Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 05:33 AM

951 posts, read 1,052,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
It's a gift.

I think some people get so caught up in the whole SEX SEX SEX (especially male sex) aspect of homosexuality or in their interpretation (or misinterpretation) of ancient religious beliefs, or their misunderstanding of what sexual orientation is, that all the diverse and positive traits that gay and lesbian people bring to the human race, are ignored. The fact that most gay and lesbian people want loving fullfilling relationships and have families is also ignored. That they have dreams and hopes and aspirations is ignored. That they have talents and skills is ignored.

According to many recent studies we know that the brains of homosexuals are biologically different to the brains of heterosexuals. They are not just heterosexuals with a 'desire' for homosexual sex. For example- brain stucture eg amygdala, hypothalamic structure, right brain/left brain emphasis and auditory brain waves are different. All these (and other) differences lead to homosexuals thinking and perceiving differently to heterosexuals.

If we look at the way heterosexual males and females think, feel and perceive differently to each other, it's obvious that gay and lesbian people, who have (to varying degrees) some of the characteristics of both genders, would also think, feel and percieve differently to someone who has only the characterisics of one or the other gender.

I see this as a very Positive thing. The world needs people who think and perceive differently to the majority. "Group think" and conformity to one way of thinking and perceiving is NOT usually a positive thing for any culture. Diversity in thinking and perception is important to keep a culture from stagnating.

There are many homosexuals throughout history who have contributed to the rich tapestry of human culture.

Here's just a few of the more well known philosophers, artists, generals, leaders, writers, poets, composers etc: Alexander the Great, Sophocles, Socrates, Sappho, Julius Caesar, Hadrian, Virgil, Da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Raphael, King James I (of KJV fame), Sir Francis Bacon, Lord Byron, Tchaikosky, Rachmaninov, Rudolph Nuryev, Frederick the Great, Tsar Alexander I, Hans Christian Anderson, Evelyn Waugh, Proust, Somerset Maugham, Walt Whitman, Radclyffe Hall, Daphne du Maurier, Virginia Woolf, Gertrude Stein, Alice. B. Toklas, Jane Addams, Saint-Saens, Simone de Beauvoir, Georges Sand, Noel Coward, Laurence Olivier, Alan Turing, Cecil Beaton, Tennessee Williams, Thomas Mann, James Baldwin, Leonard Bernstein, Cole Porter, Patricia Cornwell... and many many more.

Diversity of genetic traits is also important for a population to adapt successfully.

All this obsession that many anti-gay people have with gay "sex" almost leads me to think that maybe "sex" is all THEY ever think about themselves.
To mock God and say His instruction against homosexuality is incorrect is hatred toward God and His instructions. You hate God by your deeds. This use of the hate-word can cut both ways.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:01 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
To mock God and say His instruction against homosexuality is incorrect is hatred toward God and His instructions. You hate God by your deeds. This use of the hate-word can cut both ways.
Not really.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:14 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
Quote:
I would not call God's Word "vomit garbage" but you will have answer for your comments and not me.

I have quoted from the Scriptures as accurately as I can and I wasn't pretending as you accuse. I think even my enemies who DO know the Scriptures would attest to that.

Revelation 21:
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
If lairs and murderers are lumped together and both are going to hell, you have confirmed my statement, "all sins are created equal." In the scheme of things homosexuals are the least of your worries. No need to feel better about your own sin, as your sin is on par with all sins, making this thread moot.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
I think this is much better:

Homosexuality is a sin that rots the heart, more sinful than bestiality. One cannot love god and have homosexual relations at the same time. That means a person who says he loves god actually he doesn't. It hardens the heart and makes people get puffed up and makes them unable to see their sins. Once a person becomes a homosexual there is great danger of going to the lake of fire if the behaviour is not repented of.

One is to abhor evil which is clearly stated in the Bible.

"Hate" to many it seems means that you do not agree with me. But to be pro-homosexual means that you hate God and refuse to keep His Commandments and you have a total disrespect for the authority of the Bible and Christ said we are to live by every word of God. And I do avoid mixed fabrics. I do not eat pork or shellfish and do a lot of other things written in the Bible that maybe other Christians do not. I do not keep all the 613 but neither did Christ keep all the 613 and He lived a perfect sinless life and we should strive to do the same.

Bottom line is we should all hate sins like homosexuality and we should love God by keeping His commandments, statutes and judgements which are magnification of the Ten Commandments which were put inside the Ark of God which should also be written into the hearts of minds of all True Christians who have received God's Holy Spirit.

It is time to wake up to righteousness and forsake our evil past and put the leaven our of our lives and abhor sins like homosexuality and love God by keeping His Commandments.

tthttf

Not feeling the 'love' anywhere in your posts. No feeling at all of Christ. Just overwhelming anger, bile and hate.

Last edited by Ceist; 11-06-2014 at 06:29 AM..

Old 11-06-2014, 06:29 AM

951 posts, read 1,052,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Not feeling the 'love' anywhere in your posts. No feeling of Christ. Just overwhelming anger and hate.
If you're waiting for me to express any pro-homosexual statements and you equate love for homosexuality as something from Christ then you are speaking about a different christ -- one who despised God's instructions.

Ephesians 5:
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Works of darkness are to be reproved and the light that originates from God's Word exposes the evil sin of homosexuality.

Last edited by tthttf; 11-06-2014 at 06:45 AM..

Old 11-06-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kradmelder View Post
Moderator cut: quotrd post had to be removed
Have you ever read all the chapters of the book of Leviticus?

Start here and tell us how much of it we should follow in the 21st century:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...ch=Leviticus+1

The first 10 chapters are almost enough to make me want to become a vegetarian.

There's some great tips in Chapter 14 for curing leprosy and house mould:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...14&version=KJV

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-06-2014 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: problems with wquoted post

Old 11-06-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
If you're waiting for me to express any pro-homosexual statements and you equate love for homosexuality as something from Christ then you are speaking about a different christ -- one who despised God's instructions.

Ephesians 5:
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Works of darkness are to be reproved and the light that originates from God's Word exposes the evil sin of homosexuality.
You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do" -Ann Lamott

Old 11-06-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Moderator cut: Quoted post had to be deleted.
So is it safe to assume then that this is how you get rid of mould in your house? I would just buy an anti-mould product from the local store. But hey, if you want to live like it's 400BC in the ancient-near-east, go right ahead.

Leviticus 14
49 And he shall take to cleanse the house two birds, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop:
50 And he shall kill the one of the birds in an earthen vessel over running water:
51 And he shall take the cedar wood, and the hyssop, and the scarlet, and the living bird, and dip them in the blood of the slain bird, and in the running water, and sprinkle the house seven times:
52 And he shall cleanse the house with the blood of the bird, and with the running water, and with the living bird, and with the cedar wood, and with the hyssop, and with the scarlet:
53 But he shall let go the living bird out of the city into the open fields, and make an atonement for the house: and it shall be clean.

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-06-2014 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: deleted quote

Old 11-06-2014, 07:16 AM

This thread is very revealing. And not in a good way.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:50 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times
Quote:
What is there to debate? The Bible is very clear in Leviticus 20:13
Clearly you don't know much about the Bible. Leviticus was written in Hebrew. The Hebrew is not clear. Leviticus was also written to the Israelite priesthood on rituals. It doesn't apply to modern day society. There are numerous laws in the Torah that demand you be executed too. You're a hypocrite.

Quote:
Moderator cut: quoted part deleted
Oh look, another hateful person pretending to be Christian. Jesus would never say what you just said.

Not all who call him Lord know him.

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-06-2014 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: had to delete quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity