Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 04:06 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
If you must buy into the idea that Genesis is literal truth

When I read Genesis, I see the moon slamming into the Earth, I see a Religion that a temple is built in animal skins, and the sin of man being put on an animal in a goat temple.

But the Temple evolved, it became a physical temple, and now a human temple, where there were 24 elders, there are 24 ribs now.

Knowing the comings and goings of the Temple is to watch evolution taking place.

It is ever changing, evolving and expanding, but Genesis tells the truth only after a person has learned to read it.

The way to read the bible is through poetry, through a poetry that takes nature to show what man is, and what he is to the Earth, moon, and sun.

A man can have a river of water rushing right out of him, he can be a tree with certain types of fruits, and all men are drowning in the sea as to need to be taken from the water.

If a biblical poetry is learned, people would see another Genesis.

It wasn't Adam, and Eve, and a most beautiful creature, THEY were Adam, and God called them,'' Adam.''

They WERE the most beautiful creature, the 3 were one, and they had sons and the 3 were one, and it continues this way through history until all Israel is put in 2 kingdoms and a city, and all Israel called by 3 names with a temple in 3 sections with 3 major feasts.

The Messiah had to have 2 people on either side of him to show a complete sacrifice representing the son of the left hand, the son of the right, and the mediator in the middle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 05:43 PM

840 posts, read 774,272 times
From whence were they counting from . . . ?

The death of Adam . . . ? OR, the guessed time that he, or, Eve sinned . . . ?

Because the end of 6,000 years counted from the time that Adam was created already ended, back in 1975.

That is discernible by taking note of the genealogies & ages of men when sons were born to them through the ages.

However . . .

"The creation of Adam does not correspond with the beginning of Jehovah God’s rest day.

Following Adam’s creation, and still within the sixth creative day, Jehovah appears to have been forming further animal

and bird creations. Also, he had Adam name the animals, which would take some time, and he proceeded to create Eve.

(Genesis 2:18-22 . . .) Whatever time elapsed between Adam’s creation & the end of the ‘sixth day’ must be subtracted

from the 5,988 years in order to give the actual length of time from the beginning of the ‘seventh day’ until [1963].

It does no good to use Bible chronology for speculating on dates that are still future in the stream of time.
—Matthew 24:36.”

(Source: "All Scripture is Inspired of God and Beneficial", page 286, par. 13)

Jesus Christ repeatedly warned that no one would be aware beforehand of exactly when Armageddon will occur:

“Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son,
but the Father.

Keep looking, keep awake, for you do not know when the appointed time is.

“It is like a man traveling abroad who left his house and gave the authority to his slaves,
to each one his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to keep on the watch.

Keep on the watch, therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming, whether late in the day or at midnight or at dawn or early in the morning,in order that when he comes suddenly, he does not find you sleeping.

“But what I say to you, I say to all: Keep on the watch.” (Mark 13:32-37)

Old 10-19-2014, 05:35 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 831,237 times
All date settings are foolish. No one knows. The Father can add or shorten, and I think He did already, the Father gives the command when Jesus returns to earth. His delay is because many are not ready. To be ready is more important than anything else. If somebody dies, he has his rapture, if he was ready. That alone makes it imminent, what he believed concerning the coming of the Lord is secondary. I have seen much damage that was done by date settings, the ones that think they can find it out are wasting their time and deceive others. But we should consider the season and know the signs the bible gives us.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:51 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
The fossil record backs up gap theory, which is based on other manifestations (since we are using that word, :-) ) of the earth, at a different, pre Adam, time period. The Bible is specific to the Adamic time period and about the relationship of the Adamic with God. If the universe is between 8 and 15 million years old, its ludicrous theology to sugggest the matter and substance of the earth is just 6000 years old.
Huh?...

Old 10-19-2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
agreed, what got me was the bible itself teaches that the EARTH is million, if not billions years of old. here is the scriptures that got my attention,
Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens”. generations have an “s” at the end which indicate more than one generation. so I ask, how do one GET GENERATIONS in ONE DAY?. and two, in Genesis 1:14 "And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. now my question is this, if the sun was made on the fourth “DAY”, and the sun was made for days, (see verse 14) then that just told me that a solar day is NOT the same as a God “DAY”. because to have a solar day one need two things, 1. a rotating earth, and 2. a sun shining for light. and the sun was not made until the 4th God DAY. so that shoot the day to pieces as solar day as we keep time with. which bring me back to Genesis 2:4 these GENERATIONS occurred in a GOD DAY, and not a solar day. and I know that generation, which are years, is not “a” day, not a solar day. so the term “day” as to God is not a literal solar day, of 24hr.

so to me, God "DAY(s)" in Genesis, could be millions, or even billions of years in our solar time of "days".

peace,
H8435

Original: תּלדה תּולדה

Transliteration: tôledâh tôledâh
Phonetic: to-led-aw'

BDB Definition:

descendants, results, proceedings, generations, genealogies
account of men and their descendants
genealogical list of one's descendants
one's contemporaries
course of history (of creation etc)
begetting or account of heaven (metaphorically)
Origin: from H3205

TWOT entry: 867g

Part(s) of speech: Noun Feminine

Strong's Definition: From H3205; (plural only) descent, that is, family ; [u](figuratively)[u/] history: - birth, generations.

From the YLT:

4 These are births of the heavens and of the earth in their being prepared, in the day of Jehovah God's making earth and heavens;

It says "births" (or in some "generations"), the reason it is plural (in English) is because it is speaking of TWO different things, the generation of the heavens AND the generation of earth, put the two SINGULAR nouns together and they becomes plural so one uses the plural births when speaking of two singular objects joined in a sentence with AND...

From the LXXE:

4 This is the book of the generation of heaven and earth, when they were made, in the day in which the Lord God made the heaven and the earth,

Notice in this translation the word "generation", in the sense to generate, is singular...

Old 10-19-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
error, 1,260 days or 42 months, or 3 1/2 years is the time of our Lords MINISTRY, and then Messiah will be cut off.
Daniel 9:25 "Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined”. and the city was destroyed after the Messiah, The Lord JESUS death. so that’s a no go on time. another scripture pleas that specify that shorthen means 3 1/2 years?.

P.S. did one know that the 42 month was the time of the two witness MINISTRY?.
The End shall be with a flood?...

25 And thou shalt know and understand, that from the going forth of the command for the answer and for the building of Jerusalem until Christ the prince there shall be seven weeks, and sixty-two weeks; and then the time shall return, and the street shall be built, and the wall, and the times shall be exhausted.

26 And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in him: and he shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed he shall appoint the city to desolations.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:28 AM

151 posts, read 183,810 times
2028 shall pass with no Second Coming in sight. (You heard it here, first!)

Old 10-19-2014, 11:24 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Q&Lrn&Hlp View Post
From whence were they counting from . . . ?

The death of Adam . . . ? OR, the guessed time that he, or, Eve sinned . . . ?

Because the end of 6,000 years counted from the time that Adam was created already ended, back in 1975.

That is discernible by taking note of the genealogies & ages of men when sons were born to them through the ages.

However . . .

"The creation of Adam does not correspond with the beginning of Jehovah God’s rest day.

(Mark 13:32-37)

I don't look to put dates on things, I think it is interesting and I have more timelines than anyone, I just don't talk about them anymore, it's not relevant really.

But I don't believe you have heard most of the information about a Timeline from Adam.

When the Messiah comes, he is to teach the secrets of Torah and his days last 2000 years.

Why?

What I mean is, have you heard this?

This was known and developed way before Jesus ever took the stage, and where a lot of people may say, '' Well that is just Jewish thought,'' Jesus still came and fulfilled exactly what was said.

Not only did he come when everyone expected him to come, they must have also been correct in saying the days of the king would last 2000 years because Jesus came and is still living and ruling in the hearts of his followers.

You put t6he lamb away and hide it for 4 days, so the Messiah is hidden 4 days, but there is much more to this which was developed and believed by Jews, and Jesus did just what was believed.

Not that it makes that much difference, but there is a whole science about these things that most any Christian has never heard or read. Things known about the Messiah well before he ever came.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:55 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
H8435

Original: תּלדה תּולדה

Transliteration: tôledâh tôledâh
Phonetic: to-led-aw'

BDB Definition:

descendants, results, proceedings, generations, genealogies
account of men and their descendants
genealogical list of one's descendants
one's contemporaries
course of history (of creation etc)
begetting or account of heaven (metaphorically)
Origin: from H3205

TWOT entry: 867g

Part(s) of speech: Noun Feminine

Strong's Definition: From H3205; (plural only) descent, that is, family ; (figuratively)[u/] history: - birth, generations.

From the YLT:

4 These are births of the heavens and of the earth in their being prepared, in the day of Jehovah God's making earth and heavens;

It says "births" (or in some "generations"), the reason it is plural (in English) is because it is speaking of TWO different things, the generation of the heavens AND the generation of earth, put the two SINGULAR nouns together and they becomes plural so one uses the plural births when speaking of two singular objects joined in a sentence with AND...

From the LXXE:

[u] 4 This is the book of the generation of heaven and earth, when they were made, in the day in which the Lord God made the heaven and the earth,

Notice in this translation the word "generation", in the sense to generate, is singular...
the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

KJV generations, “S” ON THE END
H8435 תּוֹלְדָה תּוֹלְדָה towldah (to-led-aw') (or toldah {to-led-aw'}) n-f.
1. (plural only) descent, i.e. family
2. (figuratively) history

definition #1 plural only

get a KJV

Old 10-20-2014, 01:35 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Huh?...
Ok, I'm a bit behind the pace. What was wrong with what I wrote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity