Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 03:00 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
So did you and your six figure girlfriend of 4 years, ever have sex outside of marriage?
My personal life is none of your business and has nothing to do with this topic. What you said the other night was heartless and cruel. I am far from perfect, but that doesn't change the fact that homosexuality is sin. I have never talked trash about someone's personal life on here.

Old 10-26-2014, 03:02 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
If a person's sin becomes PUBLIC and UNREPENTANT, then it has to be confronted.
You mean like our governor here in Oklahoma. She had an adulteress affair with her body guard and ruined both her and his marriage. She is now remained and is running on a "Traditional Family Values" platform. What needs to be done with her? And what is the name in the bible for women like her? I can't remember it, maybe you can help me with that.

Old 10-26-2014, 03:05 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
My personal life is none of your business and has nothing to do with this topic. What you said the other night was heartless and cruel. I am far from perfect, but that doesn't change the fact that homosexuality is sin. I have never talked trash about someone's personal life on here.
What you say is also heartless and cruel. Why do you get a free pass? And everything I have posted about you are things you have posted yourself. You are way far from being perfect. You need to work on your own house, get off our backs!

Old 10-26-2014, 03:11 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Gluttony isn't a sin against one's own body???????
Rational thinking is not exactly a strong point in these threads.

Old 10-26-2014, 03:29 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Gluttony is a sin ... accept it, get over it, and repent. Adultery is a sin ... accept it, get over it, and repent. Divorce and remarriage without adultery is a sin ... accept it, get over it, and repent. There are over 667 sins in the Bible ,,, accept it, get over it, and repent. People routinely continue in these sins without receiving overt condemnation from the church destroying any sense of fellowship. The obesity epidemic is reflected in most church assemblages. Why make special rules for homosexuality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
1. God didn't wipe out a city to ash cuz of gluttony.
2. All sins are not equal - " Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. " 1 Corinthians 6:18
Quote:
Gluttony isn't a sin against one's own body???????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Rational thinking is not exactly a strong point in these threads.
That is the understatement of the year, Ceist!!
Quote:
Obesity is pretty public and unrepentant especially at those Church potlucks!

Old 10-26-2014, 03:33 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
So how long does a glutton have to lose weight before a church throws his fat-ass out for reveling in his sin and not changing?

Old 10-26-2014, 03:58 PM

7 posts, read 5,609 times
Quote:
So how long does a glutton have to lose weight before a church throws his fat-ass out for reveling in his sin and not changing?
I think I know how to handle this.

The Outer Court Strategy:

Have obese member come to services in gym clothes and be forced to run laps around the assembly hall during services and do basic calisthenics. If a member in good standing approaches the obese member the obese member must place their hands on their affected body parts and cry "Unlean", "Unlean".

After serveral months of the above program the minister of the congregation will examine the obese member and see if he or she is fit enough to be brought back into their fellowship.

Don't try this at home.

Last edited by ThisIsTheEnd; 10-26-2014 at 04:30 PM..

Old 10-26-2014, 04:02 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Still no answer to this..
Clearly, they should stop existing.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:07 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Gay Marriage, Homosexuality, and Sexual Immorality is wrong, no matter how one tries to flip scriptures to suit them.
But casting the first stone is perfectly okay? We all sin differently, SAAN.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:15 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
You mean like our governor here in Oklahoma. She had an adulteress affair with her body guard and ruined both her and his marriage. She is now remained and is running on a "Traditional Family Values" platform. What needs to be done with her? And what is the name in the bible for women like her? I can't remember it, maybe you can help me with that.
The voting booth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity