Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 06:17 AM

908 posts, read 725,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It has nothing to do with false gods. It has to do with you being right. Why don't you worry that you have chosen the wrong God? The more specifics you use to define your God the greater the chance that you are wrong. But if you simply believe in an agape loving God as I do . . . and nothing else . . . then there is little else to be wrong about . . . or to concern yourself about. So how sure are you that everything you believe about God is true???
I am as sure as I can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Historical records weren't great in the time of Jesus, particularly where he would have been. It's hard to find solid evidence that he existed. No matter, as I stated below, rather or not he existed is hardly the point.

I must ask this though, it's not much of a discussion is all you say is 'you can choose not to believe if you want.' That's already clearly established. You, however, ignored the first chunk of my post that dealt with your reasoning of what matters and what does not, which is the point of this topic, is it not?

How is that me making a claim, as you seemed to imply it was. What the other guy said was correct; I'm not saying Jesus WAS made up, I'm simply recognizing the possibility.
Jesus existed and there is evidence of that.

Well, show me a god that came to Earth and was slain and rose from the dead. I might take a look at that god, if you can show it.

"for all we know, they made Jesus up." is a claim that we don't know whether or not Jesus is real or made up. Christians know. Atheists and Agnostics have yet to discover the facts or ignore them.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:34 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,126,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyMO View Post
I am as sure as I can get.
So are Jews. So are Muslims. So are the followers of the myriad religions of the world.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
So are Jews. So are Muslims. So are the followers of the myriad religions of the world.
That's true, but don't forget Atheists and Agnostics. They are as sure as they can be too.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:
That's true, but don't forget Atheists and Agnostics. They are as sure as they can be too.
Agnostics are sure? What are they sure of? And most atheists I have met say Show me evidence. Not all that many say that evidence positively does not exist. Those are just the loudest ones.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
Agnostics are sure? What are they sure of? And most atheists I have met say Show me evidence. Not all that many say that evidence positively does not exist. Those are just the loudest ones.
The Agnostic are sure they don't know.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:

Old 12-14-2014, 12:59 PM

84 posts, read 100,225 times
Quote:
Wow! Now Christians just imagine and offer utterly unsatisfying explanations. Thanks for that input.
You're welcome.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:14 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
LOL!!

I'm sure I don't know what your point could be. I'm agnostic, but that much I am sure of.

So does that count?

Old 12-14-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
LOL!!

I'm sure I don't know what your point could be. I'm agnostic, but that much I am sure of.

So does that count?
Are you sure that God does or doesn't exist? If you don't know which, then you are Agnostic; therefore, you are sure that you don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity