Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 03:18 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,245,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I believe you better use your cross reference on Zec, 13:7 it reference Jesus Christ
I really could not care less what a modern editor thinks I should look at in connection with Zech 13:7.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:27 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,246,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel O. McClellan View Post
Completely and totally meaningless. I know what the word means. Just pointing to an outdated lexicon entry is absolutely meaningless.
LOL, so I can take that as a no rebuttal at this time, (smile).

go and study, and learn. good to you.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
LOL, so I can take that as a no rebuttal at this time, (smile).

go and study, and learn. good to you.
No, I already rebutted your comments, and you were, again, completely unable to respond in any way whatsoever. There's no need for me to repeat my comments just because you reposted the lexicon entry.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:59 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,811,862 times
Quote:
No, I already rebutted your comments, and you were, again, completely unable to respond in any way whatsoever. There's no need for me to repeat my comments just because you reposted the lexicon entry.
I watched you debate and never saw anything of a rebuttal. If you do not believe Jesus is Lord then come out and say it. Other wise you have no place to argue about such things. If you do believe then you would not provoke.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I watched you debate and never saw anything of a rebuttal.
In this post I responded directly to his appeal to the Hebrew word עמית.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
If you do not believe Jesus is Lord then come out and say it. Other wise you have no place to argue about such things. If you do believe then you would not provoke.
You're joking, right?

Old 10-10-2014, 12:14 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,281,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
I am personally agnostic when it comes to religions. I have decided proving/disproving god is way above my philosophical and physics understanding of mine.

However like Many people of other religions (Jewish,Islam,...) that believe in Monotheistic gods I am always confused with the notion of Trinity.

I understand there are Unitarians out there in Christianity as well; however they are really a small minority when it comes to the Notion of Trinity.

How do Christians deem people of other faiths that believe in God (a higher being). but do not necessarily belive in god being embodied by three different entities.
Way I see it, if you deny Jesus or the Holy Spirit then, you deny God. I don't judge anybody but, just call it as I see it.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:46 AM

GINOLJC, 2 all
in our discussion about Zechariah 13:7 yesterday, "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

I have been accused of using an out of date dictionary, not so. but anyway, I will prove my point, and reproof the opposition in another way. by using the word “FELLOW” directly, and its implication, concerning our Lord JESUS as the "ANOTHER". using any “UPDATED” dictionary, or anyone can google “fellow” and get its definitions. it means, when used as a noun.

#1. a person belonging to the same rank or class; equal; peer. example, a man or boy.
#2. one of a pair; mate; match
#3. an equal in rank, power, or character: peer
#4. a person who shares actively in anything as a business, enterprise, or undertaking; partner; colleague; fellow worker

anyone can go online and get these definitions, (which is the LATEST updates). now looking at our definitions above, #1, it proves the point of "another". we, all are humans of the same same class, or kind, MAN. as the definition gives for an example, MAN, or Boy. we’re all are members, of the human race called mankind, meaning we all are in the same class as human creatures, meaning “ANOTHER” alike, as in human, or as the Hebrew H5997 עָמִיתּ `amiyth states, (neighbour, another of the same kind, as in MANkind). but why would the KJV use “FELLOW” here in Zechariah 13:7 instead of?. because this man that is GOD H5997 עָמִיתּ `amiyth, “FELLOW”, is not in our, (HUMAN), class, kind, or rank in NATURE. which prove my point of G243 allos. which express, a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. and “Sort”, means, a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature. take note distinguished by, a common character or nature. so being in the form, or the "sort", nature of God, according to (phil 2:6) our Lord Jesus is not in the same Class, Kind, or Group as we are in, meaning in NATURE. he just put on “ANOTHER” NATURE, which was flesh and blood, that was to come, (see Romans 5:14). also the definition of “Fellow” states, “one of a pair”. using G243 allos again, is defines this “ANOTHER” to the tee, as the definition states, “one of a pair”, G243 allos states, a numerical difference, this is exactly the SAME as(the pair), and this is done by “SHARING”. exactly the SAME thing as the pair, meaning his nature is "shared" in flesh and blood, as a man, which definition #1 clearly states.

also, the definition, it stated as #3. an equal in rank, power, or character. Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One. now, can any mere human say that?. they are “EQUAL” to God?. yes the Lord JESUS, as a MAN did, why?, because he is God shared in FLESH, as a MAN. scripture, John 10:30 "I and my Father are one. STOP, let hear the results of this statement, and its implication it have. verse 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. HOLD it, what did the Jews say?. “being a man, .........................makest thyself God”. being a MAN, makest thyself GOD, that’s the implication of being “the” ONLY begotten Son of God. well there is the Man that is God equal, God pair, God nature, God class, God kind, who is God “share”, as a MAN. God said, “MY” fellow, his equal, his class, his kind, his "share". Jesus Christ said that he is the Son of God. and Son here don’t means a biological Son either. it means EQUAL in RANK, CLASS, and KIND, by having the same CHARACTER, and NATURE. and character describe a SON, and his Nature describe his deity, which our Lord Jesus is, GOD IN FLESH. HE IS THE HOLY ONE, BECAUSE HIS CHARACTER IS HOLY, AND HIS NATURE IS SPIRIT. hence the Holy Spirit, (see John 14:16, YES the“ANOTHER” Comforter).

now the last definition of fellow, #4. a person who shares actively in anything. our Lord Jesus is the G3313 μέρος meros (mer'-os) of God, which means, a division or share. the share or the one of a pair, in the same class, same kind, same group, as definition #2 above states, and as the scriptures states, "I and my Father are ONE".

so either way one goes, with "another", which is a man of the same nature, see definition #1, or as the "fellow", of god as all the definition above states, it come back to God as a plurality, or a “SHARE” of himself in FLESH as a Man, (see John 1:11, and 1:14). it is clear that God shared himself in flesh, not a separate person, but the same person. that's why I know that in Revelation 1:1, and in 1:4 & 5 and through out the book of Revelation that it is Just ONE person, JESUS Christ revealed as GOD, hence the “diversity” of God. he is the ROOT, and the OFFSPRING/”Diversity” of David. he is before David, (Spirit, GOD), and after David, (Flesh, MAN). he, God the Lord JESUS is not 9 Spirits, or 7 separate Individual Spirits. no, he, God, the Lord JESUS is ONE Spirit.

now for those who disagree, fine, but stay in the dark, and stay in a mystery, and stay in ignorance. light have come, and there is no more MYSTERY concerning the Godhead. as the book of Revelation states, Revelation 22:11 "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

as my brother, the apostle Paul said, 2 Corinthians 4:1 "Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; 2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake”. and that’s my stance. now if any man want to discuses the scriptures, sensibly, I’m game. but excuses, see ya later, (smile). don’t have time for you, (all in the Lorve of the Lord JESUS).

also the question of God plurality is answered in the O.T. especially Genesis 1:26. it is God speaking of his "Diversity", or his sharing his Spirit, or himself in flesh that was to come, which is his "IMAGE", man, or "ANOTHER" of himself in Flesh, O the beauty of "Diversity". it is throughout the bible of God, if one would just look, (smile).

so, good day.

and to the TRUE Children of God, be BLESSED.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
GINOLJC, 2 all
in our discussion about Zechariah 13:7 yesterday, "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones”.

I have been accused of using an out of date dictionary,
That was peripheral. The important point was that that word has no connection whatsoever to the claim you're making. Also, I pointed out that you appealed to the meaning of two separate Greek words that have absolutely no relationship whatsoever to your claims. You just abandoned those claims without comment, of course.

Quote:
not so.
Yes, Strong's is almost 200 years old. It's phenomenally outdated. It's not that relevant, though, since your argument doesn't make any sense one way or another.

Quote:
but anyway, I will prove my point, and reproof the opposition in another way. by using the word “FELLOW” directly, and its implication, concerning our Lord JESUS as the "ANOTHER".
Again, not only is the "implication" something you completely made up, but the Greek for "another" has no relationship whatsoever to this word, apart from the fact that one entity is a different entity from another, but that's true of all entities that exist, not just Jesus and God. Trying to tie all these things together the way you are is just laughable.

Quote:
using any “UPDATED” dictionary, or anyone can google “fellow” and get its definitions. it means, when used as a noun.

#1. a person belonging to the same rank or class; equal; peer. example, a man or boy.
#2. one of a pair; mate; match
#3. an equal in rank, power, or character: peer
#4. a person who shares actively in anything as a business, enterprise, or undertaking; partner; colleague; fellow worker
But the goal is not to find the modern definition of the English word "fellow." You've gotta show the author intended for us to connect עמית with Jesus, which he absolutely and unquestionably did not.

Quote:
anyone can go online and get these definitions, (which is the LATEST updates). now looking at our definitions above, #1, it proves the point of "another". we, all are humans of the same same class, or kind, MAN. as the definition gives for an example, MAN, or Boy. we’re all are members, of the human race called mankind, meaning we all are in the same class as human creatures, meaning “ANOTHER” alike, as in human, or as the Hebrew H5997 עָמִיתּ `amiyth states, (neighbour, another of the same kind, as in MANkind). but why would the KJV use “FELLOW” here in Zechariah 13:7 instead of?.
Instead of what? The word is perfectly acceptable and reasonable. There's no reason to think he used it because it communicated some theological point this other mystery word could not have.

Quote:
because this man that is GOD H5997 עָמִיתּ `amiyth, “FELLOW”, is not in our, (HUMAN), class, kind, or rank in NATURE.
There is absolutely nothing anywhere in the text at all that suggests the "fellow" is God. Absolutely nothing. You can only just arbitrarily insist it's true.

Quote:
which prove my point of G243 allos.
It does absolutely no such thing whatsoever. Good heavens, this is absolutely horrifying and nonsensical eisegesis.

Quote:
which express, a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. and “Sort”, means, a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature. take note distinguished by, a common character or nature. so being in the form, or the "sort", nature of God, according to (phil 2:6)
But Phil 2:6 refers just to physical appearance. It has no reference whatsoever to "sort" or "nature." I already went over this.

Quote:
our Lord Jesus is not in the same Class, Kind, or Group as we are in, meaning in NATURE. he just put on “ANOTHER” NATURE, which was flesh and blood, that was to come, (see Romans 5:14). also the definition of “Fellow” states, “one of a pair”. using G243 allos again, is defines this “ANOTHER” to the tee, as the definition states, “one of a pair”, G243 allos states, a numerical difference, this is exactly the SAME as(the pair), and this is done by “SHARING”. exactly the SAME thing as the pair, meaning his nature is "shared" in flesh and blood, as a man, which definition #1 clearly states.
This is all pure and utter nonsense. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Quote:
also, the definition, it stated as #3. an equal in rank, power, or character. Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One”. now, can any mere human say that?. they are “EQUAL” to God?. yes the Lord JESUS, as a MAN did, why?, because he is God shared in FLESH, as a MAN. scripture, John 10:30 "I and my Father are one. STOP, let hear the results of this statement, and its implication it have. verse 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God”. HOLD it, what did the Jews say?. “being a man, .........................makest thyself God”. being a MAN, makest thyself GOD, that’s the implication of being “the” ONLY begotten Son of God. well there is the Man that is God equal, God pair, God nature, God class, God kind, who is God “share”, as a MAN. God said, “MY” fellow, his equal, his class, his kind, his "share". Jesus Christ said that he is the Son of God. and Son here don’t means a biological Son either. it means EQUAL in RANK, CLASS, and KIND, by having the same CHARACTER, and NATURE. and character describe a SON, and his Nature describe his deity, which our Lord Jesus is, GOD IN FLESH. HE IS THE HOLY ONE, BECAUSE HIS CHARACTER IS HOLY, AND HIS NATURE IS SPIRIT. hence the Holy Spirit, (see John 14:16, YES the“ANOTHER” Comforter).

now the last definition of fellow, #4. a person who shares actively in anything. our Lord Jesus is the G3313 μέρος meros (mer'-os) of God,
There is no text anywhere in the Bible that says Jesus is the meros of God. Absolutely none.

Quote:
which means, a division or share. the share or the one of a pair, in the same class, same kind, same group, as definition #2 above states, and as the scriptures states, "I and my Father are ONE".

so either way one goes, with "another", which is a man of the same nature, see definition #1, or as the "fellow",
And neither of these options has anything whatsoever to do with anything that's written in the Bible.

Quote:
of god as all the definition above states, it come back to God as a plurality, or a “SHARE” of himself in FLESH as a Man, (see John 1:11, and 1:14). it is clear that God shared himself in flesh, not a separate person, but the same person. that's why I know that in Revelation 1:1, and in 1:4 & 5 and through out the book of Revelation that it is Just ONE person, JESUS Christ revealed as GOD, hence the “diversity” of God. he is the ROOT, and the OFFSPRING/”Diversity” of David. he is before David, (Spirit, GOD), and after David, (Flesh, MAN). he, God the Lord JESUS is not 9 Spirits, or 7 separate Individual Spirits. no, he, God, the Lord JESUS is ONE Spirit.

now for those who disagree, fine, but stay in the dark, and stay in a mystery, and stay in ignorance.
I'm not the one trying to pontificate about Greek and Hebrew without knowing the first thing about either language.

Quote:
light have come, and there is no more MYSTERY concerning the Godhead. as the book of Revelation states, Revelation 22:11 "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still”.

as my brother, the apostle Paul said, 2 Corinthians 4:1 "Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; 2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake”. and that’s my stance. now if any man want to discuses the scriptures, sensibly, I’m game. but excuses, see ya later, (smile). don’t have time for you, (all in the Lorve of the Lord JESUS).

also the question of God plurality is answered in the O.T. especially Genesis 1:26. it is God speaking of his "Diversity", or his sharing his Spirit, or himself in flesh that was to come, which is his "IMAGE", man, or "ANOTHER" of himself in Flesh, O the beauty of "Diversity". it is throughout the bible of God, if one would just look, (smile).

so, good day.

and to the TRUE Children of God, be BLESSED.
My word, this is just the most laughably incoherent and meaningless drivel I've ever come across on the internet. And you're actually going to respond pretending that it makes sense and that you've made some kind of point. I'm done trying to reason with you. You simply cannot produce a coherent thought or be honest in the least degree whatsoever.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:17 AM

Quote:
That was peripheral. The important point was that that word has no connection whatsoever to the claim you're making. Also, I pointed out that you appealed to the meaning of two separate Greek words that have absolutely no relationship whatsoever to your claims. You just abandoned those claims without comment, of course.

Yes, Strong's is almost 200 years old. It's phenomenally outdated. It's not that relevant, though, since your argument doesn't make any sense one way or another.

Again, not only is the "implication" something you completely made up, but the Greek for "another" has no relationship whatsoever to this word, apart from the fact that one entity is a different entity from another, but that's true of all entities that exist, not just Jesus and God. Trying to tie all these things together the way you are is just laughable.

But the goal is not to find the modern definition of the English word "fellow." You've gotta show the author intended for us to connect עמית with Jesus, which he absolutely and unquestionably did not.

Instead of what? The word is perfectly acceptable and reasonable. There's no reason to think he used it because it communicated some theological point this other mystery word could not have.

There is absolutely nothing anywhere in the text at all that suggests the "fellow" is God. Absolutely nothing. You can only just arbitrarily insist it's true.

It does absolutely no such thing whatsoever. Good heavens, this is absolutely horrifying and nonsensical eisegesis.

But Phil 2:6 refers just to physical appearance. It has no reference whatsoever to "sort" or "nature." I already went over this.

This is all pure and utter nonsense. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

There is no text anywhere in the Bible that says Jesus is the meros of God. Absolutely none.

And neither of these options has anything whatsoever to do with anything that's written in the Bible.

I'm not the one trying to pontificate about Greek and Hebrew without knowing the first thing about either language.

My word, this is just the most laughably incoherent and meaningless drivel I've ever come across on the internet. And you're actually going to respond pretending that it makes sense and that you've made some kind of point. I'm done trying to reason with you. You simply cannot produce a coherent thought or be honest in the least degree whatsoever.
No source, cite source please, and not just you, you, or "I", LOL. just for example, the outer form is in Phil 7 & 8 is not the form of verse 6 is Spirit, a simple person can figure that out. because God have no outward "FORM". His Nature is Spirit. LOL,

Old 10-10-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
No source, cite source please, and not just you, you, or "I", LOL. just for example, the outer form is in Phil 7 & 8 is not the form of verse 6 is Spirit, a simple person can figure that out. because God have no outward "FORM". His Nature is Spirit. LOL,
The word used in verse 6 means "outward appearance," or "physical form." It cannot refer to anything else. The Greek words cannot just mean whatever you want them to, and no amount of context and theological speculation can overrule the semantic range of a word. I already cited three different lexica regarding the meaning of μορφη and you flatly ignored them all. This is why it's useless trying to reason with you. You cannot reason, you can only make up nonsensical and obfuscating ramblings. You have absolutely no clue whatsoever what you're talking about. You are 100% ignorant of how Greek and Hebrew work.

And on the the outward form of God, you can refer to my Oxford master's thesis here, and then to any of the following publications:

http://www.amazon.com/Bodies-God-Wor...=UTF8&sr=&qid=

Anthropomorphism and Its Eradication | Shamma Friedman - Academia.edu

http://www.amazon.com/Biblical-Ambig.../dp/B005Q7MR1M

Augustine and the Corporeality of God
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity