Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 04:58 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,883,507 times

Advertisements

The best prayer is the most honest thought. Even if it seems heretical or dishonoring at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 05:19 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,603,196 times
no matter what you belive separation and isolation are illusions.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:52 AM

124 posts, read 118,729 times
Good answers.. I'm still not back to my original happy self before I read future prophecies and just how horrible it's going to be, and God allows it. Soooo hard to love a God that will let most die to the hands of satan in the end times. But oh well, I know nothing. I only think of good things, lovely and true. I don't think or believe in a God who lets those things happen by choice. I can't bring myself to think God does allow horrible things... And how am I supposed to trust him of those things happen? What good is it to trust God if bad comes from him? No, I dont. Bad is from the devil, and God is only good. I completely ignore that he lets the devil harm us and this world, because I couldn't believe in God at all. ( he does allow it, but I would curse him forever if I think of this cruelty.) so, to be sane I just believe that we are in control of our free will, God is good and that's it.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:53 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,214,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
Can prayers be answered and heard even if we feel we are far away from God?
Yes!

I don't want to get too personal about myself, but I had a medically diagnosed illness and one night it was particularly horrible. I felt very far from God that night. The continuous dialogue that I have back and forth throughout the day was broken.

I don't have individual prayers mind you, where I get down on my knees or anything. I don't even focus it, really. It's more of a never stopping discussion about anything and everything. However, that night, I felt alone.

Finally, enough strength was gathered through the pain. I spoke in anger and was hot. I said, enough is enough, I've had it. In the name of Jesus this has to stop. The symptoms instantly resolved. By instant, I mean instant. At first, I didn't know what on earth to think. I was like, what? A follow up later confirmed resolution of the underlying cause of the symptoms. I was taken off medication and haven't been on medication since.

So if you are not "feeling" it, it's okay. Prayers can be answered apart from those feelings.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:14 PM

1,100 posts, read 797,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
Can prayers be answered and heard even if we feel we are far away from God?
The Holy Spirit dwells within us by faith; not by sight nor by seeking a sign. Those that do; and testify of this are not discerning the spirits, but preaching another Jesus or another "Holy Spirit to receive or to feel.

If you want assurances, seek them from His words that He is with you always. & believe Jesus at His word.

Matthew 28:2020 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Ephesians 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil. 28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. 29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:25 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
The secret is to feel that your prayers are answered.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:33 PM

1,100 posts, read 797,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
........ One way to get more of the Holy Spirit into Your life is to ....
No one can get any more of the Holy Spirit; they either have Him in them or they don't; and once in as promised by faith in Jesus Christ, He will never leave so that the Good Shepherd can speak to us and lead us through the Holy Spirit in us as we can only live this reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ, aka the Bridegroom.

Matthew 5:6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Matthew 9:16 No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse. 17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

You are a new creature in Christ Jesus and filled with the Holy Ghost as promised when you were saved.

There is no more filling so that our testimony of always filled is a testimony to Jesus having bought us with a price and thus a new creature and always filled with the Holy Spirit as proof that He is our Saviour for we are saved just as the new bottles are able to hold the new wine; sealed and thus always saved.

If we could lose our salvation or be a leaky vessel, it does not go to the glory of Jesus as our Saviour.

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? 12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Examine the above scriptural reference: promises were given that those that seek shall find; those that knock at the door of Jesus, the door shall be opened; they shall receive the promise in verses 9 & 10.

Now discern the other promise given in verses 11-13. This is Jesus saying that the Father has promised that once you have received the promise of the Spirit at the door of Jesus, you will not be asking for the Holy Spirit again; not even for more of the Holy Spirit, unless by that testimony, you make the Father look evil as if He did not really give you that gift as promised the first time at the door of Jesus Christ.

Jesus is able to forgive our trespasses and as we grow in the knowledge of Him, we can see His promises that He is with us always and lean on Him to trust Him to make the words of our mouths and the meditations of our hearts acceptable in His sight by Whom we shall give the Father more thanks & praises in Jesus Christ's name. Amen.

Psallm 19: 11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. 13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. 14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Psalm 50:23 Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:35 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
no matter what you belive separation and isolation are illusions.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:20 PM

1,382 posts, read 769,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
It is written;

"The Lord hears the prayer of the righteous but He is far from the wicked."

"They shall call upon my name and I will hear them, I will say they are my people and they will say the Lord is my God."
Dear peace,
The problem with your quote is that the wicked consider themselves righteous. The wicked can pray, and believe they will be answered, but in truth, it is more likely that pigs will fly, than their prayers will be answered by God. With respect to pigs flying, I am not referring to pigs with a first class ticket on an airline, but with respect to pigs actually flying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity