Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2014, 08:00 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
Only Jesus can show you that the KJV is an inspired translation.

Well the Bible in majority use before the KJV was the 1599 Geneva Bible, and it was the errant marginal notes in that Bible that was running against what the scripture says; like Jesus being Michael the arch angel and that it was okay to rebel against those in authority.

If you are referring to the disputable 1 John 5:7 ...if you read verse 9 in with verse 6 & 8, if verse 7 was removed; where is the testimony from heaven that was greater than the testimony of men?

But if that is not enough, then see this indepth report where eventually, it lists extracurricular resources that proved that 1 John 5:7 was referenced as is...

A Case For the Authenticity of 1st John 5:7-8

Or... you can take a short cut at this site where the work of the author David W Daniels is being shown;

Is it true that 1 John 5:7 is not in any Greek manuscript before the 1600s? If it is true, why is it in the King James Bible?

Just a few reference quoted below; more at the link above;

People can look for reasons not to believe, or they can trust Jesus to help them find the truth and see why the KJV is the one to rely on while leaning on the Good Shepherd to understand His words as well as use the meat of His words for discerning good and evil in these latter days since keeping the faith is the good fight which can only be done by His grace and by His help.

Again, trusting Jesus as your Good Shepherd to prove to you why the KJV is the Bible to rely on for the actual meaning of His words is the only way anyone can see the truth of this matter.
Have you ever done any empirical study?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt1959 View Post
OK. So if I'm not using the KJV, I either don't know Jesus or I'm not listening to Him. I've seen this assertion before, from other KJV-onlys and it always seems a little weak to me. Just can't find Jesus without the KJV. Even though people do it every day.

Can people find Jesus through the original language texts?

Could they find Him with the Geneva Bible?

What's wrong with the Tyndale Bible? Tyndale got burned at the stake for his efforts to give people the Bible in English. Guess it wasn't inspired though so maybe he shouldn't have placed himself out on that limb.

What you are saying is that Jesus, through the Holy Spirit, is not able to speak to anyone except through a King James Bible. Your position says, quite clearly, that anyone who claims to be a Christian, but uses a Bible other than the KJV is not actually saved. That God's Word in any other form besides the KJV is dead and unusable. Wow. I guess the position is good for you though, since you are in the "right" club. It leaves absolutely every one else out though, including anyone in the early church up until the KJV came out in 1611 who only had Hebrew and Greek texts of the OT and later on, the canonized NT in Greek.
Oh, Lawdy, Jesus, we all doomed, fo' shaw!!!...

Old 12-16-2014, 11:59 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,236,414 times
Quote:
A closed KJV Bible means following any man made religion, if not your own.

By trusting the Good Shepherd, an open KJV Bible can serve as a means to following Jesus & nothing else.

A modern Bible "usually" means relying on man to understand His words in the KJV & not Jesus.

Open a KJV Bible today & trust Jesus as your Good Shepherd to lead you in the way in following Him.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...A5&version=KJV

Read the Bible in the original languages. Everything else is unnecessary.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:17 AM

Quote:
I disagree. Through His words, I get to know Him and grow in the knowledge of Him and thus my love for Him abounds more and more, all the while discerning what is not of Him as keeping the faith in Jesus Christ is the good fight.
Are you you sure it is faith IN and not faith OF?...

Old 12-17-2014, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
It's not mine
What IS yours?...

Old 12-17-2014, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
So the KJV Bible would be the one closest to the original writings? I used to listen to the priest read from the Bible in the Catholic church I used to go to, and wonder what Bible he was using.

I ask because I have never read the Bible on my own and was thinking of doing this after the new year. I do want to read the one that is closest to the original writings. I rather not read one where extra stuff has been added, like a JW Bible for instance.
Which Bible does the Catholic church use? I admit I know nothing about the different Bible versions.
If you have not read the bible for yourself, how do you know the JW bible has added things?...

Old 12-17-2014, 03:41 AM

Quote:
All modern Bibles are declining from the testimonies of the Son, and in some places, have changed the testimony to give the glory of the Son to another.

Like the Spirit in Romans 8:26-27, which is really about in context why there is only One Mediator between God and men since the intercessions of the Spirit's are unspeakable as to why the Son needs to know the mind of the Spirit to give the intercessions of the Spirit's to the Father as only Jesus can which is in according to the will of God so that when the Father says "Yes.." to any intercession that the Son gives, the Son answers the prayer so that the Father may be glorified in the Son ( John 14:13-14 )

I do not like how those changes has led believers astray in believing that God would use tongues as a prayer language, gained after expereincing a spirit coming over them again even though the Holy Spirit was already within them from before when they had first believed after hearing the gospel. Seeking to receive Jesus or the Holy Spirit again after a sign of tongues as well as other sensational signs in the flesh is the apostasy, and the modern Bible rendition of Romans 8:26-27 does not help when implying that the Holy Spirit does make His own intercessions directly Himself, thus ignoring why the "he" that knows the mind of the Spirit is even necessary in verse 27 which is why "itself" was used in verse 26.

All modern Bibles have declined from the testimony of the Son in 1 Peter 4:19 in declining from how well He is doing a good job of keeping our souls while we suffer to be about the believers' commitment to do good works while they suffer. Not all infer bondage, but nevertheless, most modern Bibles has implied that it is in the believers to continue to do good work while they suffer and that is not the message of the KJV regarding the Son in the keeping of our souls while we suffer. As some do imply bondage like commitments and promises, this is a reference for the religious believers that have gotten swept up in Billy Graham's altar call to make a commitment to follow Christ to keep in order to gain assurance for their salvation and why that is not enough yoke of bondage that the church apply the Promise Keepers program for the commitment keepers to engage in as well, using a CEV Bible in one of their conventions that supports making promises that only God can keep ( see Matthew 5:33-37 & Galatians 5:1-5 in comparison with the KJV If you do not see the difference, then you better start praying to Jesus for help, brother, because I know I can't open your eyes). Evangelicals have changed the message of the just shall live by faith to the just shall live by faith and their commitment to follow Christ.

So from the mountains of religious yokes to the emotional roller coaster hills, our christian leaders have caused many to go astray, and why not? Modern Bibles has given an inch for false teachings and thus apostasy to take the whole mile.

I want the KJV Bible that does not decline from the testimonies of the Son in seeking His glory in keeping the faith which is the good fight.

Again, only Jesus can help you discern good and evil in these modern Bibles as to why apostasy is running unchecked today. Keeping the faith is the good fight and I thank Jesus for showing me why the KJV is the one to rely on while leanong on Him as my Good Shepherd.

Do you really think that no one here could've started out with the KJV?...

Old 12-17-2014, 03:46 AM

Quote:
If you consider why the preference for another modern Bible, it is for the reason of being easier to read, but it is all hype covering up the problem and that is one needs to rely on Jesus as their Good Shepherd and not mankind for helping them to read the KJV Bible.

Take a step back and look at all the modern Bibles that are out there and still in the process of creating an easier to read Bible. What does that tell us? The the reason is null & void and believers should be relying on Jesus as their Good Shepherd for wisdom in understanding His words in the KJV.

And Jesus will confirm that His words are being kept by those that loved Him & His words in the KJV whereas modern Bibles have not, but declined from the testimonies of the Son.

Psalm 119:157 Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies. 158 I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved; because they kept not thy word.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
I've been studying the word since 1986...I study it in its original languages of Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic...

Old 12-17-2014, 07:51 AM

3,074 posts, read 8,026,322 times
I had a KJV once. Took it to church. Left it in a room. Came back and somebody stoled it. Hope they got use out it

Old 12-17-2014, 09:04 AM

88,594 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwocmo View Post
My swedish ancestors in central Kansas were sure that, when a tall church steeple on the prairie was struck by lightning, it was because that particular church had switched to ENGLISH (gasp!) and was using the KJV. Using English and the KJV in church was sure to call down God's wrath. If it's not Swedish, it ain't Bible.
My Dutch ancestors felt the same way. There were two Reformed churches half a block from each other when I grew up. My mother had grown up in one, my father in the second one. We attended the second one.

The reason there were two Reformed churches (The RCA, or Reformed Church of America, is a descendant of the Dutch Reformed Church) within sight of each other was because back in the early 20th Century, the older crowd wanted to continue services in Dutch, which obviously was the language that would be spoken in Heaven, while the younger, American-born people wanted services in English. So, they split into two churches.

In 1980, with everyone speaking English, both buildings were sold, the churches merged, and they built a new building about half a mile away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity