Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2014, 07:49 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Brother you are looking at things OUTSIDE of the garden where the tree of life is blocked.

God breathed the "breath of life" into man and placed him in the garden. The breath spoken of here is brimstone and it is rooted in child baring. it is speaking of the birth of Christ in man.

Adam was a son of God, he thus had Christ within.

What you are saying is basically the same thing Bob is saying, yet for 5 years or so you have been fighting along side me against the belief that God is the cause of sin.

If it was inevitable that man sinned because of the way God made man then God is the cause of all the evil for making man the way he did.

However if man could have obeyed and never eaten from the tree of KOGE (my understanding) than man become responsible for that which he did.

Brother if it was inevitable that man sin 2 things are just a shame that God told Adam.

1. that Adam was not to eat.

If it was inevitable that man eat then God gave a command that He would know simply could not be obeyed, which would be setting man up for the fall into sin.

2. that Adam could freely eat from the tree of life.

If it was inevitable that Adam ate and sinned then the command to freely eat is another shame as God would have known that it was inevitable that man would have eaten and He/God would block the way to the tree of life.

Brother what you see is correct concerning those OUTSIDE the garden, but I believe you need to look INSIDE the garden to have a fuller view of that which took place and why those outside of the garden now can only follow the serpents voice.

Jesus Christ opened the way to the tree of life again for those in Christ, thus those in Christ now have access to the tree of life and can again freely eat from it.
Why is this question asked here?:

Rom_9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 07:54 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
You totally misunderstood my post E, hopefully Mystic can see what I am saying.
You obviously don't even know what you wrote p.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Let "us" make man in our image and likeness.

Philo believed the "us" spoken of here is God and Satan (he did not use the term Satan however), which sounds pretty much like what most of you guys are saying. He basically says this so that God the Father could be off the hook for the sin and evil in this world.

Most of those posting in this thread are saying the same thing, for most posters here believe God could not make man in His image and likeness without the help of Satan.
I didn't know Philo was inspired.

The "us" can the the royal "us" or "we" as a king would say to his people "Let us go to war against . . . ." The king saying so does not mean all his listeners are kings as well.

Gen 1:26 And saying is the Elohim, "Make will We humanity in Our image, and according to Our likeness,
and sway shall they over the fish of the sea, and over the flyer of the heavens, and over the beast, and
over all land life, and over every moving animal moving on the land.

What is Elohim's image? Interesting right after He spoke of His image, He brought up swaying over creation as God does. I believe God's image is one of subjection.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:31 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Why is this question asked here?:

Rom_9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
You guys keep bring ro. 9 up and I have already given you a different understanding of it, so why bring it up again to me?

Old 12-23-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You obviously don't even know what you wrote p.
Oh I do E, but you do not seem to know why the law came into place. it was because the people refused to OBEY HIS/GODS VOICE.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I didn't know Philo was inspired.

The "us" can the the royal "us" or "we" as a king would say to his people "Let us go to war against . . . ." The king saying so does not mean all his listeners are kings as well.

Gen 1:26 And saying is the Elohim, "Make will We humanity in Our image, and according to Our likeness,
and sway shall they over the fish of the sea, and over the flyer of the heavens, and over the beast, and
over all land life, and over every moving animal moving on the land.

What is Elohim's image? Interesting right after He spoke of His image, He brought up swaying over creation as God does. I believe God's image is one of subjection.
Could have been, might not have been, but you believe just like him

Old 12-23-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Oh I do E, but you do not seem to know why the law came into place. it was because the people refused to OBEY HIS/GODS VOICE.
Please give the verse which states that is the reason.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
You guys keep bring ro. 9 up and I have already given you a different understanding of it, so why bring it up again to me?
We are hoping God opens your eyes to it. It never hurts to read the Bible, you know.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:20 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,973 times
Quote:
Jesus had the same dual nature we have Bob, he was after all born of a woman.

And all sons of God have been born again with the mind of Christ so have the strenght to resist.

Adam was a son of God.
I asked about all mankind, not just Adam. I asked why all mankind sinned but Jesus did not sin. I am still asking why all chose to sin while Jesus chose to not sin.

Also, why does 1 Cor 15 make so many distinctions between Adam and Christ, if Adam was exactly like Christ.

Last edited by Thy Kingdom Come; 12-23-2014 at 07:06 PM..

Old 12-23-2014, 06:50 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,973 times
Quote:
Brother you are looking at things OUTSIDE of the garden where the tree of life is blocked.

God breathed the "breath of life" into man and placed him in the garden. The breath spoken of here is brimstone and it is rooted in child baring. it is speaking of the birth of Christ in man.

Adam was a son of God, he thus had Christ within.

What you are saying is basically the same thing Bob is saying, yet for 5 years or so you have been fighting along side me against the belief that God is the cause of sin.

If it was inevitable that man sinned because of the way God made man then God is the cause of all the evil for making man the way he did.

However if man could have obeyed and never eaten from the tree of KOGE (my understanding) than man become responsible for that which he did.

Brother if it was inevitable that man sin 2 things are just a shame that God told Adam.

1. that Adam was not to eat.

If it was inevitable that man eat then God gave a command that He would know simply could not be obeyed, which would be setting man up for the fall into sin.

2. that Adam could freely eat from the tree of life.

If it was inevitable that Adam ate and sinned then the command to freely eat is another shame as God would have known that it was inevitable that man would have eaten and He/God would block the way to the tree of life.

Brother what you see is correct concerning those OUTSIDE the garden, but I believe you need to look INSIDE the garden to have a fuller view of that which took place and why those outside of the garden now can only follow the serpents voice.

Jesus Christ opened the way to the tree of life again for those in Christ, thus those in Christ now have access to the tree of life and can again freely eat from it.
1. According to this logic, it was immoral (or a shame) for God put Adam & Eve's offspring outside the garden, incapable of obeying His voice while still issuing commandments to them, like the ten commandments.

2. I can invent what is a shame too. It's a shame that God gave man free will, making it possible for man to sin, the result being that every single man sinned except Christ. God should have made everyone's mind, not a free-will mind, but instead a mind exactly like God's mind: holy, righteous, incapable of sin.

Last edited by Thy Kingdom Come; 12-23-2014 at 07:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity