Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 05:32 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
No reason for flying reindeer either, I guess. Or chocolate-dropping bunnies.

Magic is magic.

Of course, you ignore the fact that this conversation is simply operating under the presumption of God existing. If God does not exist, then only natural events with natural causes are possible. However, and I'm sure you would agree, that if God does exist, then by definition He is supernatural and is not constrained by natural forces.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:43 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Of course, you ignore the fact that this conversation is simply operating under the presumption of God existing. If God does not exist, then only natural events with natural causes are possible. However, and I'm sure you would agree, that if God does exist, then by definition He is supernatural and is not constrained by natural forces.
There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for your non-sequitur claims about God. All we have ANY evidence for is nature and what is natural. To assume our God is neither . . . Moderator cut: deleted Your preference for magical thinking and pure imagination may serve your religious purposes . . . but I doubt it has anything whatsoever to do with God. God is everything that exists . . . that includes EVERYTHING . . . i.e., nature.

Last edited by june 7th; 11-18-2014 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 11-18-2014, 11:23 PM

1,220 posts, read 987,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for your non-sequitur claims about God. All we have ANY evidence for is nature and what is natural. To assume our God is neither . . . Moderator cut: deleted Your preference for magical thinking and pure imagination may serve your religious purposes . . . but I doubt it has anything whatsoever to do with God. God is everything that exists . . . that includes EVERYTHING . . . i.e., nature.
Spinoza huh?

Old 11-19-2014, 03:48 AM

518 posts, read 470,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
There exist absolutely no reason to believe that a natural process requires a god to be involved.
no more than a painting requires a pairnter to be involved!

Old 11-19-2014, 06:30 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,633,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith View Post
It is really difficult for me to keep up with so many conversations. This isn't the only thread I have an interest in either so, don't expect me to answer a myriad of your questions. I will however answer this one in two words: "sedimentary rock".
What about sedimentary rock? That doesn't answer the question at all. If there was truly a global flood just a few thousand years ago, there should be a significant sedimentary deposition layer found throughout the entire world that is consistent in age. It should be unmistakable, and as I say, it should be consistent everywhere you find it. And it should be very close to the surface, so we should be seeing it everywhere.

So. Where is it? Simply saying the two words "sedimentary rock" does not even begin to answer the question. How does the simple fact that such a thing as sedimentary rock exists in this world answer that question?

Old 11-19-2014, 06:40 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
if you know anything about sedimentary rock it does.

In fact, it is far better than saying "the bible" because sedimentary rock is in god's own handwriting. He created the earth didn't he? So the rock has his hand prints all over it.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:01 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,633,276 times
That's still no answer. Explain it, please.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:43 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,825,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
That's still no answer. Explain it, please.
I know a bit about sedimentary rock, I too would like an explanation. That answer was at least a little bit more explanatory as just saying "rock." But not much.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:51 AM

518 posts, read 470,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
There might be a reason for that, if you consider it objectively for a moment.

I'm curious about something... has any of that archaeological spade work ever uncovered the massive layer of sediment that would have been deposited over the entire Earth's surface by a worldwide flood?

If so, where is it? If not, why isn't it there? If the flood was only a few thousand years ago, that sediment layer should be literally everywhere, just a few feet below the surface in most places. It's impossible to have an ocean without leaving sediment at the bottom of it after it dries up. Show me that worldwide sediment layer, and I'll buy your flood.
It is everywhere. We here it all the time. If you open your eyes it's right there. The GRand Canyon shows the layers, it was carved out by the flood. A lot of water over a little time. We find marine fossels on mountian tops and deserts all over the earth.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:25 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
It is everywhere. We here it all the time. If you open your eyes it's right there. The GRand Canyon shows the layers, it was carved out by the flood. A lot of water over a little time. We find marine fossels on mountian tops and deserts all over the earth.
Actually, the Grand Canyon was "carved out" by massive electromagnetic discharge post flood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity