stepped back and learned still more things. And years went by and I looked back on that time, and learned still MORE things. I hope this makes sense.

just my thoughts.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:36 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,219,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I have a problem with spirituality costing money. ("but they need a huge building to house all of these people so the message can be shared!") I disagree with the whole concept:

But why can't people learn to take responsibility for theirselves and what THEY take in, and what they discard? Seek truth. Folks should probably stop looking to be "led" and thinking that others have more "spiritual authority" than they do. Have they lived YOUR life? No. We're all different. God speaks to us all.
We do NOT need "spiritual leaders" to show us the way. Sharing our paths with each other and learning from each other is key. We're all in this together, the same, learning.

just my thoughts.
If we disagree...who is right? Can we both be right? How do we know?

Old 09-05-2014, 10:50 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,227,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

Absolutely, sparrow. We each walk our own path and find (and are shown) different things along the way.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:17 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
They love Osteen because he seems nice and he tickles their ears. Pastor Osteen is pretty, and her husband has nice teeth.
How does he tickle their ears?. Walk into any christian fundamentalist church and you will hear preachers preaching to the choir exactly what they want to hear....... Their interpretation of the bible.

Say anything contrary to what they already know and believe and you ain't going to go down to well.

What is wrong with being good looking and having nice teeth ?.

I would rather be good looking with nice teeth loving my neighbor as myself than to be a white washed tomb full of dead religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity