Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 07:45 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,460 times

Advertisements

Someone mentioned on another thread we must walk in the light.

How many hear believe they walk in the light ?

What is it to you, to walk in the light ?

Scripture says;

"The Lord will be your light forever, your God shall be your glory."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 07:54 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,387,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post

Scripture says;

KJV Psalm 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

The written word is that lamp/light for our walking that path and we must walk according to what it shows us.

Jesus who is God's word and also a light to man, leads us in being guided by the written word.

Both Jesus and the Bible are needed to walk in the Light.

I try.

Old 12-25-2014, 07:58 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,918,994 times
Quote:

Scripture says;

I walk in the light and I walk in the darkness.
I walk towards love (God) and I turn away from love (God), as well.

And I see all human beings as doing the same.

All have a foot on each path.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
KJV Psalm 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

The written word is that lamp/light for our walking that path and we must walk according to what it shows us.

Jesus who is God's word and also a light to man, leads us in being guided by the written word.

Both Jesus and the Bible are needed to walk in the Light.

I try.
Thanks for the drink of water. I agree, the word is the light.

As the son of man says; Once you have the light, keep faith in the light and you will become a child of light.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I walk in the light and I walk in the darkness.
I walk towards love (God) and I turn away from love (God), as well.

And I see all human beings as doing the same.

All have a foot on each path.
Didn't Jesus say that whoever walks in the dark does not know where he is going?

How can one know he walks in the light if he is in the dark as well?

Old 12-25-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Didn't Jesus say that whoever walks in the dark does not know where he is going?

How can one know he walks in the light if he is in the dark as well?

If you (general you) believe you do not also walk in the darkness at times, you are deceiving yourself... (heavily.)

The darkness is non-love.
Our hearts are squeezed when our foot falls on the path of non-love.
We either ignore the promptings in our heart or we heed them and turn back to the path of Love (God).

Old 12-25-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
If you (general you) believe you do not also walk in the darkness at times, you are deceiving yourself... (heavily.)

The darkness is non-love.
Our hearts are squeezed when our foot falls on the path of non-love.
We either ignore the promptings in our heart or we heed them and turn back to the path of Love (God).
How can anyone who follows Jesus say they are in the dark when Jesus said His followers are the light of the world?

I thought scripture says the word is the light. Do you claim to know more than David whom God favored more than others.

If the word is the light then those in the dark are without the word.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
How can anyone who follows Jesus say they are in the dark when Jesus said His followers are the light of the world?

I thought scripture says the word is the light. Do you claim to know more than David whom God favored more than others.

If the word is the light then those in the dark are without the word.

Well if you are saying David claimed to be perfect and never walked in the darkness, then yeah, ok, I claim to know more than David.

lol...

Peacegiver.. you walk in darkness at times, whether you want to believe it or not.
Sorry to burst your bubble, my friend.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Well if you are saying David claimed to be perfect and never walked in the darkness, then yeah, ok, I claim to know more than David.

lol...

Peacegiver.. you walk in darkness at times, whether you want to believe it or not.
Sorry to burst your bubble, my friend.
In the way you think I walk in darkness at times but God does not think as man so I know I am the light of the world. I know how God thinks because I come from Him, He sent me.

Be perfect as my heavenly Father is perfect.

If you wish to be perfect, sell what you have, give to the poor and follow me.

As the Lord say; "Walk in my presence and be blameless."

Old 12-26-2014, 04:45 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
I am a witness of the light of God which was unbelievable to see ..... Some years back I attended a Friday night prayer meeting at the church , and I remember the leader started the prayer meeting by confessing the scripture Matthew 18 :19 ...``for where two or three have gathered together in My name I am there in their midst``...........And early on during this meeting , I seen a bright flash go off , then another from another place in the meeting , and I looked around and there was no body with a camera and not no one paid notice about this , and the flashes of white pure light continued for five minutes , then it stopped , and I was the only witness with about thirty people around in the meeting .....Later I came to the conclusion that the Spirit of God was moving at this meeting. Glory to God
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity