Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 04:27 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times

Advertisements

Love sometimes involves sacrifice and suffering. They are not in opposition to love, Jesus suffered and died for us according to the Father's will and He did it for a higher purpose. We know that it was God's will because Jesus asked for the cup to be removed if possible, but it was not possible, so He yielded to the Father's will for Him, which involved being killed, murdered on the cross. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 04:29 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Pleroo, I just made a comment in reference to what the other poster said. Don't make it bigger than it is. God bless.
I'm not making a big deal of the comment. You said some time ago you would no longer discuss things with me because we have a different view of the bible, which I found sad because I enjoyed discussions with you. For a moment, I thought you'd changed your mind, which I thought was great. Turns out I was wrong, that's all. I will continue to respect your wishes. Not a big deal, but if you ever change your mind, I'm here.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Love sometimes involves sacrifice and suffering. They are not in opposition to love, Jesus suffered and died for us according to the Father's will and He did it for a higher purpose. We know that it was God's will because Jesus asked for the cup to be removed if possible, but it was not possible, so He yielded to the Father's will for Him, which involved being killed, murdered on the cross. God bless.

Love does not DEMAND sacrifice and suffering from others.

(Sorry, couldn't let that one go by. I'll try to leave it at that.)

Old 12-31-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You cannot have a loving father, if he is not also jealous and vengeful; a murderer from the beginning.

Amazing, isn't it?
That's one word for it.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:31 PM

908 posts, read 725,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
If something is not loving then it canNOT come from the God who IS love. Demanding that someone be willing to kill their child to prove they love you, for instance, doesn't just SEEM not loving. It's NOT loving. Count on that. You can't spin that to be a loving thing, no matter how hard you try.
When you know that God loves you and that you love God, you know you have nothing to worry about. Fear not, for, currently, God would not ask you to do what He asked Abraham to do.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:34 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Pleroo, I feel that we have no real common ground for discussion, if we are not in agreement on the scriptures, so we would only end up going around in circles sadly. God bless.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyMO View Post
When you know that God loves you and that you love God, you know you have nothing to worry about. Fear not, for, currently, God would not ask you to do what He asked Abraham to do.
Oh, I don't fear that God would ever ask anyone to kill anyone else. I might be getting a little concerned about those of you who have no problem thinking God might ask that of you, however.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:35 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
How can you think that love on ANY terms includes demanding that someone KILL their child to prove their devotion to you? Can you even just look in your own bible at the definition of love given by the author of 1 Corinthians and explain how that fits in any way, shape or form?
You are not reading what I am posting. You are so focused on "love" that you are not seeing anything else.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Pleroo, I feel that we have no real common ground for discussion, if we are not in agreement on the scriptures, so we would only end up going around in circles sadly. God bless.
Yeah, I know. You said that. Like I said, I mistakenly thought you'd changed your mind. You haven't. Carry on.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:37 PM

908 posts, read 725,644 times
Quote:
Oh, I don't fear that God would ever ask anyone to kill anyone else. I might be getting a little concerned about those of you who have no problem thinking God might ask that of you, however.
I understand your concern. I once felt the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity