Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2017, 05:58 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,184,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
It is said that a remarried person commits adultry and adulters will not enter heaven. It is also said in dueteronmy that it is an abomination to go back to your first wife once either have divorced and remarried. So all that leaves is being celibate. If one is not willing to be celibate then does God help them get prepared for hell?
I've never seen any verse in the Bible that says that earns you an express ticket to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 05:59 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
....Wow....if this is true, this is the most epic thread bump I have ever seen!
Right?...

Old 01-11-2017, 07:43 PM

6,791 posts, read 2,899,606 times
I think the point has been made by several people in this thread that NO ONE is capable of NOT sinning according to the strict guidelines of the biblical God. And yet, there are still SO MANY professed Christians who can't seem to get this fact into their heads. And so they persist in pointing a condemning and hypocritical finger at others for 'perceived sins' such as divorce and remarriage and homosexuality.

To these people ...what say you climb out of your pious bubble and join the rest of us 'sinners'? Then, once we're all on the same level playing field we can perhaps discuss, according to scripture, WHY Jesus was dispatched to the earth in the first place . . .

Old 01-12-2017, 09:02 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,870 times
not if you divorced before you were a christian. or if you did true repentance knowing you are wrong and knowing why you wouldn't do that again.. and LIke David when you figure out you have been caught ask HIM to reap now for your sins and to be remade new.. so if you truly repented be prepared to reap the death or degree of pain created .. so you will reap what you have sown in this life like David told God to do as God found best . but pray and you don't want to save that reaping for later ... so don't name and claim your way out of it.. like David be a man and fess up and ask to reap now not later and then just embrace the cactus because it is going to hurt .

Old 01-12-2017, 09:21 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
Well then it looks like there will be a lot of these so called Christians burning for eternity in the lake of fire.

Like I said, I am just glad I am not one of those people.
**shaking head**

I used to THINK things like that.
This is an old thread. I hope this poster has also been released from this mindset. It's a hellish way to go through life.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:26 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Okay... this HAD to be satire. I believe I've been duped.

Quote:
From what I have read on other threads it is the duty of Christians to point out the errors of others and try to stop them from sinning. Adultery is a huge sin. If you are married to a second spouse you are living in sin, unfortunately. The kids from the second marriage are probably already destined to go to hell.

I was thinking of getting some t shirts made that say God Hates Divorce and God Hates Adulterers and getting a group of Christians together to picket weddings of people who are about to remarry.
Quote:
I hope none of my ancestors had a forbidden marriage because that means I can't go to heaven if they did, right? I am not sure what assembly of the Lord means.

Deuteronomy 23:2 (ESV) | In Context | Whole Chapter

2 “No one born of a forbidden union may enter the assembly of the Lord. Even to the tenth generation, none of his descendants may enter the assembly of the Lord.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:29 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
I, personally, believe that remarriage IS preparation for an eternity of hell.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:03 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I, personally, believe that remarriage IS preparation for an eternity of hell.
marriage? that alone qualifies one for a day pass through the flames of eternal torment..many a fine person has had their spirit proven by the exposure to one good marriage..think what 2-3 marriages can do for qa person...

Old 01-12-2017, 08:59 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,726 times
Quote:
Well then it looks like there will be a lot of these so called Christians burning for eternity in the lake of fire.

Like I said, I am just glad I am not one of those people.
According to the book we are all "one of those people"......and its true under the law everyone is condemned, which Jesus liked to point out. But the one who pointed it out was on a mission to fix the problem, and being God He did. No one has to go to hell whether remarried or not.......

Old 01-14-2017, 10:24 AM

146 posts, read 67,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I truly feel for people who are gay and want to have a heart for the Lord.
It is supposed to be obvious that from Jesus and the epistle writers
... it is all about choosing obedience over one's life on earth.

4 times in John 14, Jesus said ... "If you love Me, you will obey My commandments."
Do we get into heaven, if we don't love Jesus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity